Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

2. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

Chances of me lurking at/totally crashing this party: Pretty high

Chances of me actually watching the premiere: extremely slim

*shrug*

3. Furbi

Furbi Witness

What is your name on FB so I know how to find you?

4. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

Mine? I have a giant black fox with a multi-barrel machine gun as my profile pic. Should be easy to find me. I don't like posting my real name on public forums.

Before you ask, no, you may not add me. I have a rule: no adding people on Facebook unless you know them from school or they're your mother's friends. No, that was not intended as a joke.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  5. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

Furbi, Is that your dog? What bloodline is it. Is your dog male or female? You know how I am about dogs, I love them, I have two rescue dogs that are like my kids!:lol: I want to copy that picture of your dog and put it in my dog pictures scrap book.:thumbsup:

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Just wanted to place a reminder that using the Private Message system, IMing software, or e-mail is probably a better place to get to know one another better rather than using this thread. ;) Or, you're welcome to head over to the Members Lounge for casual chit-chat. :)

In addition, when posting links to Facebook events (in this case the premiere party), it's probably best to simply post it once rather than all over the forum. One post should suffice, and you can always add the link to your signature. Thanks! :)

7. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

Thanks Finch, I came here because CBS is going to Facebook only. I don't have a facebook page, but I own a small business, so I may have to put one there. Thank You for the help and the kindness you have shown us new members! I'm learning!

8. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

I'll be at the party!! :)

Can't wait for September!

9. Furbi

Furbi Witness

Raveyn Zayra: I understand. It's important to stay safe on the internet. No worries. Hope to see you at the party :)

Tnlance: Yes, this is Lexie, my little angel. She is a purebred Shih Tzu. She is 10 years old and my pride and joy :D

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

No problem! If you have any other questions or concerns about the site, please feel free to e-mail me at speedcochrane2008@yahoo.com (until you can use the PM system).

Continuing the Horatio vibe in here, I wanted to ask:

If there was any kind of evolution you would like to see for the character either for season 10 or the future, what would it be?

Personally, I'd like to see Horatio offered a promotion that either takes him away from the lab, or keeps him in the lab but offers him different responsibilities. It'd be interesting to watch him make the decision--if any, and how he comes to that eventual decision. I think it would add another layer onto the character if he dealt with conflict related directly to his position at the lab, rather than an outside source (gangs and relationships).

What do you guys think?

11. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

I wouldn't mind seeing something like that. It would probably humanize them a bit; I mean, don't we all remember that a*hole we used to have to work with? One of the reasons why I loved the Ecklie character on LV, he wasn't evil or anything, just a royal pain in the butt.

12. fanilowchick

If this is Miami's last season (hopefully not), as a capper I would like to see Horatio finally accepting that promotion to Captain.

Let's face it: Horatio is getting older and I doubt he'll be able to remain active in the field very much longer. If he took a promotion and more of a desk job, he could still keep an eye on his team, without being right in the line of fire.

I think that would be a satisfying ending for his storyline, much more so than having him die in the line of duty.

13. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

Fanilow, I have had a change of heart about Season 10 being maybe the last season. The ratings are looking good for all three CSI Shows. I think Horatio will remain active in the field one or two more years. If they promote him to Captain, I don't know if you can hold him down! Horatio takes his job so emotional that you couldn't tie him down to a desk. As a matter of fact, I've only seen one episode of his office with him sitting behind his desk. We know he has an office and a desk, but good gracious, I don't think anybody or anything can keep him tied down to that desk. In reality, David is not that old, maybe 8 or 9 years older than me, still active, and I want to see him go after Memmo one or two more times!:lol:

14. fanilowchick

I know 55 isn't old at all, but if he were a real policeman, Horatio Caine would be approaching the age when an officer would either be pushed into a desk job or retirement.

Hopefully the NFL schedule doesn't interfere too much and ratings stay strong, at least for Miami. I would be thrilled if we got another season :D

Yes, Horatio is the kind of man who's so dedicated to his team and his work that he could never be tied down. (Actually, he still might be able to run his lab as a Captain, I don't know) But if a large change is needed to end the character's storyline, I would much rather see him promoted than die.

15. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

I fully agree Fanilow, if a major change is needed to end the Horatio's storyline, I would much prefer a promotion than that they give him a bad ending like killing him or disgracing him, etc...

Personally, I think there are other options that would be great and not either of these options. Hopefully the writers and Powers connected with CSI Miami will think of some of them and choose a good one when needed.