Jorja/Sara Pic Thread #8: A Beautiful Soul

I try not to post watermarked photos on other websites (unless I've edited them in some way) because a watermark basically means, "Don't post this image on other websites unless permission was granted by the original owner." But should I credit sources on pics that I found on search engines? I don't want to cause problems in the future when I post JF pics that aren't screencaps.:)

Most pics out there aren't actually owned by any website that's put them up. Ipstenu, I'm sure you can clarify this. But as for promo pics, magazine pics, etc. that are put out there, in my opinion unless they are owned and credited to a specific photographer or magazine, I wouldn't worry about crediting a web site that you found them on.

Smokey, that's where things get REALLY weird, and why I just tell people 'If you took an image from someone else's site, just credit them.' Technically, if you scan in a photo from a magazine, you own the scan. Not the photo, but the digital representation of it. Welcome to why the law breaks your brain ;)

It's just easier to think of it this way: A credit is a PUBLIC thank you to whomever got the photo for you. If they credit someone else, you should credit the original source (like when people tweet candid photos? Credit the original tweet etc.) Right now, no one's getting legally snippy about it, but karma is a different matter. It's good to be nice.

I wish I could post some Jorja pics, but my comp is being...sickly all of sudden. Thanks for the screencaps, Inxs.:)

Back