Grade 'Keep It Real'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Sep 30, 2011.

?

How would you grade 'Keep It Real?'

1. A+

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. A

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. A-

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. B+

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  5. B

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. C-

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New ep tonight! Give it a watch and let us know what you thought. :cool:

2. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Thank you, Lindsay and your demonstration.
    I just cracked the case.
    The tattoo artist did it.
    Whoops. My bad. The guitar guy did it.
    I wonder if that's her singing or if she's lip syncing to someone who could be her singing. I like the song either way.

Okay...I like this episode better than last week's but it's still pretty lackluster compared to season 7. So, I therefore give this episode a B-.

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

The case was average. The fact that the spoilers called Miranda a "Punk Princess" is laughable when you actually see what the character turned out to be and heard the song at the end. :rolleyes:

Danny and Lindsay having to be a cutesy and liek, bummed out about not being together all the time or being able to have lunch is far more annoying than having them work together and be boring in the lab. I wanted to punch them both. :rolleyes:

Mac being all preachy to Josh at the end was annoying. I wanted to punch him. :rolleyes:

The fuss about Tyler's roommate was that she's a girl. :rolleyes:

A few good lines from Flack, good Adam moments and good Adam/Jo scenes couldn't save this lame episode.

D

4. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Couple of thoughts:

-I liked this episode (it was better than the premiere which was a massive let down IMO).

-The punk rock chick wasn't just some stupid slutty girl, it made it seem like she was in the promos.

-Is Jo's son in college? If so I've never heard of a college that allows coed roommates.

-I liked how they continued the thing from last week in this episode, Mac setting up the plaque from the Brooklyn Wall of Remembrance in his office. Too many times on CSI do I feel like none of them remember what's happened in past episodes. The writers completely ignore stuff from past episodes sometimes.

I give this episode an A.

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah, I don't think it was lame either. Not a real standout, but not terrible. Solid B at least. (the first one wasn't a letdown imo either)

How many kids does Jo have? Ellie, Tyler and any more?

I'm starting to like Jo more this season, even though I still miss Stella. I love Hawkes and Adam betting and Jo telling them she coulda cleaned them out.

Adam must have been in college a long time for 12 roommates.

'Felony lunchjacking' lol

love Jo defending Alabama to the music store guy.

Points for the plaque, yeah...any continuity is good.

I sense a lot of impending 'too much D/L' remarks, but I wasn't terribly annoyed.

6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

OMG yawn! I thought we're in midseason filler episodes already! Anyway, state of my mind aside, I thought the episode was good overall. I was just disappointed to see this kind of episode this early. I like Jo's B story. Didn't mind the one D/L scene. It was okay.

Next week's episode looks better. Might have faster pacing. I hope so!!!

A-

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The song she was singing in the beginning is a song by The Clash and they are considered punk rock, so I guess that's why the spoilers referred to this character as a punk singer. :shrug:

I will have to wait until tomorrow to watch the episode. I taped it in the Living room (cause I was watching "Paul" on DVD in my room, plus taping something else on the vcr) and I just tried to watch it in my room. The tape jumps too much. Apparently my vcr and the one in the livingroom and not compatible lol.

8. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

An okay episode but far better than last week's.
    I will also say..I'm still waiting for the episode where a perp calls Mac out. The high and mighty act gets old fast.

9. Carollouise99

Carollouise99 Victim

Really enjoyed this ep. Some bits weren't spectacular but the Adam scenes more than made up for it. Lol at Mac finding Adam halfway through crawling through a broken window and him losing the bet to Hawkes was brilliant except I dont think Adam would've betted on Mac never coming back. I loved his scene with Jo 'you broke the mum code' hilarious.

all in all I gave it an A.

10. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

C-

It was an alright episode, although I noticed my interest fading after half through it.

One thing that irritated me was the audience at the concert in the beginning and in the end. The extras didn't do a good job in portraying an enthusiastic crowd enjoying the music. It came across as very unnatural and forced that ruined these two moments for me.

The "flirtatious" Danny/Lindsay moment seemed just as fake to me or let's say Lindsay's part didn't convince me. Danny's response felt very genuine and had my heart melt. I did like the D/L moment afterwards when Mac showed up at the crime scene and they both "argued" over who said it first that he'd return. It was cute, playful and came across more natural.

I also enjoyed the short Hawkes/Adam moment. It was a fun part very well done although Hawkes is one of my least favorite characters. Especially the "happiness" line afterwards was great and that Hawkes asked if he wants to bet on it. I have to say this was one of my favorite parts of this episode. The subtle personal moments are so much more interesting than long dialogues/overdone scenes that leave no room for imagination or suspense what's up next for the character.

There weren't enough scenes with Flack and/or Danny, so this is one of the main reasons why the episode didn't entertain me as much. I adore both characters as well as the actors (they make an even super boring episode worthwhile watching because of their always so terrific performances), so it wasn't an episode I'd watch over and over again.

The guest-cast was decent, I really liked all of their performances and they did a good job in portraying their emotions. I could especially feel the chemistry between the singer and the 'normal' guy. The case itself bored me. Not enough twists and turns although the approach of the counterfeit money was alright. It was more the interaction of the guest-cast that made it okay to watch.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  11. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

If you live off-campus, you can have any roommate you want. My last year of college, I lived with 3 other women in a house. Worked just fine.

I liked the episode. I was wondering how long they were going to keep Mac out of the lab. Average, but entertaining, case scenario. B+ all around. :thumbsup:

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I enjoyed the episode. There were some good character moments. I have to say that anything with Jo and Adam together in a scene is an A+ for me. They are funny and natural and play off each other perfectly. Though the same goes for Jo and Flack and Jo and Mac.... so there's a common element. I don't think the Danny and Lindsay scenes were overdone. They felt natural within a relationship and within what was happening in the episode so I was ok with them. Lindsay has actually grown on me a bit. I think that all the DL spoilers and lack of other spoilers bothers me more than Danny and Lindsay themselves.

I didn't mind Mac's speech in the end to the suspect either. I would've been pretty pissed if a friend of mine got me involved in something illegal without me knowing. Especially if it got me arrested. The guy in the episode was even worse off, it got him killed. So Mac was right; you want to do something fine but keep the others out of it.

One thing I would've liked, though, is an explanation about what exactly made Mac change his mind and come back. Yeah he missed the lab but there must have been more to it. He seemed pretty determined to stay away so I would've liked a more solid reason. Maybe along the lines of him having to take the time to do the DNA research and he was glad he had worked on that and felt he did his part but now he wanted to come back. Something a bit more detailed.

Good episode, A.

13. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I liked the episode, I gave it an A-. The only reason I did not give it an A+ was because the ending was not very intense. Other than that I was cool with it. I liked having Mac back in his office and back in charge. I thought it was cool that they showed that Lindsay and Danny are not getting the time together they used to. The banter between them was good. Jo's side story with her son was good. I enjoyed how it tied into her job with her investigating the new roommate. As always I loved Adam's scenes. He adds so much to the episodes with some humor. I did feel a void without Danny with the team. He was so disconnected in the new position. The case was good. Nothing wow, but good. So far so good with this season. Bring on some more!

14. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I agree with all of this. Saves time for my review :thumbsup:

Preachy Mac is annoying. no one is perfect. Yes, the guy caused his friend's death through his actions. But then again I find it hard to believe Michael wouldn't have noticed Josh was up to something.

As for D/L "lunch" moment. I am not aware of cop life but really, what kept her from going to lunch? People get lunch breaks when they work and it wasn't like Mac was standing behind her shoulder saying, "You better stay or I'll beat you." Wonder what kind of hours real cops have as for lunch break and such. Idk it frustrated me rather than being a cute moment.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  15. Rebel12

Rebel12 Victim

This felt a bit like a "girls ep" to me -- it seemed like the vast majority of the scenes had one of the two girls (or both) in them. Maybe it was just that Jo had the B storyline and we can no longer (apparently) see Danny without Lindsay that did it for me. Okay, so my real complaint was not enough Flack or Danny. I love those two characters, especially together. Danny in general seemed MIA from the episode -- a condition that had me concerned with the move to sergeant. We'll see how it plays out, I guess. Spoiler free, but predicting he chooses to go back to the lab -- they already hinted that he's "missing all this" about 3 minutes into this ep.

Danny is a sergeant, means he's back to beat-cop hours. 5 on 2 off 5 on 3 off, eight hour shifts. Much more regular than the CSU is portrayed as having (they answer calls at all hours, apparently). He appeared to have gotten the 'first watch' of 11p-7a, which is not ideal but better than 'third watch' (does NYPD use 'watch'?) which runs 3-11p. Maybe I was confused about what time the body was found, so he did get 3-11 which makes the scheduling issues a bit more realistic. At any rate, he'd get a one hour lunch that he calls in to dispatch. Once he's called it in (before going to meet Lindsay) he's committed to that one hour. Still, as portrayed in this episode, Danny made the time to see her but Lindsay did not have (or take) the time to see him -- makes her complaining about never seeing him seem a little like blaming the wrong party, imo. At any rate, his hours would be pretty regular unless he's taking the maximum OT every month too. 3-11 if Lindsay was actually on days would make for some serious lack of 'awake time with spouse' though. Great for childcare costs, however.

Random note/question: why does every tv cop work from the 12th Precinct? At least on this show and Blue Bloods, it's all the 12th. Which, yes, I realize is a safe number that's no longer used by NYPD but they made up the 55 for Third Watch, surely they can get more creative here too. I know for sure that 11, 22, 33, 44, 66, 77, 88, and 99 are not used (NYPD does not use repetitive call numbers) and I think there are others, too. Maybe the prop dept only has lapel pins in '12'? Flack worked that precinct in his flashback, so did Danny (last season) and now Danny is there again. Also, the precinct Flack is seen to work out of is the twelfth. For the really inane trivia seekers the 12th once covered the area around Little Italy, now into Chinatown -- I think the old precinct house is on Mulberry? Definitely the Little Italy neighborhood though. So Danny has apparently been assigned a Manhattan precinct (even if it is a fictional one).