"73 Seconds" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

:lol: Yeah, right. It's Nick's fault. I mean, Greg and Hodges helped him too. At least Nick made his own decision about going after Haskell with Ray. He didn't let Ray walk all over him in the lab like they did. And Catherine took Ray to L.A. I think we need to stop beating that poor dead horse. Ray's gone. D.B. is here and hopefully there won't be any more mention or fallout from here on.

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Sharp did say "most of the others played a small part in it too." That hardly equates to "It's Nick's fault." :wtf: It amuses me how it's OK to blame everyone else for their part in the Haskell debaucle, but Nick seems to be off limits. :rolleyes:

3. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

That's what I did too - made it much more enjoyable. :) I know it needed closure, but I really hope the Ray stuff is dropped soon and they just move on. I want to like Brass again, and if he keeps going on like that, I won't. :(

"It won't happen again"
    "Yeah, it probably will" :lol:

It did feel like blowing off some frustration, and hopefully she gets it out of her system quickly. She's known Nick the longest, so it probably feels "safe" for her to blow up at him - maybe that was three weeks worth of frustration stored up while he was away. :)

I did like D.B.'s defusing of it at the end. Things don't feel quite settled yet, but hopefully he can bring them together as a team soon (and stop talking like he's going to fire Nick! :eek:).

4. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

LOVED this premiere!!! Sooo many things I liked about it it's ridiculous. Where do I begin lol.

I really, really like D.B. A huge breath of fresh air compared to Langston. I can't remember how many times my dad and I got into laughing fits over him.

How would Hodges know about the octopus?! I mean I know he moved out of mamma's house but really? ;)

Where did the ants come from on the tram?

That argument at the end was overdue. Definitely necessary. Whoever said the truth had to get out there was right. And being that the whole team was involved last season, Sara and Greg had rights to listen to that conversation. When D.B sent that text I was peeing my pants :D Hysterical! If his character was different, he could've gotten really offended and stormed off or called them out, but he invited the team to eat!

Very excited to see what this season has to offer :)

**the boy had an ant farm? I totally missed that..

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  5. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Exaclty on all of that!!! ;)

6. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Yea that part of the episode had me laughing to myself. Who tracked down Langston without telling anyone ?

Tho I do feel terrible for Cath..and Nick. Being demoted and kicked out of your office must suck. BUT they did deserve consequences for their actions. Thooo did Brass get penalized for assisting Langston ?

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yes, but you signaled out Nick and it's always Nick and Smokey was commenting on that. Especially when Catherine NEVER SAID to Nick to 'sit on his ass'. Nick did NOT disobey Catherine's instructions. I watched that episode again, I suggest you do that too. ;)

And we have always said that Nick did wrong, it's a couple of people on here that keep putting the blame, all the blame, or most of the blame on Nick.

You don't like him, that's fine, but at least get the facts straight. ;)

ETA: And not to mention that Brass made the biggest mistake of all and nothing happened to him. :shifty:

8. PerfectAnomaly

Catherine at least owned up to her mistakes. That's what I really liked about the "fight." She was blaming herself for her part in it as well as saying the team as a whole needs to be by the book. That's the adult, responsible way to view things and I like that.

ETA:
    Who said I don't like Nick? I sure as hell never said that. Just because I think he has flaws and am willing to call him out on them just like I call other characters out on their flaws doesn't mean I don't like him overall as a character. Nick is being singled out because people are so quick to defend him as doing absolutely nothing wrong when he did do some stuff that could be considered questionable. The problem with "getting the facts straight" is that people's opinions are not facts. I think Nick did some stuff wrong and needs to be called on it just like others have. That's my opinion and it's not "wrong" because it opposes yours.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

And when did I or anyone else say Nick never did anything wrong? Again, facts are not right.

I didn't say anything about opinions. You keep saying that Nick disobeyed Catherine, by not 'sitting on his ass' as you say Catherine told Nick.

However, that was never said on that episode. That's what I mean by getting the facts straight. Not about opinions.

And if you like Nick, could have surprised me, but I stand corrected.

Now, I think DB will bring the team back together, but it should take awhile. It can't be all happiness all the time. ;) I don't mind a little tension.

Everyone needs to be 'roped' back in, including Nick.

I do love how DB defused the fighting. :lol:

The looks on everyone this episode? :guffaw::guffaw:

I'm really looking forward to this season.

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Okay...okay...my post started it, I'm sorry, forget I said it, and stop arguing please.

11. PerfectAnomaly

Liking a character doesn't equal blindly accepting everything they do and say as awesomesauce. Danny was my favorite character on NY in the beginning and there were plenty of instances where I wanted to smack him upside the head for being an idiot. Flawed characters are human and more believable to me. YMMV.

OK, so Catherine may not have said the words, "sit on him," but as assistant supervisor I'd think Nick would know better than to handle the situation the way he did. That's what I'm talking about with facts vs. opinion. You're letting him off on a technicality and I don't agree with that assessment.

ETA: I didn't see Smokey's post until this posted. I'll drop it now.

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Again, I NEVER said Nick did anything wrong and NEVER said Nick was perfect or wasn't flawed. I could list all of Nick's flaws.

No one has ever said that Nick was perfect and didn't have flaws and that's what bugs me. Someone accusing that me or others do that, when that has not happened.

So let me say it again :rolleyes: Nick did wrong with the Ray and Haskell crap.

And I never let him off. Nick has done wrong many times throughout the seasons.

I'm just stating that reasons given for Nick getting in trouble was that Catherine told him to 'sit on his ass', to take him back to Vegas and all she told him was to find him, which he did.

That's the facts.

Now should Nick have cowboyed up? Nope and he was wrong for that.

I just get tired of people saying I'm doing one thing when I'm not. :rolleyes:

ETA: Crap, sorry. I'll stop arguing, Smokey!

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Heh, I never thought about that youtube video as sort of meeting one of Greg's realtives... that's true. :) I cracked up when Sara called the cousin "jerka" though lol. And he corrected her... but I don't think she was accidentally messing up his name. I think she was calling him that cause of what he was doing to that deer.

14. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Overall I liked this episode, it was nice to have a new episode. The octopus thing was pretty bizarre - the CSI shows always manage to get the most random/unusual things in them.

I'm not sure how I feel about Russell yet, it'll probably take me a few episodes to decide whether or not I like his character. I'm also sort of ambivalent so far about Morgan.

At the end I could understand where Catherine was coming from - they shouldn't be running off going rogue and trying to pull favors all the time. I get that he felt for the guy who's brother was stabbed but hey there is a 3 strikes rule that applies to everyone and just because Nick related to one guy doesn't mean that there should be some sort of special treatment - the law just isn't supposed to work that way.

15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Totally re the strange and random stuff. Has Miami worked in octopi yet? Ny had the thing with eating them live (Fare Game). Two out of three at least.

I usually take a few eps to decide about someone too. DB looks okay so far, but I know how things can happen to change opinions. Same with Morgan...IDK about her yet.

I do agree about tightening up the ship a bit...it's just like the several Mac Taylor speeches on NY about lab integrity and credibility...they have to maintain it and prevent anything from popping up that a defense attorney could latch onto. It's not like they're screwing up evidence due to sloppy work or anything,(but if people keep tampering with evidence, it'll come out, yes I'm looking at you, Brass, I still hope it haunts you later on somehow)but going rogue and being lenient could be bad as well.