Paul/Brass: I Got a Coupon #2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by brassfan24, May 4, 2006.

1. narbarkod

narbarkod Victim

[spam]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2011
  2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Re: Paul/Brass #2

I always liked this cap of Brass with Grissom, a cartoon caricature of sorts:bolian:

BADA.. BING

3. Desertwind

A cap of Brass from "Internal Combustion";)

BRASS

4. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

There's a film with Paul in it omg

5. Desertwind

OK, and that film is?

ENDING HAPPY

6. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

It was Ransom with Mel Gibson and Gary Sinise

7. Desertwind

Thank's, yeah is was great in that, also in "The Negotiator" he was good w/ Kevin Spacey and Samuel L. Jackson:bolian:

8. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

He was in Air Force One too. I re-watched it recently, not knowing he was in it, so I squealed when I saw him. Being so late to CSI, it's funny watching stuff and recognizing so many faces now (SO many guest stars on CSI are in other things I watch too).

9. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

Paul has done so many movies (mostly small roles) that at any given time there was something on my cable channels with him in it.

I love his part in "The Negotiator" but don't like what happens to him. I always stop watching at that point.

10. Desertwind

One of Paul/Brass with Marg & Laurence:bolian:

MASCARA

11. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

Wow -- Brass seems to still be getting a lot of flack for backing Ray last season. And I guess his defense of him in the premiere isn't sitting well with a lot of people either. I have read a lot of criticism about what Brass did - but I think he did the right thing by protecting Ray and I stand behind his actions (yes I know I'm in the extreme minority there -- maybe I even stand alone on that point).

I don't know why everyone's so up in arms about what he did -- he covered for Ray who killed a vicious serial killer -- the world's a much safer place without Haskell. I'm not mourning his loss.

I often wonder if everyone would have been so critical of Brass if he did it for Catherine or Nick or Sara or Greg (I mean put them in Ray's shoes -- yes I know a lot of people will probably say -- well they would never do what Ray did -- but given the circumstances who knows?) -- or is everyone just upset because it's Ray he protected? I mean, Jim acted on gut instinct -- I don't believe he thought about swiping the cuffs -- he just did it. He saw Gloria in that room and what Haskell had done to her (not to mention countless other innocent people) and his gut instinct was to protect Ray for having killed that monster. I, for one, am glad he did it. Cold sounding? Maybe. But it's how I feel.

But then again -- I'm in love with Walter White on Breaking Bad and he's a meth cook -- so what do I know :p

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  12. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

While I personally don't agree with what he done, I do see you point. And I also think that he would have done the same had it been any other member of the team. Would everyone be so critical had it been anyone other then Ray?? It's possible that they wouldn't, but we don't know.

This I would question though. He seen the cuffs, and the marks on Haskells wrists, then ordered the officer behind him to go check the back. Once the officer left, that was when he pocketed the cuffs. Whether or not he acted upon his first instinct....that I don't know....But I do think there was enough time to make a decision.

While this is true, and I too am not mourning the loss of Haskell, Brass did tamper with evidence at a crime scene...and Ray took it upon himself to take the law into his own hands instead of letting the judicial system prosecute him.

But that is just my thoughts

13. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I can only speak for myself, but I think that if it had been any other member of the team, I definitely would have been just as disappointed in Brass's actions - as well as being more disappointed in the other person as well. What Brass did - tampering with evidence and covering a murder - is wrong regardless of who committed the crime. The hard part, for me at least, is that it was Brass, who was always portrayed as being incorruptible. I liked his image of the clean cop despite the offers (McKeen). If anything, it being "for Ray" means less disappointment, since it's easier to just write Ray off (not satisfied he gets a 'happily ever after,' but happy enough to just let him go and forget about it). If it had been another character that I'm more invested in, with more history on the show, then it would be a double disappointment.

I don't know if DB will have any influence over Brass, but it would be nice if he was part of the whole "getting back on track" thing going on now, and got back to being just gruff and sarcastic, not actually vindictive and law-breaking.

14. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

Yes, he told the officer to go check the back when he found Haskell on the stairs and seen the marks. But that's when he went upstairs, by himself, and found Ray and Gloria -- that's when he pocketed the cuffs. And I think I misspoke about gut instinct -- when I should have said first instinct or first initial reaction.

I thought about that too -- and then I couldn't help but think that Haskell escaped from custody once -- who's to say that he wouldn't do it again. I wouldn't want to take the chance of Haskell escaping again.

You know, in truth, what Brass did, didn't really shock me all that much because I started noticing changes in his character around the middle of season 10. He's not the same sarcastic, witty Captain that I've come to love. He's got a harder edge now and so I guess that's why I wasn't all that shocked by what he did with the cuffs.

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

That's what I was thinking...if it was any of the other characters (Nick, Sara, Greg, or Cath), I would have been more upset at that character than Brass. Would I want Brass to cover for them tho? I don't know. He was pretty upset when he thought Warrick had gone bad. I guess I hadn't noticed a turn in his character to lead up to this. Maybe that's why I had such a strong reaction to it.