Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New York

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSIaholic

CSIaholic Dead on Arrival

Re: Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New

Okay, back to the spoilers...

Well, I didn't get the impression that Danny didn't want to go to dinner. He just didn't want Lindsay to worry about him, like usual. And I also did not think that Lindsay was pushing the issue. She knew that Danny was worried, even though he is trying to hide that fact, and wanted to take his mind off of things for a couple hours.

And as for the whole scene with Lindsay confronting Officer Cooper, it doesn't seem to me like Lindsay is "marking her territory" or fighting over Danny or whatever. She has no reason to. She is just wondering why Officer Cooper is potentially ruining Danny's career to save herself when all he did was try to help and protect her.

Also, I really hope that they give Flack a storyline or a Flack-centric ep. Adam too. I love them both. :)

2. CSIaholic

Well, I didn't get the impression that Danny didn't want to go to dinner. He just didn't want Lindsay to worry about him, like usual. And I also did not think that Lindsay was pushing the issue. She knew that Danny was worried, even though he is trying to hide that fact, and wanted to take his mind off of things for a couple hours.

And as for the whole scene with Lindsay confronting Officer Cooper, it doesn't seem to me like Lindsay is "marking her territory" or fighting over Danny or whatever. She has no reason to. She is just wondering why Officer Cooper is potentially ruining Danny's career to save herself when all he did was try to help and protect her.

Also, I really hope that they give Flack a storyline or a Flack-centric ep. Adam too. I love them both. :)

3. CSIaholic

4. CSIaholic

EDIT: Um...wow. I don't know why it posted the same thing over and over again. Can someone delete those extra posts please?

And I really cannot wait for the premiere. It seems like its going to be very emotional. I'll probably start crying. :(

5. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

From Gary's twitter:

"Hey folks. Shooting in Coney Island. Check out the pic. http://t.co/rY0562W"
    [​IMG]

oooooh!!!!!! So I think my sneaky suspicions were correct about how the premiere ends and why he's back in the lab by the second ep. I'm thinking he identifies Claire's remains and that final act of closure is, well, *points to above pic* that basically. Anyone else have other ideas on what that scene could be? I'm telling you, I do NOT cry at movies/tv/whatever, but if this is really what it is, I am going to be sniffling in front of my tv :(

6. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

Umm, if he found her remains, is it possible she could of been cremated and he is scattering her ashes in the sea?If it is, it will be a very touching scene. sorry if that idea sounds stupid :-/.

7. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Wow...I have no words for that picture. It's going to be a powerful/emotional episode.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm having trouble viewing page 12 of the thread (it keeps redirecting me back to page 11). Let's see if posting will help me get to the darn page. :lol:

9. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I visited them on Coney Island. Got to meet Gary, he was great! Here are some pics: Link.

10. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Hardline Pro--thanks so much for sharing your pictures here. :)

11. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Hill Harper via Twitter:

And about the picture: isn't that Mac's wedding ring?

12. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

I honestly can't tell. I've blown the pic up and stared at it sideways ( :lol: ), but aside from that fact that I'm nearly certain he's holding a small book in his left hand, I can't make out what else he has and is looking at. If it is his wedding ring, I'm not going to be happy. THAT would take a work of magic on the part of the writers to make him throwing his ring into the ocean at all acceptable. Unless it's like a symbolic substitute, like he DOES identify Claire, but it's only a trace, so he throws his ring in the Atlantic instead as the burial he feels he can finally symbolically give her. Ok, having written that out, I'd be fine with that. But only if they somehow manage to convey that! If it's just some stupid contrived ending (like has happened a scary amount of times), I'm simply going to be pissed.

13. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

having read very little of this thread but had quite lengthy discussions with medic_jade about it, here's my 2 cents on that photo:

i pretty much hope it's not a scene identifying claire's remains. despite my aversion to romance i do like the mac/claire backstory and i think it works well with his character, but i hope that isn't what the story is as i think it'd be really disrespectful.

the fact is after 9/11 there were so few actual bodies to identify, just a few bits here and there. to me, suddenly finding one (or even part of one, this long after the event) - the one that is relevant to our character, no less, and on the 10 year anniversary to boot - and being able to ID it would be reducing the whole thing to a hollywood happy ending. and that would really really jar with me. i just think it'd be trivialising it in a horrible way. i hate schmaltz and that kind of thing would, for me, veer uncomfortably into schmaltz territory.

now, if they do go that route, of all people gary would be the one who'd do it properly and sensitively, but i hope it's not because for someone with such a great respect for all those lost and/or involved in 9/11 to reduce it to a cheesy closure story would be a real shame.

14. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Maybe Mac's finally come to the conclusion that Claire's remains will never be found, and he's getting some closure. I'm just assuming, since I didn't see the pic TheChaoticBox posted the link to (my job's server blocks some things). Let's not all freak out before we see this episode, okay?

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ i wouldn't mind that at all, i think that would make far more sense actually.

and hey, i'm not freaking out! i was just saying :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.