"Tell Tale Hearts" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Great episode again. Ted Danson really just fits right in with the cast. I'm hoping he's going to be around longer than a season.

2. *NickStone*

*NickStone* Hit and Run

Great episode, the past two episodes in fact, have really got a vibe of the show returning to its roots as the ptb suggested.

DB is great, so much better than Langston, if only they had replaced Grissom with this guy to begin with. He actually sort of strikes me as a version of Gris who has much better social skills. lol

Sara looked amazing in this episode I thought.:drool: :adore: And I really liked her scenes with Greg, Brody and DB.

The case was very good, it was the kind of really great storytelling and general style that we used to get in the early seasons of the show. As I already said if the ptb promised to have the show get back to its roots, the first two episodes of Season 12 show that they're already starting to deliver.

Looking forward to more of this show. I really hope that they keep up this level of excelllence for the rest of the Season.

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Okay, so reading some posts on here maybe realize something. The last scene with Catherine was just really, really sad. :(

It was like she didn't have a friend in the world. :( Almost like that scene with Sara and everyone was riding the go-karts.

Like maybe part of her is regretting working for CSI. Seeing DB balance career and family and she couldn't seem to do that. Of course, she didn't have a supportive spouse.

Probably thinking of all the lost time with Lindsey.

Just sad, and I don't want Marg to leave.

4. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I really, really enjoyed the episode from beginning to end...which hasn't happened in a season or two. D.B. grew on me a tad, but it will still take me a while to really like him. I do enjoy him making the team look outside of the box and do things differently. The multiple mentions of his family actually intrigues me. The norms very rarely, if ever talk about their families. So, having someone who focuses on their family just as much, if not more than their job is very interesting.

Big fan of Brody. Seems to be gelling very well. I hope they dig into her tension with her father.

Cath's scene at the end...so sad. It just solidifies the fact that she's leaving and the arc has begun. I don't think I'm ready!

5. SpasmThatCat

SpasmThatCat Police Officer

Overall I enjoyed it, but something is niggling at me. Lesley (I think it was, the female suspect?) says that she killed the mother by stabbing her 24 times with a knife, DB even pulled her up on it to Catherine. But then at the end, the cut scene shows her pulling the towel rail off the wall and stabbing the mum with that. I think I'm confused. Was she deliberately giving duff information after her confession? Because I'm not sure that was ever made clear.

Oh, and the new ballistics tech got my back up straight away! Thought she was way too cocky.

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Now that you mentioned that, I wonder about that too. They never did clear that up.

7. Gloriana

Gloriana Dead on Arrival

I cocked an eyebrow at that too, but then I just sort of assumed it was supposed to be a given that she was purposely mangling details to cast reasonable doubt and suspicion on the whole thing since her interrogation would be put on record, eventually presented in a court, etc.

8. MissJanet

MissJanet Victim

I'm suprised how much I liked this one and the season premiere and against my expectations TD is simply great.
    LF is a fine movie actor, but for the TV format TD is a far better fit. Good ensemble feel, everyone had a scene. The overall atmosphere is much lighter, less broody and dark.

I already like this season alot more than last.

9. byline

byline CSI Level One

I was wondering the same thing, too. In the flashback, did she not initially stab the mother with a knife, then pull the towel rack off the wall and start beating her with that? I'll have to review that part.

I'm still not quite sold on the new season. I can't put my finger on why, exactly. I like the idea of where they're going, but am not completely sold on the execution of it so far. But maybe it's just the newness of the shifting dynamics, and that will smooth out over time.

10. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I'm now trying to imagine LF playing a DB like character instead of Ray Langston...might have worked better!

As for the female suspect, I think she deliberately said knife rather than towel rail so as to give her reasonable doubt with a prosecutor. I mean, the whole intent was that none of them would end up on trial, or if any of them did, then the 'fake' confessions would muddy the waters enough that nobody would be found guilty.

11. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

As I recall she first stabbed the mother, but then the mother tried to escape. Then she either dropped the knife or wasn't thinking clearly since the mother makes it to the bathroom, knocks down the towel rack, then she uses that to finish her off. I saw it about two hours ago so my recollection might be a little foggy.

And for Catherine and Brass' scene with Jon, I don't think their actions were that out of character. Mean, definitely, but considering both had daughters and at that point they thought that he had shot the girl along with peeping on her it didn't irk me that much.

Anyway, it was a great episode. Loved to see more of Morgan and the interactions with her father and the other CSI's. DB was great too (especially figuring out whodunnit by using Cock Robin, and I find the references to his wife quite sweet), and I'm glad that everyone managed to get a good amount of screentime.

But, I'm not liking the new ballistics tech so far. She seems a little too cocky, and I miss Bobby :(

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Just did another viewing. He was fingerprinting, so it was probably some fingerprint powder.

13. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

I LOVED this episode!!! I was loving the first one, but I think this one takes the cake so far.

Morgan basically driving down a hill was hysterical. And then Sara's comment about her driving because she knows the way :D

I heard the red head talk before I saw her and I was like I know that voice! It was Carrie from 8 Simple Rules!!!

The bickering between Hodges and Nick was cute and like old times.

I can't wait to watch it again :)

14. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Well, in my honest opinion, I thought the episode was pretty much flawless.

I thought I was watching an episode from Season 4, it really captured everyone working together, in particularly the scene where the team discover the connection of the three suspects, when was the last time we had at least 5/6 members of the team in one shot, all with their minds set on the case?

The actual case was excellent I thought, whereas last week's cases were pretty mediocre although it provided some excellent character studies. It reminded me of some classic episodes such as Gum Drops and particularly Blood Drops.

We get to see more of Morgan and I have to say, so far I really like her. I loved her interactions with the rest of the characters and I found her frustration with the SatNav hilarious. (I've always found them to be a nuisance.) Good to see that her and Ecklie still appear to be a little awkward around each other. The shot of her peering in the window where Greg is processing looked very deliberate, and I'd say that from both what Harnois and TPTB have been hinting and last week, I reckon it's pretty obvious they'll end up together in the near future, which I have no real objections against. (Oh, apart from the rumoured love triangle thing which I couldn't care less for.)

I still really like DB, he has the quirkiness and charm which Langston never had. I like his attitude at trying to get the team back together again. On my first viewing I admit I got a little tired of the constant references to his family, but it's not until the end you realise how crucial those references are with regards to Catherine's possible exit arc as well as previous episodes where she's shown to be struggling to balance her work and family.

Catherine and Brass' treatment of the stalker seemed a little OTT, but then again, we saw a similar treatment towards paedophiles in Burn Out and 418/427 so I'd let them off for that a bit.

I noticed the episode was a little light on Nick and Sara this week. Saying that, Nick had lots of time last week and Sara's supposedly getting a lot in the next episode so I'll let them off for that. The screentime balance was pretty spot on otherwise. (I like how Ecklie's become more involved as well!)

I can't help but think the writer's are trying to turn the show around from what it turned into during the Langston-era. It seems they're trying their best to please us fans, I noticed that the CSIs are letting the cops do their job, references to previous stories and characters (Ellie) and even Nick saying to Hodges that he shouldn't be out in the field. (All of which we've complained about at some point. :lol: ) Let's not forget the very obvious '127 Days without Lost time' sign which takes us back to the Season 11 Finale, it suggests that the writers are trying to amend the hole they dug themselves into with that.

Loved the scene between Hodges and Nick, good to see that Hodges still has the ability to wind people up. I laughed a lot at Hodges' remark of Nick being unable to supervise Grave. :lol:

Best line in the episode: "Are you sure those shrooms aren't medicinal?" :guffaw:

Anyway, a really fantastic episode in my opinion. I really enjoyed last week's but this one really topped it! Season 12 has got off to an amazing start and I am so looking forward to next week! I think I'd give this episode an A+ and I'd easily say it was in my top 10 episodes of all time. Heck, I would consider it being a Top 5! :)

15. *NickStone*

*NickStone* Hit and Run

Yeah, I think that's one good sign so far this season, they seem to be remembering its an ensemble show, in Season 9 they seemed to go "Langston/Fishburne-Happy" he hogged so much of the screen time, even more than was necessary for introducing a new character.

This time, they already seem to have managed to give the new guy so development and exploration without neglecting the veterans. Which is great for the long-time fans. I hope they keep it up. :cool: