Carmine Giovinazzo

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Guest, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aglarelen

Aglarelen Prime Suspect

Re: The Locker Room: All Danny, All The Time

I love French. I also took it in school. It sounds so beautiful. And when it comes to pronouncing it, I'm from the South and that Southern accent just makes it more difficult, but I love it. Since I'm a singer too, I've had to learn songs in Swahili, Yiddish, Hebrew, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, German, of course Latin, and even a bit of Japanese. Just don't expect me to actually say anything useful. It would all be odd phrases that would get me nowhere. :lol:

2. BittenByTheWolfe

BittenByTheWolfe CSI Level Three

:lol: I once had to sing a song in Italian called "El Grillo." That cracked me up, the only Italian I know is talking about crickets!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Wow . Very impressive!

4. Aglarelen

Aglarelen Prime Suspect

Not really impressive.

Actually, now that I think about it, I do know a few phrases that are worth something. When it comes to Carmine/Danny. :devil:

French: Il est belle et bon. - He is good and handsome.

Italian: Amore mio - My love

Spanish: Hola papichulo. Besome mucho. - (loosely) Hey hot daddy. Give me lots of kisses. I'm not sure I spelled that right, since I'm used to just saying it.

Then from a cheesy song we did years ago in school (someone might recognize it):
    French: Je t'aime. Spanish: Te amo Russian:(phonetic cause I can't type in the cyrillic alphabet) Yatyibya lyublyu Hebrew: Ani ohevet othka - (all mean) I love you.

The Russian's my fave because it just makes your mouth feel weird to say it. :p

5. Guest

Guest Guest

LOL!

Like I said I only know German and the most I can do is say count from 1 to 12 i do know twelve is zwolf and eleven is elf!

6. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

:lol: Love in any language. yep, sang it in jr high, just like everyone else! :)

the only other language besides English that I know is German. not very well though. I need to brush up on it though because my brother is getting stationed there this summer.

7. speedlefan1

speedlefan1 Lab Technician

Just want to say hello to all the Danny lovers here and it is one more day here until CSI: NY a new eppy. WHOOOO HOOOOO :D

I'm showing much Danny Love here

8. Aglarelen

Aglarelen Prime Suspect

Yep! :lol:
    That song annoys me now because we had to sing it all the time. It got much better in college. That's when we got into the good stuff with the Latin, German, Yiddish, Swahili etc. That was good stuff man. I'm really glad I went to a school with a School of Music. The Music Industry majors taped our concerts and made us cds. That way I can listen to all the cool songs we sang over and over.

9. sock

sock Police Officer

Wow!! Hahaha. People here can speak so many languages!! I started to learn Spanish, but didn't really carry it on. I only know English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin dialects). Bleh. Hahahaha.

*Jumps with joy*! Hahaha. I know! I can't wait!!!

10. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Ever heard Finnish R? It's fun :D It's good way to shock foreing people, especially English speaking countries :D
    yell "kirkkoherranvirasto" and you get lots of attention :lol:

Oh, what comes to Russian, I know one sentenced, my grandpa said it many times and he had learnt Russian (and a bit German) when he was prisoner of war in Siberia from June '44 to Dec '44. And I also know if someone asks in Russian am I Finnish. I mean, like we were with mom in one store in NYC, we talked in Finnish and all sudden this lady behind us asked in Russian asked were we Estonian. Mom was faster and said "Njet, finski" :lol:

Anyways, before Top41 slaps us for going OT, about Locker Room Logo. I'll try something else too and see what I'll find out ;)

11. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

Te quiero is another way to say I love you in Spanish, but the meaning is a little less formal than te amo. Te quiero literally means I want you, which I think fits the Locker Room state of mind a bit better.

Aglarelen , I hope you do get a chance to study in the UK it was a fantastic experience.

Finally, my two cents on French and English - English is a wickedly difficult language to master for the non-native speaker. The grammar lacks the clarity of other languages, not to mention the duality of some words when it comes to pronunciation. Add that to the different jaw muscles that are utilized in comparison to some of the Romance languages, and you have a climb ahead of you. In general, I think people who are musically inclined have an easier time mastering multiple languages; at least that has been my experience. I'm not fluent in French, but I can read and speak it with little difficulty, the reading better than the speaking.

Now to bring it back OT, do you think Carmine speaks Italian?

Ali

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Aglarelen I just L-O-V-E Your avatar...Yummie :eek:

13. sock

sock Police Officer

It would be really sexy if he does. *imagines Carmine whispering sweet little nothings in Italian - sigh.* Hahahahahaha. I might not know what he's saying, but still! Hehehehehe.

14. Aglarelen

Aglarelen Prime Suspect

Te quiero does fit our style here better. One of my best friends is from Puerto Rico and she teaches us the "good stuff". So I know how to say select things like:
    "Hey hot daddy. Give me lots of kisses."
    "Hey hot momma/hot daddy. Kiss my ass."
    "Two beers please."
    I can also say "I'm f-ing pissed!" in Dutch. One of our other friends is Dutch.

I wish I could study abroad, but I'm too old to spend 2-4 years more in school, unless it's law school. Plus I got frustrated trying to find a Graphic Design/Web Design Masters program.

I sure hope Carmine can speak Italian. Even if it's just a few words, it would be wonderful. Anyway, with a name that Italian he'd be stupid not to know something. It could also come in handy with girls. Just drop a few phrases in Italian and what girl wouldn't take a second look?

Thank you. I'm an icon whore. It was a tedious job masking out Danny for the animation, but I did get to look at him close up all that time. So, it wasn't that bad. :lol:

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

:lol: Used to just saying it? You mack mamma you! :lol: :D

I don't know any 'come hither' lines in any other languages. The best I can offer is 'caudex' in Latin, but that means idiot, and is unlikely to get me anywhere with the handsome menfolk.

However, I could probably come up with a few lines in English to make him blush. ;) :devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.