'Bittersweet' Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Oct 2, 2011.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

They made a point to mention in the show that it wasn't an actual date, he was just doing a favor for Doc showing his niece around. And I'm glad it was made clear because she looked 15. He looked like he was feeling awkward when she slipped her arm through his though lol.

I don't think he was worried about Greg hitting on her, but maybe the other way around. She seemed kind of flirty with Nicky. Maybe Robbins thought she'd flirt even more with Greg since he's closer to her age. :lol:

Somehow, I doubt that she'll come between the guys seeing as to how Nick doesn't seem to be interested in Morgan in that way. Nick's said he wouldn't date someone he worked with and also I don't think he would dare date Ecklie's daughter lol.

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

But her statement "Listen I'm not saying I want to date guys on the job but...." and then asking about Nick and his "date" and if they were an item... well let's just say the first thing to pop into my mind it's not gossip ;).

3. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I have no issues with Morgan liking Nick. I don't think they are the trianble though.

4. Liv89

Liv89 Dead on Arrival

Yes it was explained. Ryan Thomas worked as a day labourer in construction and was employed at a marina and the warehouse where colleen was carrying out the assault was at the marina. As D.B. Russell points out pressure washers are used to wash boats and therefore there was bound to be one at the marina.

On a separate note, i loved this episode, it was great to see sara being sara - passionate and emotionally involved. :)

5. byline

byline CSI Level One

I enjoyed this episode, and am really starting to like D.B. He's a bit like early Grissom, before the social awkwardness kicked in. I was a bit annoyed with Sara; even though I empathized completely with her reaction, I thought her announcement at the pool lacked the professional restraint that I would've thought she'd have developed by now. Still, the interactions between her and D.B. felt right, and her shocked reaction at discovering the victim now being the victimizer was very believable.

This case hit pretty close to home with a horrific case in Canada, but it was kept different enough not to be too similar ... and "Da Vinci's Inquest" similarly based an episode on this same case at the end of its very first season, so "CSI" can be forgiven for letting years go by before using it (presumably) as source material.

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ Yeah, I was thinking it smacked of Paul Pernardo and Karla Homolka in Ontario. It also seemed to be an amalgamation with some of the recent year's US cases involving girls held for multiple years.

Anyway, I thought this was a really good episode- probably my fave so far of the 3 this season. It felt like a return to the CSI of old.

7. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Well, you might be right, hiphugger17, although she wasn't exactly acting jealous when she was interacting with Nick in the lounge. I don't think we'll know for sure until Morgan makes it clear herself on the show and tries to make a move on one of the boys, assuming they even consider that. I think I have to agree with GNRF though in the sense that she's not nessecarily implying that she's interested in Nick. Although I'm still partially worried about what might happen between Nick/Morgan/Greg, on the other hand, spoilers are not always 100% accurate in general and, now when I think about it, how many times have the writers teased us (ok maybe not tease but....I think you'll get my meaning) in the past about who is possibly interested in whom, (otherwise we wouldn't have had these famous (whether cannon or non-cannon) ships on this board and other fansites: Grillows, CatNip, Snickers, The Love, etc. ;))? My point is, maybe there's just potential for Morgan to develop a good chemistry with the boys on a platonic level as well as the rest of the team; at least I'm hoping they just go in that direction for now.

Anyway, This was a good episode. I liked the A case, it was really sad and dark; it was nice to get a storyline focused on Sara; I saw a little bit of her old self back in this episode (how she used to get emotionally involved in cases) and I liked how D.B. was trying to cheer her up at the end, talking about food. female sexual sadists are rare, so this was kind of new-in a way :). I have to say, I think I would've enjoyed the chocolate case (Greg and Morgan's scenes especially) a lot better if....well this saying is probably getting overdone....it didn't seem forced in the episode, if it had more scenes and more build up, but nonetheless I still enjoyed Greg and Morgan's interactions.

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Was it ever explained about the cement? I know DB made mention of Sara needing Nick's help with the blocks, therefore the murderer would need help too, but it sure seemed a little beyond the girl and microwave boy's abilities.

Dang it...I hate it when I'm away from the DVR! :lol:

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

As far as I remember we're supposed to believe the two of them together could handle the cement blocks. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I mean where did they get the cement and how did they break them up like that? I guess because the guy was in construction?

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Ohh. Okay. Yeah. I just woke up from a nap so I'm a little slow right now. :p I think it was because he was in construction. Since they dismembered the bodies with the power washer before they put them in concrete I'm thinking they didn't have to break them up, but I could be wrong.

12. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

They knew to get the cement because Gina probably used cement on people in front of Colleen. Ditto the water pressure to separate the body parts. Basically she knew the general idea, and Wendell's strong, man ;)

13. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Just saw the ep. I really hate how late it's on. I'm never gonna be able to watch it until the end of the week now... :(

Anyway, enough of my bitching. I loved this episode! It really did feel like old school CSI.

I liked how this one stepped away a bit from DB, Nick and Catherine and showed more Sara, Greg and Morgan. Helped establish more of the ensemble feeling this season seems to be going for. Missed Brass though.

I suspected the girl was guilty after her talk with DB. After the mention of the PTSD, I figured something snapped in her. Didn't think of Stockholm Syndrome but in hindsight it fits. I really enjoyed the interaction between Sara and DB here too.

I wasn't as interested in the B case as I was in the CSIs working the B case. :lol: Greg and Morgan make a great team. I'm not sure if Morgan is actually interested in Nick or if she was either A) messing with Greg or B) probing to see the lab's policies on dating coworkers with a future interest in Greg in mind. I'd like that. And I'm really liking Morgan. A lot. :devil:

As for Nick's "date". Meh. I'm glad they established it as a friendly thing. I'm sorry but he really looked old standing next to her. :lol:

Great ep! Looking forward to the next one!

14. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

OK, I know there were many mentions of Nick looking old next to Doc's niece, and I agree she looked too young for him.......BUT...

George is younger than me and now I'm feeling ancient :eek: :p :lol:

15. Biomeka

Biomeka Hit and Run

hey is the villian in Sara's case based on Karla Homokla (sp)? That's who the case reminds me of