Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 31, 2009.

1. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

I'm not being rude or sarcastic, but we continue on without talking about Kyle. He's been off the show for a good while, and I don't see him coming back. It that was true, I'm sure we would all know about it by now. Julia is history as well, same applies to her. Horatio is moving forward and with what episodes we got with Season 9 were great! More crime drama, more forensics, and reality action of Miami.

Have any of you watched 48 Hours on A & E? They show the Real Miami Dade Police Department in action and I have taken notice that CSI-Miami is taking the reality of that show and writing fiction, and fitting parts for Horatio to lead using evidence in the lab room, finding the suspects.

I going to say this, and I'm going to keep protesting this, less romance, more Forensics. Say good bye to the Eric/Calleigh romance, it's not need on this show, period!:thumbsup:

2. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

In the early years of Miami, there were lots of forensics, lots of scenes with Horatio in the lab and plenty of times he used them and his own unique gifts as a man to catch the bad guy. CSI is a drama show; not a reality show like 48 hours or COPS. In a drama show, one is allowed to see other parts of the persona.

The E/C (Eric and Calleigh romance) may not have been to your taste- I was neutral about it, but the idea of Horatio turning into a one-dimensional persona that has NO life outside of the lab is NOT the Horatio that I watched with great interest in the early days of Miami. His Miami team was a family, his interactions with people made him interesting and multi-dimensional. Law and Order SVU doesn't do a lot of forensics on their show but they sure grab crime stories from current headlines and put their own spin on it- as I said earlier, the angst of Elliot Stabler's personal life and that leaking into his professional life OR seeing him deal with his wife, children, mother etc; is the other part of drama the inner life that gives one insight to the person who is dealing with life in the outer life. That in my opinion, made him a person and not an action figure.

I'm not going to be rude either; but a personal life DOES have a place in crime dramas- there are precedents for it and shows have benefitted by showing that personal life. Miami in the past, way in the past, balanced both- it could do so NOW and be pleasing to many. Balance is always important.

3. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

We all are not going to agree on some of these "touchy" topics, but what I like is being able to express your feelings and not being threaten or cussed out. Life is not worth aruging over silly things, be happy!:lol:

4. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

Just to toss in my two penn'orth on the whole Horatio/Julia thing which, tbh, I didn't really like, but fact is, she's there on the show. I couldn't say "Horatio would never have a relationship with someone like Julia" because to me, it's obvious that he did.

In a lot of scenes, it's obvious to me that Horatio, for whatever reason, cared about Julia in the past, and still cares about her now - whether as a former lover, as the mother of his child, or just as a screwed up woman / victim / criminal I couldn't say... but he cares.

As for the suggestion that Horatio is not really Kyle's father, I think there's no way Julia could have tampered with the DNA evidence, as it came directly from Horatio and Kyle themselves before Julia's reappearance.

I suppose we all see it differently, and when we don't like what happens we sink into denial and create our own little mental fanfictions about the show (or is that just me...?!:wtf:) - but then if we all agreed about everything, these threads would be incredibly boring, if they even existed at all! Just makes me laugh that in being all Horatio-like and "following the evidence", we all end up coming to completely different conclusions! Now that would NEVER happen on the show... would it?!:lol:

5. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

6. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

Nice Picture. Everyone has their feelings about this touchy topic, but we have no control over what Barry O'Brien, Executive Producer is going to allow to happen. The ball is in his court. I'm just one of those people that feel that if your going to a "Crime Drama" program, stick to it. If it's "romance" you want, then stick to that. With this show, they made a big mistake in Season 8 with this Eric/Calleigh thing. Also, I think Horatio married Eric's sister because he just felt sorry for her, and know she was not going to be around anyway. Even with that situation, it stuck to a "Crime Drama" based situation, and didn't get out of hand like the E/C Situation did.

I'm sure Barry has his mind made up on what he wants to do, and we will see it next month. I know "H' & Nat will live, heck it's just fiction TV, and in fiction TV, a producer can do anything.

I'll say one more time, the Characters of Kyle and Julia are a thing of the past and they will not be back on. Also for those Jesse fans, forget it, they killed his character off.

7. CSI_Miamilover

CSI_Miamilover Witness

Well if I can remember correctly... Julia didn't exist wen horatio found out about kyle.. besides, horatio was with valera the whole time in 'dangerous son' wen they did the DNA test, yes it could be possible that valera could hv tampered with it which is why she was fired in one case.Buh that's highly unlikely. Julia came in the story after Kyle went to prison and she didnt know where her son was an certianly didnt no horatio knows. So Kyle not being horatios son is a bit unrealistic! X

I know Kyles not to be mentioned anymore but this point had to be made to clear ppls minds...unless I'm taking ppls opinions the wrong way...am I missing something? X

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  8. marymagdalen

Only the fact that I said exactly that three posts up!:lol:

There is no doubt that Kyle is Horatio's son in my mind, and whether we like it or not, he and Julia are out there somewhere... I suspect they will just float around in the mists of time, along with Suzy and Madison, Stetler, Cooper, and countless other characters that have been dumped along the way. Seems that TPTB are really not good at both a) portraying relationships and b) getting rid of characters, in any sensible or coherent way!

9. CSI_Miamilover

CSI_Miamilover Witness

10. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

I want to say, first off, I have never heard of an organization called the "TPTH". It has been my understanding that the contracts between the actors and the shows, CBS handled that. Is the "TPTH" some kind of actor's union or a "middle group" between the actors and the network?

My understanding was David Caruso's contact was with CBS, and it's parent company, Viacom.

At any rate, whatever involvement this "TPTH" has with these TV Shows, sounds messy, running off actors they could bring back, but maybe due to the economy being so bad, and each show set on a limited budget, they can not just bring characters back.

Heck I don't know, go ask Rush Limbaugh, he seems to know it all.:devil:

11. CSI_Miamilover

CSI_Miamilover Witness

12. marymagdalen

Not "H" but "B" - TPTB = The Powers That Be, i.e. all the people in charge of making stuff happen on the show.

And tell me: who's Rush Limbaugh, please?!

13. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Here's some info on Rush Limbaugh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_Limbaugh

14. CSI_Miamilover

CSI_Miamilover Witness

Wow I didn't new what TPTB meant Buh I kinda guessed it would mean something along the line...just didn't no its definition lol x

15. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Please Dont Kill Me

Found this a while back like two or so months ago and it made me drool everywhere all over my keyboard