"73 Seconds" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Sep 15, 2011.

1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Loved this episode. Loved D.B. Loved the tension. Loved Cath and Nick's blowing off steam scream fest. Loved the Greg family story. Loved pretty much everything. Just one big love fest for me. :adore:

I chose to ignore the Ray references so that helped a lot. :p

ETA: I think the information we got about D.B. said he has four kids. They could've changed that, though.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

OK so the argument scene was at the end. I did like the collective "ohboy" atmosphere when they realized they were being watched. But I hope they don't fight all season.

LOL at Greg, his cousins and Norwegian YouTube. And at who was it, Cath? calling his cousin "Jerkin"

Still not sure I like Brass...he might be right, but he still got tainted last season.

I do like DB with the kid. Just makes me wanna go "awwwww" lol

Cath has been hanging out with Mac Taylor, I think. He had a line about using your head and not your gut that was similar to the head and heart line. (perhaps Mac should come lead for a while LOL)

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I think Hodges says that Nick will probably never be able to run grave, but I could be wrong.

I did enjoy the Saunders bit. ;)

GNRF: the little kid had an ant farm. He dropped it and the ants started crawling all over the place.

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

To me it seemed like the first opportunity Catherine had to really get out her frustrations so I have a feeling the "fighting" was just blowing off steam and it'll be resolved relatively quickly. I could be wrong, but that's what it felt like to me instead of a big blame fest which is what everyone was fearing.

5. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Ted Danson is actually really great on CSI, I like him so far. Also, the ending was pretty funny. :lol: Seems like it's going to be a great season! :thumbsup:

6. thequeenjanice

thequeenjanice Witness

Great start to the season! I love the different vibe that DB brings and how he handled the kid. Loved how he diffused the fight at the end.

Being a huge Greg fan I loved those classic Greg moments of "aha!" at the coroner, and stammering around Morgan, so adorable.

Excited to see how the Cath and Nick tension will play out.

Way to go CSI!

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah, I hope you're right, PA. That would be nice if they didn't drag it out.

I'm also curious where Morgan and Ecklie go by season's end. I so want either

1.Brass/Ecklie talking over kid problems
    2.Brass chat with Morgan
    or
    3.A re-appearance by Ellie so she can chat with Morgan about daddy issues

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

DB is great :). The episode was really good and all the character moments were enjoyable. Catherine was really pissed and I loved it! That was a great fight to watch lol. I too think it was more about her blowing off steam than placing blame.

:lol: at Greg around Morgan.

There were some really funny moments with DB, the octopus thing was gross, Doc's line about Ray's life being saved by killing Haskell was :rolleyes::rolleyes:, loved Nick saying how Ray screwed up and they all had to pay, and it seems like the start of a great season :thumbsup:

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I think it means Brass wanted Ray to get off scott free and is ticked about him having to leave the team, however it happened. I don't like it...as someone else said...Brass seems tainted now.

:lol: Me too!!

Yep.

So I have to say I was really pleased and I like DB, as long as he gets the team in line quickly and they move on...no more tension or arguing.

I like how Nick owned up to not getting the report done and said he'd do better. :) And that he didn't back down about how he does his job. :)

10. EmmaMay

EmmaMay Hit and Run

So that was amazing.

But Morgan can't have Greg. I said so.

EDT: Btw, did this premiere not show you how disjointed the show had become? It bought some home truths for me and I think Ted may have done a little rescuing there. Plus, I like that the team is fractured. I wouldn't have been able to accept them coming back and being all rainbows and butterflies with each other. If I were Catherine, I would need someone to vent at and being as Nick was the one who went against protocol in L.A it would most likely be him i'd blow up at. Plus, I like that he's cocky. We can't have them being perfect all the time.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  11. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I can't believe that I was right about Ray leaving with Gloria! (and I only had to wait 4 months to find out I was right, lol)

Great epi!!!!

12. Rainack

Rainack Hit and Run

I also really enjoyed this episode.
    I found it interesting, and a bit disturbing that Ecklie seems to want DB to change everyone on grave. I am glad that DB said he didn't want to lose Nick.

13. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Liked it overall, give it a B+ :) I think Ted and I will get along great as long as he interacts with the rest of the team and not just Nick All. The. Time. ;)

Greg's time was alright and OMG!!!! WE MET ONE OF HIS RELATIVES!!!! Sorta, I know but I can settle with that, for now ;), his hair is darker and I think I like it better lighter

Was the Greg scene in the credits updated or not? Really the whole credits need to be updated but anyway

I know one shouldn't pick sides but I'm kinda with Catherine on this

How did Hodges know about the octowhatever?? :lol:

:wtf: Killing Haskell saved Ray's life? :wtf: Yeah whatever :rolleyes:

"Ray screws up and we pay for it" or however he said it exactly, Nick, you and most of the others played a small part in it too ;) yes Ray committed the murder not Nick I know I know, but still he should have called Cath the second you found him and honestly Nick just admit you were wrong, with that attitude I'm glad Nick's not getting the role of supervisor

Where did the ants come from? Are they just native to LV or what?

I'm glad to see they're going back to the books, will it last is the question?

And what are they going to with Brass? Will they continue with what he did or not? Knowing the writers, not!

Loved Morgan and Greg scenes, can't wait to see more of them :) hopefully Greg and DB scenes too

ETA: I like that DB has a wife and family, but I don't want to meet them until later, those scenes where he was talking with his wife were funny, not sure I want to see them in every ep, maybe every other ep

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Jumping on the DB bandwagon, I love him. He seems so real and natural.
    Enjoyed this episode a lot.

"Too many bubbles" :lol:

Nice to see Catherine blow off some steam at the end. I liked that end scene.

Greg and his Norwegian cousin...:lol: And enjoyed his run in with Morgan.
    Actually the first clip of Greg in the credits is new.

The kid supposedly had an Ant Farm with him that broke in the commotion of the shooting and stuff.

Hodges, funny that he knew about that octopus thing. :lol:

15. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I definitely enjoyed this episode. Equal, or just about, screentime for all. Liking DB....and I was definitely amused by some of the things he said or did.

Loved Catherine in the end. I think Marg executed her lines perfectly. With such emotion. And really liked how DB...as someone put it "defused" the awkward situation by offering to buy them all breakfast.

Hodges recognizing the tattoo on the girls arm?? And even knowing where DB could find a place like that? :lol: I don't even WANT to begin to know about that

So much more to comment on but I just can't think of it at the moment.

Though I realized way to late that I could have watched the episode on CTV at 830 my time...instead of having to wait until 1130 on CBS. Oh well, there's next week.