Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Not sure if this was posted already:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/csi/
    Chat live Wednesday, 9/14 with CSI Exec Producers Carol Mendelsohn and Don McGill and get all the behind the scenes scoop and your most burning questions answered!

2. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

The time was changed from 10pm ET to 7pm ET so ... yeah, thanks. Now I have to rush home!

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I hadn't seen that, so thanks, Sookie! :) I'm sure anything that *I* want to know won't be something they will answer, but I'll give it a go! :lol:

4. EmmaMay

EmmaMay Hit and Run

Does anyone know if A : People from outside the US can take part.

or B : What time it will be in the UK when it goes live?

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Unfortunately, you are right. I haven't been watching as closely in the last 3 years, so I may have been remembering better days for them. I think they had some nice scenes in season 9(?) when Grissom first left, but then tptb seemed to drop the ball on Brass' relationships with anyone. He was closest to Warrick and Grissom, and they are gone. Maybe he and DB will hit it off. But, his character seems to be the most tainted in this whole Raskell fiasco.
    That said, flawed heroic characters are the most interesting characters to watch; so if done right, PG could have some good material to work with.

6. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

What's irritating me about the 'Ray & a happy ending' spoiler is what about Gloria? The man she fell in love with and married has been murdered, she's been kidnapped and raped, all because her ex-husband couldn't let go. (yes, I know it was Haskell's choice to target her, but if Ray had had moved on, then Gloria wouldn't have been his weak spot for Haskell to exploit)

So now we're expected to believe that *her* happy ending is getting back with Ray? Oh hell no!

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That's a very good point. I didn't really think of Gloria because she wasn't in many episodes.

8. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

Believe it or not, not all couples who end up divorcing are mortal enemies. Sometimes it's just one person wanting it, sometimes both do and it's amicable. But it isn't always acrimonious and people don't always ending up hating each other.

Gloria needs someone she trusts and cares about to help her through this ordeal, and all indications were that she still cares about Ray, i.e. the split was amicable, but obviously reluctant on Ray's part. If she didn't give a rat's ass about Ray, she wouldn't have bothered to go to Vegas to tell him in person that she was getting married again. I don't like to lay blame, but if Gloria just went about her business and didn't bother with Ray, she probably could've avoided the whole thing.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  9. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

This sounds like you're blaming the victim. Of all the people involved in this whole fiasco, Gloria and her now deceased husband are the only two I feel truly bad for.

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I personally don't care about Ray's life after CSI. As long as he's gone I am happy.

That being said, I hate how all this fractured the team, causing demotions and tension. I honestly think if LB had not left (or was pushed out), Ray would have been promoted, having gotten away with murder and he would have become the new supervisor. No doubt in my mind because that is how screwed up these writers are. So I am ecstatic that he is gone.

11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I honestly don't think it will be a happy ending for Langston. Sounds more bittersweet to me. He killed someone. He's no longer employed as a CSI. His ex-wife had an extremely traumatic experience. We're not sure how he exits CSI (in regards to it being on his terms or the lab's), but I think it's fair to say all is not butterflies and rainbows for him.

12. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Exactly. Ray will spend the rest of his life dealing with what Nate did to Gloria and Ray's "blame" for that. And he's also going to have to deal with the fact that he killed a man...justifiable or not...deranged killer or not...

Seems to me that Ray is going to be punished, just not in the conventional jail time way...

13. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

Thank you! It's not like Ray's gonna be livin' the vida loca in Hawaii or something. Gloria has a long, tough road back, and he's gotta live with himself and what he did the rest of his life. Not exactly Easy Street.

Kasey, great minds!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  14. EmmaMay

EmmaMay Hit and Run

Asked if we'd be seeing much of Eric and got this reply..

We'll be seeing a lot of Eric - working side by side with Morgan Brody our new CSI. Ep3 they get sticky in chocolate #

15. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

More from Carol:

"Brass and Robbins will fill us in on Langston's departure. Catherine and Nick will throw down the rest of the pieces..."

"Captain Brass did what he thought was right at the end of last season - like the team, he pays a price... called DB Russell"

"We've been talking to Jorja Fox about Sara and Grissom - Look for clues to where Grissom's been and where he's heading"

"Morgan will have sparks with dad Ecklie - and maybe sparks will fly with Nick and Greg before she comes tumbling to earth"

"Coming up this season we come across a new kind of blood drop, a bug no one has ever seen before, and a "super gun""

"New rats this season. Xiomara in ballistics, Henry Andrews gets a promotion. Hodges, Mandy and Archie running the maze as well"

"Nick's date interrupted by decomp, will she come back for more? Death can't scare Robbins' niece. We'll meet Mrs Robbins soon"

"Greg couldn't find a publisher his book afterall. He's carrying because "anything can happen in Vegas"" - that explains the gun, then.

"Don and I have talked to George Eads about directing an episode - nothing on the books to date"

"Still advise all #CSI fans to look under their beds and count your oranges - Sqweegel is out there."

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.