Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Awesome that WP will come back to send off Marg! Thanks for the live blog, Shane!

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Thanks, Shane.

Glad we got the info quickly.

But figured. Nothing about Nick or anyone else. Guess George was there to be he cheerleader for the show, as always.

Like the clip, like what I saw so far of Danson (I do like him, you know). However, George/Nick is the resident kid person, so don't go there Danson/D.B. :p :shifty: :lol:

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

NEW CSI FOOTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Yay!!! So good to see it!!!

That was a cute clip, but....I wonder what happened to the poor little kid? :( And I'd like it better if DB was not wearing Haskell-esque glasses. :shifty:

4. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I think I'm really going to enjoy the new season of "CSI", the blog seems to make it sound like not only will Catherine get demoted, but Nick too, which is a shame.

OT: Smokey, I love your avatar :D

5. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

So does that mean Ms Piggy finally goes back to her rightful owner (Catherine)? Seeing as Grissom gave Piggy to Cath, and Hodges somehow got his skinny little hands on it to bring it to Nick's office, I think Cath should have it back. Maybe it would help her get over the frustration of being demoted. I am, however, looking forward to maybe seeing a little friction between Cath & DB concerning the demotion.

That clip made me raise my eyebrows a bit. It seems that DB has usurped Nick's role as "Kid whisperer" now.

It will be nice to finally see a CSI that has a fairly "stable" family life. That would be very refreshing.

Other than that, it seems the whole panel was the same-old - a lot of bluster about nothing.

6. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Thanks Shane :)

excellent job :)

7. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I'm really liking everything I'm seeing right now. I feel I'm going to like Ted's character. Thanks Shane! Knew you were kept around for something. ;)

8. Smokey

Same here! Seems like things are going well so far. I loved seeing some new stuff on film finally! And I think Nick and D.B. made a good team with the kid. :)

9. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Hello everyone! Long time, no chat!

It's been a while so taking in all this information has given me quite a headache.So for now, I'll give my two cents (for what it's worth)! I'm somewhat excited about Ted Danson coming onto to the show. However, replacing a big name star with another big name star may not solve the problem if the TPTB don't learn from their huge mistakes from the last 2 seasons. Force feeding a character down out throats because the actor portraying the character is a well known actor is just gonna further ruin the show. In all honesty, I think the better choice would have been choosing an actor (or actress for crying out loud) that wasn't as well known. That way TPTB would be less inclined to write particularly for that character/actor. But hey, what do I know!

I've been away for so long that I didn't even know Marg was leaving! I'm sad to see her go, but the woman is smart and knows when to jump ship. Am I happy WP is coming back to close her out? No, I'm not. Because I fear that her departure will become more about his return. Rather than the focus staying on sending Catherine off, it could possibly be muddied with the fact that WP/GG came back for one more episode. BTW, does anyone else find it a little ridiculous that the character comes back for Catherine's departure, but we haven't seen him come back for Sara...at all? Seems kind of...dumb? Maybe it's just me?

10. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I disagree. Gil/WP coming back for Cath/MH's send off harkens back to the early seasons where they wrote GC as an "old married couple" with their interaction.

One thing I really, really hope is that they don't talk Marg into staying on longer. Hopefully they can bring her a storyline for her departure that will make Marg happy and not feel the need to stay around to have a better sendoff down the road.

The comment that George made about finally being excited to come to work, and something he hadn't felt in a long time stood out in my mind as a hint to the entire cast not being overly happy with how things have gone in the past few seasons.

11. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

Some interesting news but kinda what you expect.

Good to see that Ted seems to be clicking well with the cast.

I know I'll probably get some slack for this, but I'm kinda glad Nick is getting demoted too. After all, he did go with Langston to the carnival and was involved in the whole Haskell fiasco too. It's only fair that if Catherine is getting demoted, he does too. At the moment, I'm cautiously optimistic about this whole storyline. I'm not happy that the writers are potentially ruining a strong female character, but it does give Marg some good stuff to work with (finally).

As for Billy coming back, it makes perfect sense to me. After all, Grissom and Catherine have been friends for a really long time, and the real life friendship of Billy and Marg plays a huge part too. I can see Cath doubting herself and even feeling like she failed Grissom, and Grissom giving her a kick in the ass to remind her that she's stronger than this.

And I swear, if Marg stays past February, I'm driving to LA to yell at Ted and George. :lol:

12. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I think Nick getting demoted had to be written in order to justify bringing in a new guy to be the lead. If they kept Nick (and Catherine for that matter) at their current rank than bringing in a new lead wouldn't make sense on account of them already having their hierarchy in place. IMO, they had to write in the demotion for both of them for the Danson's placement to be logical.

Kaylene, I understand what you mean about paying homage to the way things used to be with Gil and Catherine being written as a married couple and taking us back to the good ole days. But, I also see it as his presense overshadowing the real reason he is back: Catherine is leaving. I feel that his potential last hoorah could become more about him than her. He's left already. I want Catherine's departure to be about just that: Catherine.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  13. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I don't really mind Nick getting demoted. As long as he gets to work out in the field I think the character will be happy with what he's doing.

Here's a story on e-news about Marg leaving. It's not as bad as the title makes it sound! :)

Marg Helgenberger Leaving CSI After This Season - Is Ted Danson to Blame?

Susan

14. Smokey

They say bringing in D.B. will move Marg around and Nick's fetal pig....doesn't say move Nick around. Maybe he stays on as assistant supervisor. ;)

15. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I like how Ted's really new to the show and he already is fighting for Marg. That is awesome!!

I'm really intrigued by his character. He's a grounded family man andnot a science nerd. That's something different for the show somewhat. He seems mellow. I like that. The snippet about one of the consultants helped create the character leads me to believe he might be a more accurate portrayal of a real-life CSI. He doesn't even carry a gun. Interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.