GLEE- Are You a GLEEk?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Wolverine_Eagle, Sep 9, 2009.

1. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

Ok so I'm finally posting my thoughts on the episode and performances. :p

My Thoughts on the Episode:
    Ok so Tina/Mike and Artie/Brittany are just too adorable for their own good. They are becoming like my favorite couples on the show. ^.^ My only concern is that Mike said that they were lucky that they had no drama, which is concerning because I can smell foreshadowing and dramatic irony. Which is REALLY annoying. Does Ryan Murphy HAVE to break up or bring drama to EVERY couple? Gosh. I hope that that isn't foreshadowing. ~crosses fingers~

LAUREN AND PUCK. OMFGGG. Seeing a desperate Puck is actually so entertaining. I never ever thought of putting these two together, but you know they work. I wonder if Puck will ever get a date with Lauren, and when she stood him up, LOL! Poor Puck. He's never been stood up before, so that must of been tough for him. ^.^

The Blaine and Kurt stuff was meh. I have to admit that their friendship is quite cute. To be honest I prefer Kurt and Blaine as friends, and won't be shipping them anytime soon. That's all I have to say about them.

Ok so now onto the stuff I wanted to get to. Finn/Quinn. Let's get something straight, I am quite fond of Finn/Quinn and am absolutely thrilled that they might be getting back together, but I really do not like the way they're doing it. I mean really. It's like RM WANTS Quinn to be labelled as the cheater. Quinn is my FAVORITE CHARACTER. And I do NOT like how they've "undeveloped her". This whole season Quinn has been developing into a really great character, and then the writers throw THIS at us. Come on!

I will admit, that Quinn did prove that she has developed when Quinn was trying to avoid cheating on Sam with Finn, but WHY IN HEAVEN'S WAS FINN ENCOURAGING IT?! It's like ever since he won the game his ego has grown a thousand times. Ugg. And this whole episode, I felt SO bad for Sam. He looked so hurt. Why is Quinn doing this to him?! ~cries~ I hope they resolve this soon. And IF Finn/Quinn continue to get together or whatever, I hope it's AFTER Sam/Quinn break up (if they do).
    (because I know they will because Samtana is coming next episode. Yes.. I'm serious... Samtana... Didn't see that one coming XP).

Also, LOL at Santana seeing the Finn/Quinn thing right away. So funny. And she WOULD give them mono. I also liked the sleepover (I thought it was cute), I really love Mercedes/Kurt/Rachel friendship. I wanna see more of it!!

Thoughts on the Performances:
    Fat Bottomed Girls: OMFG I love Puck so much. Seriously. His voice is amazing, and why Lauren didn't like that is beyond me. I think Mark Salling NAILED it.

P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing): FLAWLESS. Harry Shum Jr and Kevin McHale are like amazing. Harry Shum Jr has the best dancing in existence and Kevin McHale has the most awesome voice EVER. I think this was my favorite song of the show. They did an awesome job.

When I Get You Alone: Meh. Not bad. The performance was during an extremely awkward situation, so I admit I kind of skimmed over it. ^.^

My Funny Valentine: TINA IS SO CUTE. Tina/Mike FTW. This performance was so adorable, but it was so cute that she broke down crying. Awww...

Firework: Umm... Is it just me or did Lea sound just like Katy Perry when she did this. What's the point of doing the cover if it's going to sound just like the original song.

Silly Love Songs: I thought they did an awesome job but my only complaint - can anyone OTHER than Blaine sing a solo for once? Apparently not.... Otherwise good job!

Overall Grade:
    A-

2. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Alright, Tuesday's episode:

It was okay. Nothing really outstanding or memorable. I still really hate what they're doing to Quinn and Finn. At this point, I say they deserve each other. I'm still harboring hope for them in the end though.

I did like that they're finally showing Sam with a concrete personality: a dork trying to be cool. I like it. :lol: Not sure about the pairing up with Santana, but we all know that is going to end badly. Santana has been as always will be a bitch. I love her. :lol:

I think they set up Sue well here and the end of the Super Bowl ep but failed to follow through. With her loss at regionals, she lost her funding to the glee club. That is a sure fire excuse for her to go after the club. But I feel they are still making her out as being petty. And I have no idea what to make of the hospital scene. Since it apparently failed to win over Sue, what was the point?

Still very much liking Puck/Lauren. Lauren is awesome! I did enjoy the Brittany and Rachel interactions as well. You don't see those two together to often.

Music:

I'm a little Bieber'd out this week. With the Grammy's, CSI and Glee, I want a break from the Biebs. And I was never a fan of his music so the first two songs really didn't do anything for me.

Take Me or Leave Me was pretty good. I enjoy Mercedes' voice so this was nice. I also liked how the burgeoning friendship between her and Rachel survived the Diva-off.

I Know What Boys Like. Hm. Considering the quality of the original, this one actually sounded similar. Though I think this song was meant as sort of joke. The focus was probably on the rest of the cast in their underwear. Which was hilarious. Will still wearing his vest, Sue in dominatrix garb, and Finn in his Power Rangers shirt were beyond funny. :lol:

SING. I really liked this one. I didn't understand the lumberjack outfits, but hey... It was a Bieber-centric episode. Bieber = Canada = lumberjack? The song itself was great though. It actually might be one of my favorites of the group numbers for this season.

3. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

OMFG. BEST.EPISODE.EVER. I was LOLing IRL. I SWEAR TO GOD. The best part of this episode was the party and all the labels. LMAO. Needy drunk, angry drunk, etc. SO FUNNY. I was laughing so hard. And OMG Blaine/Rachel. I SO GO THERE. What a power couple they'd be OMFG. I was so pissed when they ended it though. I mean the whole Rachel/Kurt/Blaine story arc could have been interesting but they had to cut it off in like 50 seconds. NOT COOL. Lazy writing to say the least. I mean seriously... They couldn't have thought of a better way to end it?! ~sighs~

The Will and Beiste scene. OMG EPIC. And Will WOULD call Sue and Sue WOULD record it. Actually, I was half expecting him to call Terri or for Terri to randomly be in his apartment when a drunk Will came home. Oh my gosh.

The only other comments I have are I AM REALLY PISSED AT THE LACK OF QUINN AND FINN. SERIOUSLY. Quinn was hardly in the episode and same with Finn. Also, where the hell was Carole during the Burt/Kurt scenes. Seriously, doesn't she live there too? AND FINN?! WTF.

My Thoughts on the Performances:
    Don't You Want Me: Can I say it's about FREAKING TIME we had a Lea and Darren duet. And MAN did they nail it. AWESOME cover. I loved it. I have to say it's the best song in the episode.
    One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer: BEISTE SOLO! Beiste/Will are awesome and need to hang out more often. And they also need to sing more songs together. Beiste actually doesn't have that bad a voice either which is pretty cool.
    Tik Tok: Don't get me wrong I love HeMo, but seriously, LAY OFF ON THE AUTOTUNE. It pretty much ruined the song, but it wasn't bad regardless. lmao at Brittany vomitting on Rachel. Am I the only one who saw that one coming?
    Blame It: SUNGLASSES. Their sunglasses were epic. My favorite part of this whole performance was Schue - "Your acting is great! I actually thought some of you were drunk!" LMAO.

Overall Grade:
    A++

4. PraetorCorvinus

^^

I agree, best episode this season!! I too was laughing my ass off throughout the whole episode. The party, the hangovers, Will grading papers, Tik Tok - hilarious! :guffaw:

Didn't care for the bisexual storyline. They really didn't handle that issue well. Kurt came off as a bitch, which normally I'm okay with but not this time. So what if Blaine was bi? Who cares? And yes Kurt and Rachel, bisexuality does exist.

Loved the Bieste. She is definitely one of my most favorite characters introduced this season.

I enjoyed all the songs too. Really can't choose a favorite, though I'd settle for a tie between Blame It (on the Alcohol) and One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer.

And seeing how Ke-Dollar Sign-Ha :)guffaw:) is really REALLY autotuned herself, I didn't mind the amount used in the Glee club's version. Plus, the vomiting made up for it. :lol:

Great Episode!!

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Anyone else watch Glee last night, 'Rumours'? IMO, it was the best episode in a very long time. I have kind of a love/hate relationship with this show as it seems to be so uneven in its music and story arcs; but last night's Fleetwood Mac musical numbers were superbly done. I loved Santana's 'Songbird' and Artie's 'Never Going Back', and Rachael was amazing with 'Go Your Own Way'. Quinn and Finn had a nice duet, as well. I like when the music actually fits with the theme of the episode.
    Brittany's storyline with her Two For Fondue and her cat, Lord Tubbington, were great. Hopefully, we will see more of her show and her 'smoking' cat. :lol:
    The weaker moments were the Will/April, Sue/Terri scenes.
    Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Fleetwood Mac should be proud, and they will probably get a boost with their own cd sales. :)

I'm looking forward to next week's Prom episode.

6. PraetorCorvinus

Heh, it's been awhile since I posted here. Haven't missed any eps, just kept forgetting to say anything about 'em. :lol:

This was a pretty good ep. I've always liked Fleetwood Mac so it was nice to see their songs featured. The only song I didn't care for much was the first one sung my April and Will. I love April, but Will... not so much. My favorite songs were 'Go Your Own Way' and 'I Don't Want To Know'.

Fondue For Two was hilarious!! :guffaw: Lord Tubbington for the win!!

Over the last few episodes, Quinn has redeemed herself in my eyes. But Finn is still on a character derailment that has yet to be corrected for me. I loved Sam, Santana and Brittany here. Not sure what to make of Artie. I understand his frustration which probably made hm say what he did, but it was kinda a douche thing to say.

Only three episodes left. :) :(

7. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

If there are any gleeks out there still watching this show the new promo is out:
    Click!
    The only good thing about this promo is HBIC Quinn strutting through the halls, IMO. Man Dianna is werking that pink hair.
    Also Promo pics:
    Click!
    punk!Quinn is gone already? SMH.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  8. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

So, anyone keeping up with season 3 :):D? It's been pretty good so far for the most part.

9. jontogoisabeast

jontogoisabeast Hit and Run

^^ I am! And I agree, a lot of people don't like it, but there are a lot of good things about this season, like;

Finn and Rachel in a stable relationship

Rory! Gah I love him!

More Blaine! I wish we could see the Warblers more though, they're so amazing!

Speaking of Warblers, I love Sebastian. I don't care that he's threatening the Klaine relationship, I just love Sebastian's character and I really wanna see more of him, because I can not get enough of Grant Gustin :)

10. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I stopped watching this show after the 'twerking' episode. It was wayyyy too s1utty for me, I hate Miley Cyrus and twerking. It just seems so trashy, I thought they were in high school, not a strip club. Scantly clad cheerleaders rubbing their asses on guys. It was disgusting. The worst part is, at the end of the episode it actually encouraged twerking. -_-