Laurence/Raymond: Man of Mystery

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 28, 2008.

1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I was going to listen to the interview but since I've been informed "my mind's made up" and I get "confused by facts" I won't waste my time. ;) :rolleyes:

2. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Facts are sometimes confusing, but they're still facts, and that interview shows Fishburne is pissed at CSI PTB for... (**figures out how to phrase this in a PC way**) Kicking his ass off the show

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

This article is in reference to the same interview.

Now granted, this isn't a direct quote from him, but if several sources are getting the same interpretation from what he said then there must be a little bit of truth in it.

The idea that he would leave CSI because of the dialogue not being right is a silly reason to give....even sillier if it's true. And dissing the "dialogue department" is a diss to the writers and researchers as well.

I know things can be taken out of context, but sometimes it's better to say nothing at all.

4. PerfectAnomaly

It all just sounds like a big superiority complex to me. :wtf:

5. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

Say WHAT??!! All that means is that they all believe the same thing. Doesn't mean it's right. LF didn't diss anyone--he made a freaking JOKE and people laughed. If you don't want to listen to the interview, that's not my problem. It's not my fault you're afraid of being proven wrong. Declaring the written word must have some truth to it just because so many people have the same interpretation is ludicrous. Many people believe that Elvis is still alive and that aliens walk among us; does that mean there must be some truth to it, because so many people believe it?

"Those who would try to monopolize the 'truth' as their own, tend to be the ones with the least secure grasp on it." -- Geoff Baker

6. PerfectAnomaly

People laughing at something doesn't automatically mean it's not a diss. All Fishburne had to do was say he left to go back to movies, but he chose to make "jokes" about the accuracy of the show and the dialogue. That's a lack of class in my book. YMMV, of course.

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Not to mention that 'jokes' can be made so it doesn't SEEM they're dissing something. :rolleyes:

8. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

"Just remember to treat those who think differently than you with the proper respect." - Geoff Baker

Robinjn, articles, and in particular showbiz articles, rarely attempt to wander into the realms of fact and I'm sure, despite your condescension, that members on this board are well aware of that. We're all going to interpret the interview differently, even the recorded interview doesn't sway my opinion as I've always felt that Fisburne considered CSI beneath him. Yes the "stupid" comment reffered to movies and I assume this rather tactless response was done in order to garner more publicity. I guess Fishburne prefers cliche over stupid.

Not gonna even touch the Elvis or Aliens comment.

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I heard the interview, still comes off as dissing the show IMO. Not so much having fun but making fun.

10. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

He wasn't asked about why he left CSI. He was asked about the medical jargon he had to use in Contagion. The person who asked the question prefaced it by mentioning he had a wife who was a real CSI and he said she said the way they do things on CSI drives her right up the wall. To which LF replied, "I understand. That's why I left." OK, maybe it was a flip response. But I didn't see it as dissing CSI. But then I don't hate him like most everyone else here does.

Sinclair, publicity for whom? Himself? He was already at a press conference for Contagion, which by its very nature is publicity. Publicity for CSI? If he really had an axe to grind with CBS, wouldn't he not mention them at all, not even in a joking matter? And if everyone on this board knows that showbiz articles are basically sensationalized crap, what compels otherwise intelligent people to believe said crap? That's a rhetorical question by the way--I already know the answer.

11. PerfectAnomaly

I hated the character of Ray. I have no opinion of what type of person LF is overall because I've never met the man. I don't think what he said about the show was in good taste, joke or not. That hardly translates into my thinking he's the Spawn of Satan. :rolleyes: :wtf:

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

People listened and they still think he was flippant.

But insinuating that we're all stupid and believe everything is written is out of line.

We all know how articles are written. However, he was quoted correctly here, now wasn't he?

We all know writers 'leave out' stuff, but you provided what was actually said, so that's a moot point here.

Most people on here hated Langston, not Fishburne. I think he is a great actor, but if he is going to start dissing CSI, then I'll lose respect for him and I and others will start not liking him.

Just like Charlie Sheen and him bashing his show. I can't begin to tell you how much he irritates me now. :rolleyes:

Fans don't like people dissing their shows no matter who it is.

13. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

It's been my observation that people have trouble separating LF and RL. OK, so you admit to hating RL but say you don't hate LF. So why do you choose to believe that LF left CSI in a negative way, i.e. fired? Or that he would do something negative like diss the show? People aren't just glad that Ray Langston is gone, they seem to want bad things for LF, or they want to believe that he was a colossal S.O.B. while he was on the show. Please tell me why that is.

14. PerfectAnomaly

I can only speak for myself. I had no problem with the "He left the show to do other things" explanation. But when he comes out and does what I think is something lacking in class, like make jokes that IMO diss the show, it makes me wonder if there was more to it. I never said he was fired, but leaving on your own doesn't automatically mean he left on good terms. I have no idea what happened, but his comments do make me wonder.

ETA: I personally have only seen one person who has had trouble separating LF and RL and that person is no longer around so I don't really get from where that comment comes.

15. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

Not that I want to get into an old can of worms, but it's along the same lines as people begrudging Ray his happy ending. Yes, he was responsible for the whole mess, and it seemed people would have been a lot happier had Ray gone to prison. I contended that the rest of the team would've had to deal with the fallout either way, so what difference does it make? Pretty much the same people who feel strongly about Ray's happy ending are the same ones who dredge up the negativity about LF and won't let go.

LF is gone from CSI. The haters should be happy about that fact but they don't seem to be happy unless they're gleefully ragging on him in some way--like anything reported that's remotely negative about LF somehow validates their hatred for RL.