"73 Seconds" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Sep 15, 2011.

1. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Wow that's a really good point. I wish I thought of that!

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Ray and Nick going rogue -- chasing him throughout the Santa Monica pier without any backup, especially -- WOULD have gotten him killed. Both of them. That is in no way the right thing.

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Agreed. Thanks for pointing that out. :) I thought that was the whole point of the Ray thing...that they weren't going to let it end like Warrick's story. Which as some have pointed out might be why Brass did what he did as well. Maybe it was two extremes...Warrick and Ray...and now they need to get back in the middle.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yes, things at the pier should have been handled differently, no question. It was misguided to say the least. However, I was referring to what I think Nick's thought process might have been. And considering that Nick might still be dealing internally with losing his best friend, his thought process (in a situation like that) is not necessarily going to be completely rational.

My point was, if he'd said what I suggested, it would be a starting point to open up dialogue about his feelings regarding what happened to Warrick. I still firmly believe he needs to talk to someone about it. Every mistake he's made regarding Ray probably has a lot to do with him not properly (IMO) dealing with feelings regarding what happened to his best friend. If he said that to Cath, maybe she would better understand the choices (however misguided they might have been) Nick made in LA and therefore, maybe it would allow any bitterness or anger she felt toward him to dissipate. I could see her replying with a sigh and saying, "Nicky, I told you that you should go talk to someone about what happened to Warrick. Now it's affecting your job, which you just openly admitted. Please Nicky, go talk to someone before you get YOURSELF killed. You know that isn't what Warrick would want".

I agree. They need to find a middle between leading with their heads and leading with their hearts, or whatever it was Cath said.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  5. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

My memory of the Pier action: :lol:
    Nick did shoot at Haskell when they first saw him on the carousel, without Nick knowing whether Haskell was armed or not. That's what shocked me the most. Nick drew his gun again later when he saw Haskell the 2nd time, and that's when the LAPD officer arrested him. Haskell did fire at and hit, an LAPD officer on the pier who was standing behind Ray (he was wearing a vest thankfully). Ray never fired his gun although he was waving it around.

Hope that helps. Anybody can correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a few weeks since I watched it.

6. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

Well, well. Just because I've made a little mistake about a certain CSI, who happens to be one of my favorite CSIs, won't mean that I will allow myself to be talked down to especially AFTER most of a post is a rant about how a certain CSI is being treated as compared to the other CSIs. I get that alot of those CSIs are to blame for the whole Ray/Haskell mess. I won't let defenses influenced by being "a fan" have stuff thrown at me. That is not my problem so don't think about trying to make it mine! I'll ignore any defenses, or responses regarding this matter. Not my problem. I'll be the big person when it comes to that, so don't.

Anyways, I do have a problem with how Brass handled how Ray dealt with Haskell. This is the same guy who was ripping on Catherine about how she handled Haskell on Shock Waves. Catherine does have a right to vent about why she was demoted. And if her venting about it loudly in front of the lab was unprofessional, it couldn't compare as to how the team handled Ray's situation in L.A. The majority of the team did messed up with that. I expected more team effort, even with Catherine, throughout this whole mess. But, I actually think this is a good storyline, making it something interesting for the show. If only they have Ecklie more involved with it and not let him be more tolerant with it. It goes to show the trial the team had to go through when a CSI, especially a respected Doc, is great friends with the team and had to deal with a very unstable and very evil criminal until he kills that criminal who brutally attacked someone he loves dearly. They could've gone by the book but I actually think this is interesting to be written in the show. Hopefully, some good storylines will come out of all of this as the season progresses.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thank you, ladybronco. :)

CRM, you brought up Brass' line about Sea World and I had completely forgotten that line. It was funny. I think I blocked most of the octopus stuff out cause the idea of what was being done with the octopus kind of creeps me out a bit lol. Thank you for reminding me of that line. Brass and his funny one liners are still growing strong. :)

8. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

You're welcome, hehe. I will always expect something that'll make me choke on my food or drink whenever Brass has a line. Lol.

9. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

I'm not really getting why you are upset since nobody said anything about your post, but I'm sorry you are feeling this way.

10. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I thought the case was pretty dull, but the character stuff was great. I wasn't sure what Ted Danson's character was going to be like, or how he was going to fit onto the show, but I was pleasantly surprised. The DB/Nick and Catherine/Nick stuff was great. This could be a really great season.

11. Biomeka

Biomeka Hit and Run

OK weird question but I remember at one point they argue about how you pronounce Brime as in Brime County which one is the right pronounciation (kind of weird but I want to know)

12. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

They pronounce it Brime, with a long I. D.B. mistakenly pronounced it Brim, with a short I, before Catherine corrected him. Then Sara was just messing with him :lol:

13. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

See, I thought they were saying Prime and Prim....maybe I need my hearing checked

14. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't really care for D.B.? I felt like his character was forced, he is not only hypocritical, but annoying and cocky. The case didn't hold my attention because I was became hung up on the random Ray comments and the overall gloom I felt from watching the episode. It was almost like I was watching "1000 Ways to Die" with a forensics twist. Typically the characters and storyline keep me intrigued, but that didn't happen. D.B. irritates me and I doubt I'll change my mind over the course of the season. I feel like a downgraded version of Grissom and I can't stand Grissom!

Not a fan of the changes coming. Yes, they're better than the Ray days, but it's still not in the direction I would like to see the show go. But hey, if the majority is thrilled with D.B. than I guess, I'll just have to deal.

15. heyheykaytayy

heyheykaytayy Victim

Yes! I agree with you. I felt like I was the only person that thought DB was a little bit off. I'm not a fan yet, but I look forward to seeing how his character develops. I actually texted my friend during the episode to tell her the deer part seemed like an episode of 1000 Ways To Die as well! I am a big fan of Grissom though, and DB doesn't remind me too much of him. I think some of the taste DB left in my mouth might be from the way he was introduced in the episode. The first time I watched it I missed that he had been working with the team for a few weeks, so I thought he just waltzed in and started bossing people around.