"Tell Tale Hearts" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Sep 25, 2011.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah, what she said.

I miss Henry :( But the new ballistics gal is fun.

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

The way I see it, Brass and Catherine both having daughters connected them to the case emotionally. He was a creep. In all honesty, it reminded me of "One Hit Wonder."

This was only episode two, and so far only two mentions of the wife. I don't think it's too much (yet). :confused:

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Three tonight, actually. ;) If it keeps up we could turn it into a drinking game. :lol:

4. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Wow, I'm loving CSI so far this season, give this one an A-

I think we had more Greg this week, man I wish he didn't carry a gun, I like it when he didn't, I liked his jacket :thumbsup:

Catherine's exit arc has officially started, happy one the continuity part not on the it's on it's way part :(

Can't say I blame Morgan for driving down the bank, technology is great but it's a pain when you can't get it to do what you want it to do

And Morgan seems to be fitting in WOO HOO!! :thumbsup:

Wasn't expecting an Ellie mention but YAY! :):) Lindsey too, she wasn't mentioned at all last season

Yep the end was just like Early Rollout

Not sure I like how they were approaching the pedophile, felt like they were just pushing him into a coarsed confession

Moonbeam :lol:

Not sure about Cock Robin either, felt too Grissom like

Poor Hodges

I too noticed the '127 days' sign :)

I think I like the new lab rat girl :)

So it may be Sara getting grounded from working the case

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  5. MacsGirlMel

One more comment: Going on three years since he left and I still can't get used to someone else in Grissom's office! Maybe it's because at least Nick and Sara were part of the family...it's hard seeing the new guy in it lol

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, I really like the episode.

I do like Morgan and I think she is totally fitting in. It's just a different feel as when Riley started. I think she has great chemistry with everyone.

Her and Greg should work great together.

I know everyone was worried that DB will know everything and with good reason, however the female suspect (wth is her name:rolleyes:) figured out the point of entry before them and he said 'don't tell anyone'. So he didn't figure out everything. At least that's something. :lol:

Brass has same great lines tonight and the mention of Ellie, however I am still having a really really hard time watching him like before. :( Damn you, PTB. :scream::scream:

Loved Nick , he was looking fine :drool:, as usual. Loved his scene with him and Hodges. :lol:

Ummm, Nick, you brought up Hodges not using gloves when gathering evidence, I think you forgot that when you grabbed those boots out of the truck. ;)

Still liking DB and how everyone gives the :wtf: look when he does something out of the norm, like having a 'family meeting' at the crime scene. :lol:

Lots of one liners. :D

Yup, feeling a lot like the old CSI.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Henry is the trace tech, so he's still there. I think you're thinking of Bobby and I miss him too. Too many recurring characters... sometimes its hard to keep the names straight. I used to get Wendy and Mandy's names mixed up until they made Wendy more regular than recurring. And I still miss Wendy. I wonder if we'll see Mandy this season. I hope so and Archie and Henry too.

8. MacsGirlMel

Yeah, Bobby must be it. The guy who moved to days.

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Bobby Dawson worked ballistics for the first ten seasons. Henry works toxicology and will be getting a promotion this season, per Carol Mendelsohn.

10. Gloriana

Gloriana Dead on Arrival

I can't actually believe how much I'm enjoying this season so far, I admit I was so incredibly skeptical but I thought this episode was the best in a long time.

I liked that it didn't have a gratuitous 'shock element' like the Octo-love in the last episode. Just a straight-up case, and even though it was a similar crime to past crimes, they mixed it up really well and I couldn't predict what the ending would be. I think the casting they did was really good too, the woman they cast as the jilted lover was truly believable to me. I also liked how they handled the would-be pedophile too, they made him unsettling without making the scenario too dark or lurid (We got enough of that in 'Burn Out" I think). I appreciated that a lot.

I'm really liking the chemistry too. I totally cocked an eyebrow when they announced Ted Danson would be coming in, but I think he's brilliant so far. I really like his laid back attitude and to me he really inhabits that role, I believe he's been working crime scenes for many years without any exposition on his past experiences. I think he gels well with the others too.

I was also skeptical about the addition of Morgan Brody, I wasn't much impressed with her appearance last season or in the first episode this season. I wasn't buying her as Ecklie's kid. I really enjoyed her in this episode though! When she's in the driveway while Ecklie is answering questions, something about her reaction really clicked for me and I suddenly felt completely on board with the idea she's Ecklie's daughter. The two actors pulled off that familial connection really well I think, I could believe they know things about each other that we don't know about (yet).

I feel it's definite the Brody character is intended to eventually become Greg's other half, for me there's just no question about it. I'm a Greg groupie, I admit I was like "Grrrr" about that and I actually really WANTED to dislike her, but dang it, I don't!

She's so much warmer and likable than the Riley Adams character, she seems to have a little bit of attitude but it's not angry and over-the-top like I personally felt the Riley character was, you know? She just seems spunky and assertive, so in spite of myself I'm really liking her so far, haha. The interactions with Greg felt organic and real to me too, especially the "Good call, Hollywood" crack and the "Brown nose" remark. I remember Greg's interactions with Riley and they were so awkward and forced to me, but I thought the interactions with Morgan came off with way more chemistry.

I agree this episode felt more like old CSI, it was really gratifying. I felt that weird pang of "Awwe man" when they showed D.B. in Grissom's old office too, but it also felt nice to see it again in its original layout. It still hurts, but not as much as before, lol. ;) I was also bummed to think Bobby Dawson has gone, I wasn't expecting that. I haven't made up my mind about the new ballistics girl yet, I need to mourn Bobby first if he's not coming back. Now I'm hoping we will see Henry, Mandy, and Archie soon, I hope they're still on board!

Overall, I think the past few seasons had so much darkness and negativity running through them. This season has a much lighter touch to it, and I'm really liking that so much. I think they've been using warmer color tones as well, which works well for me too. I'd like to think they're really aiming to get back to the roots of the show a lot more, and I like how they've been including those personal interactions without it being a jolting distraction from the case plot. I really am looking forward to what comes next now!

11. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Very enjoyable episode. :)

First half of the episode reminded me of so many others - Blood Drops, Unusual Suspect, Early Rollout; then Night at the Movies later on.

Nick and Hodges :lol:

I wondered what the 127 days was referring to (I didn't really try that hard to figure it out though :)).

I like Morgan. She's funny and smart, and seems to be fitting in so far. Still a bit of tension with Ecklie, but he did hire her, so there's definitely hope for them.

Was wondering where Mandy was when they were doing the fingerprints, since we saw a couple other lab techs.

Good to see a mention of Ellie. Wonder if we'll ever see her again and find out how she's doing now (she seemed to be a bit better in Way to Go).

12. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

If this is the episode based on Larry Mitchell's idea, keep 'em coming. I also liked how much info we've been given on the new ballistics tech in just a couple of lines. She's a retired Marine, who loves guns but isn't a Calleigh Duquesne-clone.

13. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

It was OK. Not one I'll stop whatever I'm doing to watch in reruns. I only really remember 3 scenes all that well.

Nick's face watching Morgan show up at the crime scene the first time. I swear he thought she was going to run him over. I guess nobody told her what Catherine told Langston about always having a map handy. :lol:

I loved the Nick & Hodges scene. :D It was nice to see that 'friendship' back to the way it used to be. They were becoming too buddy-buddy for me. Hodges was ment to get on the nerves of his co-workers. ;)

And Catherine & Brass. After Catherine's little rant last week about doing things 'by the book' what was legal about that interview with the first suspect. If he hadn't killed himself both the LVPD and the crime lab could be sued for violation of his basic rights. (that's why Ecklie turned the temp back up & put the blind back down!)

Susan

14. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I liked this episode. It first reminded me of "Blood Drops". And as it went on I found myself really invested with the case. I love when that happens. :)

Character interactions were great. DB is really growing on me. His eccentricities make him unique and he doesn't have that feeling that he's infallible. I like that.

Morgan seems to be fitting in well also. His interaction with Nick, Sara and Greg is great. And I loved her GPS issues. :lol:

Loved the banter between Nick and Hodges! :guffaw:

I'm intrigued by the new ballistics tech. Did she imply that she was a former marine? That's interesting. I think I'd like to see more of her.

Overall, great episode! I'm really getting into this season. I just wish they would change that damn timeslot!! :lol:

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Another A episode for me. I really like Morgan. It was so funny to see her fighting with the GPS and then driving down to the house :lol:. Her interactions with Nick, Greg, and Sara were really enjoyable. Now I want to see her with Cath.

I definitely agree with this. I never warmed up to Riley. You just described perfectly the difference between the characters; spunky and assertive vs angry attitude.

I have to give a special mention to the "family meeting" :lol:. Their reactions and hand raising were hilarious :lol:.

Grissom's old office and Catherine coming in was so reminiscent of past times. It was a nice scene and definitely a nod towards Catherine's departure :(.

The case was good, the twists were good, DB is still great. More please :).