George/Nick: Texan Charm #12

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I agree. I think Ted Danson will be a much better fit than LF was. Seems like their will be more fun/humor in the show, like the old days.

2. butterflies.lan

butterflies.lan Victim

He's so CUTE. Glad he decided to say on the show. I hope he eventually becomes the supervisor.

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Nick! :adore:

Three weeks in Hawaii. That must have been real hard on him. :rolleyes:

I have to say that between the opening scene and the ending scene George has perfected the 'what have I done now' look. :lol:

Sorry he lost the office but... he didn't need it anyways. Went 8 1/2 season or so without one so who needs it. :)

I don't think he really knows what to think about DB but I've got to agree with him. It's gonna take me at least 3 or 4 episodes to know if I like him or not. :)

Maybe I'll have more later after I cap it. I'm going on 4 hours sleep at the moment. No more online after CSI! I'll never survive the season if I keep missing sleep. :lol:

----------​

Someone sent a tweet to Dustin last night telling him to tell George what a great job he did in the season premier. Dustin responded:
    :D
    Glad to see that we as his fans aren't the only ones to know how great an actor he is. :thumbsup:

Susan

4. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I saw that tweet from Dustin and thought, glad it's not just George's fans that think that.

Couple of things from last night's episode - did DB really need to reprimand Nick because his report was late? And what did DB mean by, "I would really hate to lose him?" It seemed like DB was implying Nick is not doing his job as good as the others.

I loved Catherine and Nick arguing at the end, and how everyone started coming out of their work areas to see what was going on. But, to me, it seems like she is blaming Nick for her demotion - does she think she did nothing wrong?

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I think Nick was kind of the scapegoat for this episode only to demonstrate what TPTB have in mind (both the real ones and the CSI character ones) for this season. They were setting the premise for the reason DB is there...to get this team straightened out.

Probably he's been told to get them in line or else...they might lose their jobs? And because it was Nick they happened to be observing at the time, that's why DB mentioned losing Nick.

Gotta agree that George was great. He can say a lot with just an expression. :) I think Catherine just needed someone to take it out on and he happened to be sitting there. They all played a part in what happened and I think they know it, but Nick stands by what he did and I like that.

6. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I think too that because she's known Nick the longest, Catherine probably finds it easier to open up on him. Maybe partly because she knows how easygoing he is, or just because they're good friends. So all the frustration she had, it was easiest to let it go with Nick.

I love how he can express so much with just his expressions. Hope things settle down soon though, so he can give those wonderful big smiles again too. :)

I hope he does find a new office, if only to have a place to put the fish and pig. I was glad to see those seem to have become Nick's now - great reminders of his early moments with Grissom.

7. Smokey

It was nice to see him take the office thing in stride...after an initial "you could have told me" to Catherine. Holding that pig in a jar! :guffaw:And then later he was set up in the break room. :lol:

So....did he get demoted? I don't think so, otherwise I think when Catherine yelled "I got demoted!" he would have yelled back, "Well so did I!" The thing with the office too...I don't think he would have been so surprised about it had he been demoted.

On the other hand, what probably REALLY happened is that TPTB forgot they made him Assistant Supervisor. :lol:

8. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I think if he wasn't demoted and Catherine was then she should have to move out of her office and Nick should take it. If he's still the Asst. Supervisor, but I don't think he is.

Then again, Smokey could be right and they forgot. :lol: I wouldn't put it past them considering their history with continuity. :rolleyes:

The thing that bugged me the most was DB's comment about liking Nick and he would hate to lose him. It's not that I'm mad it was there, just what the hell did that mean? :wtf:

I think Ecklie and maybe DB was planning on firing him after the LA debacle (did I spell that right? :lol:), but DB had a change of heart when he got to know Nick or Ecklie was the one thinking about it.

Ugh, wish they expanded on that more. :shifty:

I thought the fight at the end was needed. I need to watch again and tune out DB's conversation with his wife so I can hear everything that was said. :lol: Need to get some software to weed out all the background noises and voices. :lol:

I think she was blaming Nick, but then again another part of me thinks she was blowing off steam. However, I'm leaning toward her blaming him. :shifty:

I love Dustin's comment and I agree with him. :D George can say so much just with his expressions and not every actor can do that, including Oscar winners. ;)

However, in general I'm tired of all the blame Nick for everything attitude.

Well, what I do have to say is this and I think y'all agree. If we're going to be 'seeing' DB through Nick's eyes that mean we should get LOTS OF NICK!!! We had a lot of him last and I hope that continues. ;) As it should be. :lol:

So he took the fish and the pig. Ummmm. what about his spider? :shifty: Found Grissom's wonder if he ever found his. :lol: Who knows maybe he'll show up years down the line. :lol: DB working at his desk when a hairy spider strolls across it. :lol: Now that could be funny. :lol:

9. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I actually really liked all the interpersonal stuff, but the cases were totally boring. However, I think they really needed to focus on where these people are at now, and the whole "new beginnings" thing, so I get why the cases were sort of background noise.

George was excellent in this episode. (not that he isn't normally, :p )

10. Smokey

I still really think DB is there to get the whole team into shape and the comment about Nick was just because that's who DB and Ecklie were watching at the time. Ecklie made reference in that scene to the whole team trying to be everybody's friend.

I liked when DB said, "He's not playing good cop, is he?" It was bad, as in he's really getting that friendly with a suspect. But to me it meant that's really how Nick is, isn't it? :) Maybe it's not always appropriate or the best way to act in his job, but it's who he is.

Still love too how bemused Nick was when Cath started laying into him. :lol: Then he got his hackles up and starting fighting back! Still...I hope it's the end of that.

11. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I think it was too much, in regards to Nick. DB talking to him about being late with his report, DB making that comment to Ecklie, Catherine yelling at him.

I loved Nick's comeback about the door - him using it a couple of times.

I love how Nick has gotten over "ants" - he's certainly moved on frm Grave Danger, as he should.

And, I know some people don't like him being the new bugman, I don't understand why. Somebody had to, why not Nick?

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yeah come to think of it the whole episode was beat up on Nick. Geesh, Nick haters here and Nick haters on there (ok, not so much on the show :lol:).

When did everything become his fault. :rolleyes:

I think Nick being the new bugman is perfect. He isn't trying to be an entomologist like Grissom (like others on this board seem to think), just the forensic side of it.

Besides I think it's a great tribute to his mentor, even if Grissom treated him like a peon. :shifty:

I don't, there's still part of me that thinks Nick will be gone before the seasons over or after the season. Don't ask me why, I just do. We never did get confirmation that he signed for the whole season.

Okay he probably won't, but I just can't shake that feeling, especially since Nick is suppose to butt heads with DB. :shifty:

Ah hell, I'll just shut up now.

13. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I think all Nick fans feel the same why, especially after DB said, "I like Nick, I would hate to lose him". "Excuse me... what??", came out of my mouth when I heard that. All I kept thinking was, Marg is leaving, not George, why would they say that..

14. Smokey

Yeah, but that spoiler said that DB would pull him off the case or send him home or something....can't remember exactly, but during the scene I was waiting for DB to stop kidding around and tell Nick to get back to the lab and do the report right then and there. But he didn't.

15. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I believe that comment came after DB made his good cop remark?

I interpreted that as Ecklie wanting to move Nick away from 'leading with his heart' as Catherine later puts it, but DB stands in saying if they're too hard on him then Nick'll leave. I might need to watch the episode again but I saw it as DB trying to stand up for Nick as it looks like Ecklie appears to want DB to sort him out.

I can understand why people might think everyone in the episode had it a bit in for Nick in this episode, but don't forget we're seeing this episode from Nick's eyes pretty much and there have been a lot of changes. I reckon everyone else had a grilling off screen, and seeing as Nick was away, he had to have his go, only they showed that to the audience.

They could have done it with any of the characters really, it's just that they chose Nick. (Which makes sense as he was Asst. Supervisor so he can expect more changes such as moving out of his office.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.