Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

Kinda tired today, so this is going to be incredibly rant-ish, bitter, and a little over-the-top...but I don't care if you don't care. =P

I'm with gsugirl. Horatio is better off single. PERIOD. There was never ANY chemistry between him and Marisol. Julia is a crazy *****, and Renee falls into the same category as Marisol, chemistry-wise. With shows like this, romance should be kept in fanfiction.

As for Kyle...he needs to get out of the armed forces and find a new career...something that DOESN'T involve being a servant of the State, preferably. He doesn't have to follow in Daddy's footsteps, imho.

If Horatio were to be killed off, I would never forgive CBS and boycott them until the bitter end. Not really, but I would be a little upset. Let him retire in peace or something...but don't kill him off. Okay? Okay.

...So, yeah, that's all I have to say. *goes back to lurking*

2. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

I'm probably going to be kicked off this board for making this comment, but I don't care about relationships between characters, and I think most male viewers don't.

In Season 8, the Eric/Calleigh thing was taken too far in one episode. This stuff with Horatio and Renee is o.k., but I have this feeling that most of you want CSI-Miami to become a "Nighttime Soap", than a "Crime Drama" Program. It's o.k. to have a little romance, like the Danny/Lindsay marriage on CSI-NY, but they don't take it that far, they stay "FOCUSED" on what the program is suppose to be.

Now, I know that romance is a part of life, I am a Christian and understand it fully, but CSI, NY & Miami was created as a Crime Drama Shows, and in this past season, there have been complaints about a "Darker Horatio". We'll when you are dealing with killers like Memmo, it has to be that way.

My opinion is that Horatio stays out there, fighting crime, and at the end of the day, he tends to his romance. Get mad at me all you want, but I want to see, murders, serial killers, gangs, etc. on CSI-Miami. That is what Miami is all about, if you have ever been there, and yes, I have, it's mean down there and a "Darker Horatio" is what they need to solve the crimes!:(

3. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

gsugirl, I know what you mean when you say DC may want the character of Horatio killed so that other actor can't play his creation and change it. My problem with that is twofold: 1) it won't work because they will just do before the current stuff or an alternate reality or it was a dream, etc... if they really want someone else to play the character at some time; 2) it would leave me and many others with a bad last memory and some who would find it difficult to ever watch the show again in reruns or on their DVDs. That may sound strange or silly, but it does happen.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  4. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

When I mentioned Horatio marrying Julia, I meant it as a series finale when CSI: Miami comes to an end. I like happy endings and for me that would be a happy ending. ;)

5. BethHK

BethHK Victim

Oh, but he'd be happy marrying Julia!? :guffaw::guffaw: Sorry, that made me laugh. :shifty:

As for Julia... oh whatever, it's not even worth it. :rolleyes:

By the way, I really dislike the use of that term "illegitimate child". :( I think it's an unfair label. While the circumstances that lead to a child's conception may be "illegitimate", sometimes even criminal; the children themselves are not. Every human being has a right to exist regardless of how they came into being, and should not be judged for things that are out of their control.

6. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

Well, I doubt Julia's Character will ever be back. I saw her on a talk show and she is involved in a project to help young, troubled young ladies, which is a good thing. We need that in this country.

If Kyle Character does come back, just in my opinion, he should follow the footsteps of his father and be in law enforcement. He has the military experience, so I hope the Army has made a man out of him and a responsible adult.

What I want to see, and none of you tend to care about, is what is going to happen to Memmo, there has got to be an ending to his crimes, get him off the streets, his drug gang, and back in prison. There are things that need to be tied up with the crinimals roaming loose in the streets. Horatio, in addition to the team, needs to deal with it. Hit some meth labs and shut them down. Horatio, give the city of Miami some hope.

7. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

If Kyle comes back, I'd like to see him go out and live his life the way he chooses to live it. I DO NOT want him to follow in Horatio's footsteps.

...I could always go on an uber-leftist rant about how children shouldn't be forced to follow in their parents' footsteps...BUT I won't. Instead...I'll just, uhh...go back to lurking. Yeah, that'll work.

8. CSI_Miamilover

CSI_Miamilover Witness

LOL I neva actually thought of that! It'll be cute XD. I personally dnt think this will be the final season. Csi ny nearly came to an end... But there safe for another yeer. So I wudnt imagine they wud cancel BOTH at the same tym :/...or will they? I hope not :S and I do agree with furbi and fanilowchik. I hope the relationship between horatio and renee works and the series finale has a good happy ending...maybe another junior H! Perfect ending to his.little fairytale XD x

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  9. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

Still think that Yelina would fill the bill on all counts except on giving him a red haired child but then you never quite know....she might be able to.

Definitely don't want to see the character die- Horatio's got many miles to go and things to do and see before the big sleep. Kyle meanwhile, is WAY overdue for his big exit and his exposure as a phony... probably is Saris' kid....

As for relationships- Law and Order SVU didn't suffer because we got into the ups and downs of Elliot Stabler's life and family and how those situations impacted his work; as a matter of fact, it added a realistic dimension to the character. Family and emotions don't make a man less manly- I think it take more of a sturdy sense of manliness to confront and DEAL with feelings and emotions and it's interesting to see how men deal with them- especially in dramas and other shows. Offing people right and left and running on pure action is EASY, doing the former is tough and DC is a well rounded enough actor to handle both.

10. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

And why, pray tell, do you not believe Kyle is Horatio's son? I'd love to know.
    ---
    As for relationships, TPTB have shown several times before that they FAIL at making relationships work on this show. They should just stop trying. Seriously. They're trying too hard.

What the REALLY need to do is go back to the roots of the show, which is FORENSICS. No more lame storylines, gangs, police brutality, etc. Bring the forensics back and I'll be happy.

11. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

Finally, there is somebody who agrees with me on this board. Go back to Season 1 (2002) of this show. It was all about forensics, science used to catch crinimals. Horatio doesn't need to be in any relationship on the show, he needs to do his job. Same goes for the original characters Eric and Calleigh. In the past two years, CSI Miami has gotton off track of what the show is suppose to be about. To hell with this relationship, love sick garbage, the real Horatio Fans want to see science, forensics to catch the evil of the world.

12. ruby&theheadmen

Call it following my gut- anyone who has followed Horatio Caine's character would know that he would have never put his dead toe nail let alone anything reproductive near that serpentine sociopath passed off as a mental case known as Julia I call her madame plastique and it's not cause she's flexible!

Horatio was never a robotic catch the criminal guy- he HAD a life, he HAD family, and they ALL made him who he was a well rounded human being. If TPTB messed that up in 2008 with the writer's strike that's THEIR fault.

Anything less he might as well be robo cop or the terminator. That's not the Horatio Caine I know!.

13. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

It's possible that Julia wasn't that sick when she and Horatio first met, and they could have had genuine feelings for one another at one point. Plus, that's when Horatio was younger, more impulsive. Frankly, I think that fact alone makes Horatio more human and adds more depth to his character.

...But, whatever, it's your opinion, and I'm kinda tired of acting like a opinionated brat. So, yeah, back to lurking.

14. ruby&theheadmen

Making this post in this way is easier than a quote too long to follow. Horatio as a character, has had to deal with evil and sociopaths from a very early age. He could sense them out; in the past it's been called the "Caine instinct." So someone like him could never afford nor would it be in his character to willingly be reckless and Julia was always a manipulative, sociopathic, villainous person. Even being an undercover cop at the time where integrity as he so pointed out to Jake Berkeley when he lost his as a UOC would not EVER be a problem with Horatio. That's why it is far fetched to believe that he would EVER fall, or even be attracted to Julia- he would have seen through her as evil right off.

Also, it would be more like HER with money and such to in time tamper with DNA evidence, records etc; or even bribe to falsify that Kyle was Horatio's son. That's what sociopaths like her and/or Saris DO!

To find that out would be interesting indeed than what you have proposed. Disagreeing doesn't make one sound brattish- I don't see our exchange in that way, I am sorry that YOU do. TPTB just expose Kyle as a phony and kill him off then for me it will, been there...done that and 'NUFF SAID!

ruby&theheadmen.

15. isttoptan

isttoptan Victim

thank you, nice sharing..