Grade 'Cavallino Rampante'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 8, 2011.

?

How would you grade 'Cavallino Rampante'?

1. A+

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. A

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. A-

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  8. C

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  9. C-

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Let us know what you think of tonight's episode! :D

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I did love Hawkes and Adam. And the boss talk between Mac and Danny. Also Adam tossing away Mac's keys to demonstrate that device.

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Thanks for starting the thread, Fay! Appreciate it.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

No problem! :)

5. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

That was a really good episode :thumbsup:

-Again, Mac with his super memory, i just don't know how he does it :rolleyes:
    -Nice to see Danny going into boss mode and his and Mac's talk. He understands now why Mac set him in line now every time he done something wrong.
    -Jo and Mac fun in the impound, LOL at when he kicked her foot :lol: instead of helping her up, he should of lay on top of her :devil: their is definitely something there romantically with those two
    -Loved Jo going undercover, it was a nice surprise.
    -Mac in a kevlar, yummmmmmyyyyyyyyy :drool: :drool: :drool:

it was a great episode, i gave it a A+

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  6. macandjogirl

macandjogirl Victim

Agree. A+. It was a lot more fun than I expected, and I liked where they went with the bigger story. I wonder if we'll be seeing that guy again. He seems like way too bad of a bad guy to be never heard from again.

Loved all the Mac and Jo interactions. I swear, those two MUST be hanging out outside of work! And glad to finally see what the long hair was about from those long-ago pics of Sela in the Ferrari. Really enjoyed this one. :)

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I liked the episode and thought it was better than last weeks. Loved the Mac/Adam part.

They watch Adam toss Mac's keys then once Adam demonstrates the car opener, Mac tells Adam something.

"Get my keys." :guffaw:

I also liked the Hawkes/Adam parts too, thought it was funny how Adam was faking his injuries when Hawkes demonstrated to Mac about the moves.

Like the interaction with Mac/Jo in the impound and I thought maybe it was Adam underneath at first.

8. ioanhoratio

ioanhoratio Victim

There were aspects of this episode I really enjoyed! It was great to see Danny in boss mode, and I felt he handled the situation with Officer Cooper (I believe that was her name) very well. I also appreciated her response to Danny's instruction. She accepted and (I felt) even appreciated his criticism. Of course I grinned at Danny's frustration over possibly not getting to see his wife and child :) (although that sounds very mean to enjoy his pain :lol: but I appreciate the show giving us a bit of what many married couples deal with; trying to find a balance between work and family, to ensure there is enough time devoted to both).

I just don't really enjoy cars that much. I fall into the well established stereotype of girl who can put gas in her car and not much else. Someone on the writing staff has a mad love of cars since the show seems to feature them rather often. I get a little bored with that though. I was also a bit disappointed that they made Jo a car enthusiast. I'm not saying two women can't share a love of something, but with Lindsay's established fascination with fast cars it was disheartening to see they chose to go the same route with Jo. We only have two women on the show and it seemed a little lazy to me that they would chose to give them both the same distinguishing characteristic ("same distinguishing"...sounds like an oxymoron). Again, it's not outside the realm of possibility for them to share a like for something, but I had hoped they would take the opportunity to represent different aspects of the female perspective.

9. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

C

The only reason why I somewhat enjoyed watching this episode, was because of all the great Danny Messer moments it offered. It was so nice to finally see him develop as an individual character and make a man's in his new job. It does take time to get used to the fact that he's in charge of several patrol officers underneath him, but so far he handled his new responsibilities well enough. I liked seeing him as the teacher, the experiences he shared with the rookie and that he also admitted how many mistakes he made when he started. Thanks to the writers who finally realized how essential it is to add consistency! I also found it kinda cute how the rookie looked up to Danny and tried to be all tough in front of him. I'd like to see more of their "work" relationship and how Danny teaches her. I'm really looking forward now to see more of Sergeant Danny Messer and the closing scene of him joining the rookies in the bar was a wonderful touch. After all, they are his second family and they have to trust one another and I personally think it's important to bond with them.

I also think I figured out what Danny's new rank means. I know there has been a lot of confusion about it, because they didn't really make it clear or understandable in the beginning. After watching real cop documentaries, I now think to know that Danny doesn't outrank Mac or Flack. He's a sergeant in the patrol officer department whereas Don Flack works in the homicide department which is considered the elite or most wanted job as a cop. Two completely different departments that can't be compared with each other. I guess the latest episode made that even more clear what his new job title means, or at least to me it did. Please correct me if I am wrong with my observation though.

The story line was more of a "Hollywood" than realistic approach. I couldn't connect to any of the (guest) characters although I did like the performances by Courtney Ford, Jeananne Goossen and Tim Guinee. The in-depth moments were definitely missing, it appeared all very fast-paced and gave you the impression as a viewer that everything was just thrown together without giving it really much thought.

Lindsay jumping out of the car with a rifle that she could barely hold steady in her arms was by far the most ridiculous scene. It clearly was used for entertainment purposes, but added nothing but annoyance. She's already portrayed as the "rockstar" in the lab, so that's exactly where her character should stay and not be used out in the field involving dangerous arrests where the actress continually fails to deliver a convincing performance, in my opinion. Nonetheless, I also have to add that this moment would have seemed as equally silly if it had been any of the other CSIs. After all, that's what you have SWAT for - highly trained police officers who make such arrests on a daily basis. I wish the writers would stop using the lab rats as part of the SWAT team, because they are not. They are crime scene investigators hence work the clues, examine evidence etc. and not arrest (highly armed) and dangerous individuals. Is it really too much to ask to at least get this one fact right? Apparently on CSI: NY, it has become all about "entertainment" and nothing else anymore.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  10. Carollouise99

Carollouise99 Victim

A-
    I absolutely loved the Adam scenes. Both throwing Mac's keys away and Sheldon murdering him. Both had me laughing quite embarresingly.
    The dsanny Mac conversation was nice and Jo should so grow her hair out.
    All in all great ep.

11. Carollouise99

Carollouise99 Victim

A-
    I absolutely loved the Adam scenes. Both throwing Mac's keys away and Sheldon murdering him. Both had me laughing quite embarresingly.
    The dsanny Mac conversation was nice and Jo should so grow her hair out.
    All in all great ep.

12. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I do like Lindsay, but I have to agree that this scene was completely unnecessary. She didn't even have any lines or any reason for her to be in that scene as opposed to say, a SWAT team member.

And I think I missed what Danny's rookie did that was such a mistake. She seemed a bit miffed by whatever she'd just had to do, but honestly, I was pretty much tuning out during the non case related scenes (not much of a Danny fan me)

The surviving car thief and her crocodile tears did nothing for me. I thought that Mac was overly sympathetic towards her. Me I was thinking that if maybe she'd actually, I don't know, not broken the damn law, then maybe none of this would have happened.

13. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

The Lindsay part getting out of the car, I think they probably just wanted to give Anna face time. I thought it was cool though. 'Don't mess with mama!'

14. grneyes

grneyes Victim

This episode fell flat for me and I think it was the storytelling. The case wasn’t really all that fascinating for me and the sub-story didn’t live up to the expectations set forth from the first two episodes of the season. Sure, we had the scenes with Danny and the rookie cop, but they were stuck in to lead us up to next week’s episode. In the first two episodes of this season, the secondary storyline involving the characters stood on their own within that episode.

I did enjoy the scene where Hawkes was choking Adam, but the end was missing something. They could have cut it right after Mac left, but they chose to have Hawkes tell Adam he could get up now that Mac was gone. Why? What was the point to that?

I’m trying to not to be so disappointed in this episode, but it’s very difficult for me. Hopefully next week’s episode more than makes up for this week’s miss.

15. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

The part about Hawkes and Adam, maybe they wanted to show that Hawkes was only demonstrating the moves and that he would never really hurt Adam. I hadn't thought about that part though.