Gil & Sofia #2-Let's have dinner. Shall we?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by KiraGrissom, Oct 18, 2005.

1. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Well note the conversation in the diner. Thanks to Taz for transcribing it for me.

Sara: why do we always eat here
    Greg: open 24 hours
    Sara: everything is in vegas is open 24 hours
    Greg: it's cheap
    Nick arrives: why do we always eat here
    Greg: it's tradition
    Sara: ahh tradition like becoming property exchange between your father and your husband

Gil is not included in that...perfect reasoning for that as well. Gil has much better things to do like eat with a lovely blonde, who can stimulate his mind, among othe parts.

All this food got me to thinking about the cup of joe Sofia had in her hand. You know he can fix coffee just the way she likes. For those mornings when she stops by to visit with him after they both get off work. The perfect way to unwind together after a long hard shift. I see her even offering up to help him feed his beloved bugs. How adorable would it be both of them leaning in together cheek to cheek dropping in food. (can't seem to help but gush over these two ;))

Did anyone else find the convo Hodges had with Gil interesting? When Hodges said "they were not the marrying kind", Gil rushed him quickly out the door. Big red flag. Gil is very much so the marrying kind. I think since seeing Sofia in the infamous "red dress" he has been humming here comes the bride. She not only has alluring looks but intelligence and mystery that just caught him hook, line and sinker.

Oh and loved how his eyes went to the ring on the brides hand when he was talking to her. There is no doubt the man is ring shopping. We know he likes classy jewels. He will do lots of research to make sure he gets the right ring for his lady bug love.

2. Sofia_Willows

Sofia_Willows Hit and Run

And as much as Gil may say that he's a romantic, I think that much like Sofia he still likes a good amount of organization in his life.

BTW - did the caterer actually say it was buttercream frosting? I think he just said peach colored. Sounds like he had himself a sample to me - and already knew the exact ingredients for it.

And he got his word in about weddings throughout the episode - very pro wedding, very pro romance and love and tradition.

I can see that as well. I mean, I didn't see Brass with coffee, and I'm not sure - but I believe she didn't show up immediately at the scene. Perhaps they have a thing worked out where Grissom or she will go first if they know they're supposed to be at the same place just so they can have their relationship to themselves.

COMPLETELY agreed - Grissom brushed him off as if to say, "Speak for yourself". And I'm sure seeing a gorgeous blonde dripping in jewels certainly put ideas in his head... lol.

I believe that's where his eyes held the longest in terms of jewelery.

3. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Warning: more nonsense about a fictional TV couple about to be spewed down below cause laughter is healthy for the soul.

Yes LSB & SW he really honed in on what the bride was wearing, most likely picturing the lovely Sofia in the same attire. Then again he would be happy just going down to city hall and having a judge bond them in matrimony. But he, like all men, would defiantly want her to decide which way to go since it is the bride’s big day after all.

And don’t you love how the director arranges the scenes? They give us Gil being in this romantic mode, appreciating nature’s beauty, smiling at the ladybug, drinking in all the details the bride is wearing for later personal use, getting the lowdown on reception requirements only to be pulled back into the here and now by Greg asking about diapers (way to go Greggo) then bam – cut to Sofia being told “You’re way too pretty to be a cop.” :lol:

Gotta Love the Love

4. Sofia_Willows

lol. I feel like the surgeon general. Warning : Exposure to Gofia may cause light-headedness, a general sense of glee and extreme entertainment for entertainment's sake.

I agree with that - just have the groundwork set up, and then ask if she wants to really have the wedding portion or if they want to skip straight to the honeymoon ;). Because as much as he'd love to see Sofia in a long gown, I think for the most part he's aware that she's not a high-drama, fussy kind of woman.

Exactly - beautiful blonde woman in charge of the day once again. The parallel there was fantastic. And the fact that we never did hear Sofia's thoughts on marriage, did we? Like Gil said - I'm sure that their stories are the same.

5. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Yes, Sofia_Willows you hit the nail on the head. General Surgeons warnings.

Warning: Gofia may cause rapid pulse or swelling of the heart. Treat with a double dose of giddiness, smiles and positive attitude.

This ladybug on the rose at the wedding Gil observed really had me thinking. Gil loves his bugs of course. Check this out. Just more evidence, which does not lie.

Ladybugs are protectors. They are known to eat hundreds, even thousands of aphids off of roses each year. Now makes sense to me that as soon as he noticed the ladybug on the rose his mind automatically shifted to his "ladybug". What does Sofia do? Protect from harm. Both are ridding of pests in this world, making life more pleasant for others. Ladybugs help maintain he beauty of the rose, Sofia offers peace and justice for those in harms way. Both put their lives on the line. Gil is such a genius in his taste for a good woman.

Why yes, I do enjoy this aspect of the show. Matter of fact, there is another occurrence around Gil and Sofia. As Brass and Sofia are leaving the diner after talking to Nick, the next scene pans to Gil walking down the hall. Yet again transitioning from Sofia to Gil. Coincidence?

One more comment on Gil and the bride fascination. I think he is secretly hoping that Sofia will pick the wedding route(small of course). Think of how breath taking it would be for him to see this striking blonde adorned in white, with a rose boquet, gliding down the aisle to be with him for eternity.

Gofia is...heavenly, wondrous and inviting.

6. Sofia_Willows

A major thing I noticed was that once again, Sofia's hair is down when she goes to see Grissom at the beginning, presumably since they were already together before.

Is this not the same woman who CLEARLY stated that while at work she kept her hair up? I think she knows what he likes.

I don't believe we've seen her hair-up with him since Season 5. He probably told her to keep it down, just like he saw it when they first met.

7. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

I have no doubt she knows what he likes. Like Taz said before, when her hair is down it flows leading the eye to certain assets. Which brings me to the the necklace the bride had on again. That trickled down to just above her assets. It's like a bee when the nectar of a flower sends out signals like a landing strip...a sort of "bee line". Nature has a way of providing natural attractants..aka..her long flowing hair.

Plus he trained on the brides mouth. Now that just says to me he was thinking of how kissable Sofia's lips are and how he would love her to be the one standing in front of him.

8. Sofia_Willows

Yes, I certainly noticed his dropping gaze. But I think that despite the color of her hair, he probably immediately thought of a woman whose was much longer and more romantic.

I think the great thing for him about Sofia is that the first time they met she was so sexy and so provocative, but she proved that she knew there was a time and a place - she's so professional with him at work, but she knows when to flirt and she knows how to get what she wants.

Indeed. If anything, I think he kept his mind off the bride's face as a whole, because he was thinking more about another woman's "assets".

9. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Warning: Liking this pair and publicly stating it will lead to crucifixion as double standards are the norm in cyberspace, but what the Hell, they are too fun and gorgeous together to care what others say. Life is too short not to have fun and enjoy each and every day.

Aww thanks for looking that up LSB. Sofia is out there serving and protecting the good people of Vegas. She puts her life on the line for others and there is no noble service than that.

I will say that in my garden I have bought ladybugs to help with aphids, but not for my roses (thrips are the rose pest down here) but for my veggies. Organic IPM (Integrated Pest Management) is what I practice and sometimes teach where the rule is to use the least harmful approach first to deal with pest/disease. Kind of what Sofia does now as a Detective, only pull out the big guns as the last resort.

[​IMG]

SW I like that line of thinking because the whole elevator scene was them seeing each other in a different light then what they were use to. It is one of those wow moments in life. All preconceived notions that they might have held up to that point in time, no doubt thanks to Ecklie, was not in the forefront of their meeting, mostly on Gil’s part since she recognized him but being in the tux helped separate how she had always seen him. And Sofia having her hair down and in a dress did the same for him. So of course he would want to see her like that all the time, sexy & sassy.

Off to enjoy life on this beautiful day, Viva the Love Baby! Is it wrong?

10. Sofia_Willows

And she played it very coyly - until she was sure that he was interested, she didn't start flirting. She waited to temper his reaction, and when she saw that little smile at the memory of her at the lab, she knew that she had him.

And that's the other thing - they were all in these beautiful evening clothes. The second that he removes the bowtie and she the evening dress, they become absolute profesionals once more. But previous to that they just seemed like two people on a date, with her little winking comments and such.

And the moment he saw her as this beautiful, but wonderfully intelligent CSI, he began to take her very seriously and even adopted her method of doing things.

11. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Which led me to remember the ending of Formalities. Gil is very conscious of Sofia's arrival to work as he is leaving his shift. The awareness of one another gained from working on this case together is priceless. They both have the excitement of the chase. The quest of gaining knowledge about one another. The charge of finding out the uknown. Doesn't it just give you goosebumps.

Not only that, Sofia has already shows us she has figured out what Gil desires. She has her hair down when she pulls up and gets out. We are rewarded with two smirks that tell us they are happy in each other's company.

12. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Good Morning! I wanted to start this beautiful day with some music. Nothing like tunes to warm the heart and soul. I think this would be a great song for Gil and Sofia. Gil would pop this song on and they could dance while making breakfast together in the kitchen.

He even bought special plates and mugs for his ladybug love.
    [​IMG]

Artist: Wham! Lyrics
    Song: Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go Lyrics
    Jitterbug

Jitterbug

Jitterbug

Jitterbug

You put the boom-boom into my heart
    You send my soul sky high when your lovin' starts
    Jitterbug into my brain
    Goes a bang-bang-bang 'til my feet do the same
    But something's bugging you
    Something ain't right
    My best friend told me what you did last night
    Left me sleepin' in my bed
    I was dreaming, but I should have been with you instead.

Wake me up before you go-go
    Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo
    I don't want to miss it when you hit that high
    'Cause I'm not plannin' on going solo
    Take me dancing tonight
    I wanna hit that high (yeah, yeah)

You take the grey skies out of my way
    You make the sun shine brighter than Doris Day
    Turned a bright spark into a flame
    My beats per minute never been the same

'Cause you're my lady, I'm your fool
    It makes me crazy when you act so cruel
    Come on, baby, let's not fight
    We'll go dancing, everything will be all right

Take me dancing tonight
    I wanna hit that high (yeah, yeah, baby)

(Jitterbug)
    (Jitterbug)

Cuddle up, baby, move in tight
    We'll go dancing tomorrow night
    It's cold out there, but it's warm in bed
    They can dance, we'll stay home instead

(Jitterbug)

Take me dancing tonight

Also could think of this song popping in his head when he was walking through the roses at the wedding. Weddings make you think of dancing and music. So naturally when he was talking with the bride, dancing with Sofia filled his head.

Plus the thoughts of he will be waking up beside this woman for this rest of his life. He would want to wake up with her starting the day off loving her. Awwwww makes my heart go "thump, thump".

Gofia Love: Sweeps You Off Your Feet!

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm starting to like Sofia, I think she's better cop than CSI

14. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Warning: Only Crackheads like this pairing. Gilbert & Sofia are right up there with any slash pairing in certain people’s minds since there is also NO evidence that any character is slanted that way.

Personal note: I’d rather be in the same company of other Crackheads who talk about love, fun and enjoyment of life cause those others are humorless, judgmental, vicious hateful people.

The Crackheads theme song courtesy of REM: Shiny Happy People

Shiny happy people laughing
    Meet me in the crowd
    People people
    Throw your love around
    Love me love me
    Take it into town
    Happy happy
    Put it in the ground
    Where the flowers grow
    Gold and silver shine

Shiny happy people holding hands

Everyone around love them, love them
    Put it in your hands
    Take it take it
    There’s no time to cry
    Happy happy
    Put it in your heart
    Where tomorrow shines
    Gold and silver shine

Shiny happy people holding hands

Lookout - Crackhead talk below

Ha, a perfect song for starting the work week LSB. Yes it has a beat anyone can dance to, puts a smile on your face, and it is preformed by such a gay guy so very perfect. Jitterbug, Ladybug makes my heart go thump - thump too.

I say after Gil heard Greg’s cell phone ring he got the idea to program his phone so when Sofia calls him it plays Aerosmith’s Love in an Elevator.

Workin’ like a dog for the boss man, Workin’ for the company
    I’m bettin’ on the dice I’m tossin’, I’m gonna have a fantasy

But where am I gonna look, They tell me that love is blind
    I really need a girl like an open book, To read between the lines

Love in an elevator
    Livin’ it up whn I’m goin’ down
    Love in an elevator
    Lovin’ it up till I hit the ground

She said ’can I see you later, And love you just a little more’
    I kinda hope we get stuck, Nobody gets out alive
    She said ’I’ll show you how to fax, in the mailroom, honey
    And have you home by five’

In the air, in the air, honey one more time
    Now it ain’t fair
    Love in an elevator
    Lovin’ it up when I’m goin’ down
    Love in an elevator

Gonna be a penthouse pauper, Gonna be a millionaire
    I’m gonna be a real fast talker, And have me a love affair
    Gotta get my timin’ right, It’s a test that I gotta pass
    I’ll chase you all the way to stairway, honey
    Kiss your sassafrass

Yee-oooow!

15. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Ah, "Love in an Elevator" just can't hear those words without thinking of the two of them awakening to the feelings of true love and attraction.

You know never thought I would hear myself stating this, but for once we can thank Ecklie for doing something right. I mean had they not been at the dinner where he was getting promoted, these two may have never met. Talk about kismet. Then we can thank Ecklie again in "Mea Culpa" for being in a quick hurry and letting a great C.S.I. like Sofia go off dayshift. Gil knew how lucky he was getting this fantastic woman. Eclkie said it all when he said "you two deserve each other."

Brass would even agree. I still can't forget the few scenes he is in where he clearly likes the fact Gil and Sofia are digging each other.

Even Cath in "Formalities" noticed Gil had his eyes set on Sofia. Its hard to deny when you have emotions for someone. These two light up any room.
    :D ;)