Fishburne Says Goodbye To 'CSI'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jun 8, 2011.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I have a feeling that with all the cast changes Brody won't even be back next season.

2. PHANTOMERIK

PHANTOMERIK Dead on Arrival

I will miss Ray I think L.F. did a supberb job myself I don't suppose there is any chance of Sela Ward and her truly dire alter ego following his example over on NY is there? Anyway goodluck L.F. and thanks for the memories.

3. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Do you know something we don't? ;)

I don't really see any reason to not keep her just because LF is leaving. They still need new blood and she's supposedly confirmed I thought.

I'm still dying to hear when everyone will confirm their contracts, until then it's a tense summer for me :lol:

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Welcome PHANTOMERIK, me too I thought he was incredible and awesome and this was the perfect role for him. And thank's for DVD's and re-runs. I wish him the best, but can't imagine anyone replacing him:(

5. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Interesting, before my last post, the following virtriol over Laurence Fishbune:

now...nothing. Nothing but praise for his abilities.

Wait, wasn't Dr. Langston a PhD and teaching forensics at some fictitious Las Vegas college? Strikes me that the only "learning curve" was when Grissom asked him if he ever wanted to change jobs...the irony being thick, of course.

Again, we're back to the "bring Willy back" mantra. Unless they unload a dump truck of cash on his driveway, there is no way WP is coming back to headline the show. He left of his own accord; translation: wasn't fired. And with the franchise on its last legs, I doubt they would pour in a ton of cash to bring this character back.

Next season, CSILV is going to be without a lead male/with a new, untested lead male, without Marg, and basically with nothing else. I ask again, please tell me which Emmy-nominated actor and/or actress is willing to step into these shoes?

William H. Macy
    Adrienne Barbeau
    Reni Santoni
    Sissy Spacek
    Hillary Swank
    Paul Giamatti

anyone want to name a name...because no one has so far.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Just responding to this as you quoted one of my posts (the second one)...I didn't realize saying that I'm indifferent to an actor was considered 'vitriol'. Not having a particularly positive or negative perception of the actor (or character) is probably one of the least critical remarks I've seen in a long time. *shrug*

Robert Patrick would be my suggestion to join the cast if TPTB were hoping to fill in the space. Don't know if he has any awards to his name, but he's a seasoned actor and would probably do well on this type of show (using his stint on X-Files as a reference).

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I highly doubt William H. Macy would be able to do CSI since he is starring in the Showtime series Shameless. If somebody new were to come in, I would say William Fichtner (of Prison Break) would be a nice fit.

8. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Pretty selective use of quotes. Reading all the posts leading up to your first one, five were sad that Ray/LF is leaving, two didn't care for Ray but liked LF, five were either neutral or indifferent, and six were happy. Less than half of the original posters were glad about his leaving so that means everyone is being vitriolic about Laurence Fishburne?

And everything after your post was not all praise. There were still a few celebratory comments over his leaving and most of the others didn't have much to do with the actual leaving and were more a discussion about the impact on the show itself. But by all means, keep patting yourself on the back.

9. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Irony doesn't seem to be the only thing.
    Doctor Ray Langston was an M.D. not a PhD, that is, he was a medical doctor, not somebody who had studied for a doctorate in a non medical field. He was *not* teaching forensics in college. IIRC, he was teaching a psychology class, specializing in serial killers. Hence the inclusion of Nate Haskell. Either way, he had absolutely no practical knowledge of forensics beyond whatever basic training he did before his first day in the field.

Like I said, if TPTB had wanted a lead character as in somebody who could take the lead in investigations, then maybe they should have written one, instead of writing an inexperienced character and suddenly bumping him up a few experience levels until he was outstripping the characters with significantly more experience.

For the record, a mature individual having to start from scratch was an interesting concept and Ray's first few episodes where you knew he had the smarts, but not the experience, were some of the best, IMO. But TPTB clearly thought that audiences equated investigative lead with acting lead and wrote the scripts accordingly.

And where in my post did I say to bring back WP?

I have no problem with WP leaving. Granted, I would have preferred to see Grissom stay, but as you said, it was his decision.
    My problem was with TPTB's method of replacing him. As I already said, I don't think they ever needed a 'big' name to replace him, as the supporting cast were strong enough on their own, and maybe if TPTB had given them a chance when WP had taken his sabbatical, then they'd have seen that.

Now I would *love* if Grissom was written back into the show. Only problem is, TPTB would probably make a hames of it, just like they did with Ray.

Maybe the reason nobody is naming names is because people have faith in the current crop of actors. Certainly more than you seem to have.

10. electra

electra Pathologist

That is such a surprise.IMO his character was not working,despite that LF is a good actor.If we can still have good cases like "House of Hoarders" last season,we do not need anyone new.

11. Desertwind

And I was one of the fans who absoutely loved him and his character, as did PHANTOMERK & thought he fit in perfectly on the show. I don't see this mentioned in the list of who didn't like him, the neutral's and the naysayers. Yes indeed, thanks for the memories. Maybe we can see you in a guest spot down the line, stay happy Laurence:)

12. Desertwind

Laurence Fishburne is nominated for an EMMY, for his portrayal of the 1st black supreme court justice in his one man play "THURGOOD" set to air on Sept. 18. I saw this, he was so powerful, his dialogue so precise and perfect, that after watching him for 90 minutes you thought you'd just watched Thurgood Marshall:thumbsup:

ARTICLE

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

What exactly does Thurgood have to do with a thread about him leaving CSI?

14. Desertwind

Nothing vegaslights it was the only LF thread I could find and post news about him, he was on the show for 2-1/2 seasons, & I could have started a new thread but thought this was fine, and congratulations would be a nice gesture:bolian: