The Last Movie You Saw - Thread 4

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SunsetBoulevard, May 4, 2010.

1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ I am SO PSYCHED for The Avengers in May 2012!!! Joss Whedon directing and Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Sam Jackson... and so on. Wow. I've never wished time would pass more quickly! :eek:

2. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

5 days ago I went to see Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows part 2 in 3-D, man that was EPIC!!!!! After that I realized its over, no more Harry Potter films, books. So I discussed with two friends of mine who saw same movie that I did see recently, I noticed that David Yates and rest of the filming production crew couldn't fit rest of other parts from the book in the HPTDH part 2, I think in my opinion that they should have added another hour and half to the movie to have everything from the book to the movie that would be very fitting. I cried at few scenes, its so sad!

3. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Goldeneye - 1995 film and this is one of my fav Bond films starring Pierce Bronsan and blowing things up and shooting - great movie all around

4. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

Jumping over the broom pretty good movie

5. ModernDayDrifter

ModernDayDrifter Lab Technician

Life as We Know it Cute movie, had its moments. Was a good story line but dont think it was played out very well. Not a movie I'de go out of my way to see again. Had a few cute moments but thats bout it.

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Rise of the Planet of the Apes...loved it. Can't wait for the sequels.

7. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

Mr Popper's Penguins- Very,very funny! my kids couldn't stop laughing! Jim Carrey is awesome and the penguins are ADORABLE!

8. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Went and saw X-Men: First Class, thought it was a very good movie, though my knowledge of the X-Man is limited though lately all my siblings watch on Netflix is the X-Men cartoons, so I should have a better view on it the when the DVD comes out :lol:

Anyway it's up there with Pirates of the Caribbean and Captain America for my favorite movies this summer, I look forward to the sequel :)

My favorite character is Xavier :thumbsup:

Lucas Till (Havoc/Alex) is yummy! :drool:

9. ModernDayDrifter

ModernDayDrifter Lab Technician

The Back-up Plan was really bad....tottal chick flick in the worst way. Story line was good but the playing out of it could have been way better. Was cheesy, over done and predictable. As you can tell...I didnt like it lol

10. isttoptan

isttoptan Victim

[SPAM]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
  11. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Haven't they made thos already? :lol::lol: Anyways, it looked cool. It's gone in my local theatre, but probably will watch it later.

I went to see Captain American 3d. Yay my first 3d movie! I haven't read the comics so much, but I do know something since my better half is fan of Marvel and mostly Wolverine etc. And I know he hates Captain America :lol: :lol: So I asked, "ohoh, Captain America is here on theatre" and he was wondering and pondering and then he asked if we could go to see it.

I think I liked it. I mean I did. Of course most of these are bit annoying because they end that there' smore coming (like Wolverine movie probably will have sequal with movie about Deadpool)

But one thing made us wonder..if Dun Dun Dugan was already with CA crushing Red Skull's factories in the 40's - how come he's still around in today?

And what comes to next movies (like The Avengers).. I love Samuel L. Jackson, he is great and has been one of my favourites for years. BUT.
    Nick Fury is an asshole, old, white and grumpy soldier. No matter how much there is Samuel's asskickiness. They shouldn't have changed it.

Also, I watched Invictus. Finally. A nice one, tho one scene just made us laugh (why there was a slow-motion scene about one player slappine other's ass? and going Aaaargggh). But Morgan Freeman <3 he is so great. And I don't think anyone would have done that part better than him.

So I am waiting for Cars 2. Yes, it's in local theatre but I do NOT want to watch it dubbed. Because I know who does the voices in original and Finnish ones are just..annoying.

Besides I want to hear captain Sig as Crabby! yay!

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Is that the one with J-Lo and the dude from Hawaii 5-0? If so, I thought it was okay.... but J-Lo had very little, if any romantic chemistry with Alex (I think that's his name lol). I'm not a huge J-Lo fan, but I can tolerate this movie more than any of her others. It would have been a much better movie it it had been someone else besides J-Lo in it. Perhaps Sandra Bullock... but then again I thought the same thing about Monster In Law lol.

Country Strong - A bit too long. The music was okay. Gwyneth can definitely sing, but...
    the ending totally sucked! She freaking died! I wasted all that time watching that movie hoping the character would overcome her issues and then she takes pills and kills herself.

How Do You Know - Cute, but predictable. Loved the casting. I only wish that they had told
    what happened with Jack Nicholson's character, who played Paul Rudd's dad. Did he tell the lawyers he was responsible for the embezzling (or whatever it was) and face life in prison (since he was a repeat offender) so his son could live happily with the girl and wouldn't have to go to jail for 1-3 years? They kind of left you hanging on that part.

Life As We Know It - Same as the movie above, cute, yet predictable. I loved the part where
    they were singing "The Wheels on the Bus" to the baby, but couldn't remember the second line... so the guy sings "then Keanu Reeves save the bus" (referring to the movie "Speed") lol.

13. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines - I thought this movie has to be the worst out of the film. The female Terminator was portrayed by a horrible actress, I just couldn't get behind this character at all. The movie was more of a joke than anything.

14. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

I just saw SUPER 8 and I absolutely loved it!!! It's everything a movie should be..... entertaining, gripping, emotional and suspenseful.

15. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Contagion....lets just say it wont be contagious :(