What's Your Most Favourite CSI:NY Episode(s)?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by CSICahillFan, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Can you say BORING? It was boring. The most interesting/exciting part was before the theme song. After that, it was all downhill at warp 2.
    (Warp 2=Star Trek fan.)

2. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Hmm this is a tough one. Well obviously my choices are also Mac centered. ;)

This is my top10! :D

1) Recycling/Down in a Rabbit hole (I couldn't decide!:lol:)
    2) Yahzreit
    3) Snow Day
    4) The Untouchable
    5) Corporate Warriors
    6) Charge of this Post
    7) Blink
    8) Grounds of Deception
    9) Silent Night/Necrophilia Americana
    10) Death House/Formula/Point of View

Course there would have been a lot more episodes to list but these came first into mind! ;)
    And I haven't seen season 7 yet! (only lurking some episodes online! :lol:)

3. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

goodness is it awful of me that i almost completely forgot about episodes from season 1? what a bad fan i am and i adore Aiden too!!

- Hush (Danny and Aiden crack me up so much in this ep)
    - Outside Man
    - Tri- Borough
    - Recycling
    - Blood Sweat and Tears
    - Til Death Do We Part
    - Zoo York
    - Corporate Warriors
    - City of the Dolls
    - Risk
    - Cool Hunter
    - All Access
    - Stealing Home
    - Charge of this Post
    - People With Money
    - Not What it Looks Like
    - Love Run Cold
    - Silent Night
    - Sleight Out of Hand
    - A Daze of Wine and Roaches
    - Snow Day (best season finale i have ever seen)
    - Boo
    - Commuted Sentences
    - DOA For a Day
    - Personal Foul
    - Sex Lies and Silicone
    - The Box
    - Grounds for Deception
    - Criminal Justice
    - The 34th Floor
    - Scared Stiff
    - Food for Thought
    - Do or Die

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'm a bad fan, too, because I completely forgot about Hush. :wtf:

I love that episode because of Danny and Aiden, too. :D

5. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Y'know what, I'm going to add the entire Season 1 to my list, because every episode was a masterpiece, made even better by Vanessa Ferlito

6. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

Boring? :wtf: How was it boring? he almost got shot *twice*, once by a little girl! and let's not forget that whole episode, we didn't know if it was coming back the next season or not.

I agree, I loved every single episode of season one, it just was so epic :)

7. pdegan2814

pdegan2814 Dead on Arrival

I'm gonna list mine in the order they aired, because picking an absolute favorite it too tough. :)

Three Generations Are Enough - A great example of CSI:NY's theme, "everything's connected". Plus I really liked Jane, the DNA lady :)

The Fall - great character moments for Flack, Eddie Cahill knocked it out of the park.

Fare Game - the watergun game was fun, and the story of the killer was moving

Silent Night - I'm a big Marlee Matlin fan. And her character's comments about how Mac speaks with his eyes were dead-on, Gary Sinise says more with a look than most actors say with a page of dialogue. Plus it was great to see Mac & Peyton get back together :)

Snow Day - possibly their strongest season finale. Stella & Hawkes as action heroes was pushing it a bit, but Gary Sinise really sold Mac as a Marine(no such thing as ex-) who could still throw down.

Down The Rabbit Hole - really neat case, one of the few where their killer gets away, loved that Adam got a chance to really shine. I didn't think the follow-up was as good.

Turbulence - it was fun watching Mac improvise while on the plane, and I'm glad the passengers who were obvious suspects turned out not to be the killer.

She's Not There - LOVED this episode. Probably the best "human trafficking" episode of the CSI franchise, mostly because if felt the most personal. It wasn't about the brave heroes rescuing a shipping container full of damsels in distress, it was about very specific fathers and daughters. That scene where the one girl says good-bye to her father in the morgue gets to me every time. And Julia Ormond did a great job, I wish they'd been able to have her around more. She & Gary were great together.

Hammer Down - The strongest installment of that CSI trilogy. Lots of people talk about how good Mac & Horatio are together, but I though Mac & Ray were fantastic.

Pot Of Gold - Purely for the introduction of Aubrey Hunter. Madchen Amick was ridiculously charming, and I though she & Gary had great chemistry. I really wish they hadn't dumped that storyline.

Damned If You Do - Interesting story, with some nice character beats for Mac, and one of the funniest bits of the show's whole run, with Jo setting up that fake polygraph test.

Hide Sight - The overall story was ok, but I like this one mostly for Mac's interaction with the girl who lived across the way from the suspect. That scene with them sitting in the windows was lovely.

Party Down - I liked this one mostly because it was just a fun mystery to unravel. :)

The Untouchable - Very touching story, Gary always does such a great job when Mac's connecting with someone like he did with the victim(I think I'm one of the few who enjoyed his scenes with Ella McBride a few years ago).

Exit Strategy - An excellent episode that had some great moments for Mac & Jo's friendship, and a great story for Mac overall. They were in a tough spot creating an episode that could provide enough closure if it was a series finale, but could also lead them into a new season if they got picked up.

As you can see, the season with the most entries on my list was Season 7. I know Stella has a lot of fans, and I never had anything against her, but she wasn't all that compelling to me. By Season 6 I thought the show was getting a little stale. Sela Ward as Jo Danville was a breath of fresh air last year. Her addition to the team, and the shift in focus to mostly single-case episodes which allowed for richer storytelling really gave the show the boost it needed. I can't wait to see what they do for Season 8.

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

The arc where Stella is attacked because of the fake coins and she goes to Greece and Mac follows.

Unfriendly Chat

I liked Exit Strategy though.

I thought they did a good job with the episode as to since we didn't know if the show was going to be canceled or not. This season finale was MUCH better than the Cold Case finale. That was a bad finale and a bad move by the writers to assume the show would come back.

9. ioanhoratio

ioanhoratio Victim

Great question!

I would have to say that my all time favorite episode is Snow Day. It just had all the elements that I look for: action, romance, character progression, suspense, and drama.

Honorable mentions is a much longer list! :lol:

Zoo York
    It's Not What It Looks Like
    Oedipus Hex
    Slight Out of Hand
    A Daze of Wind and Roaches
    You Only Die Once
    Boo
    Personal Foul
    The Triangle
    Green Piece
    Yahrzeit
    Epilogue
    Dead Reckoning
    Vacation Getaway

10. LynseyG

LynseyG Victim

My favourite episodes of the seasons i have watched have to be:

Snow Day
    When lindsey has lucy (forgot name of episode)
    Tanglewood
    hostage