Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New York

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Re: Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New

Not at all. I was thinking it. ;)

2. PHANTOMERIK

PHANTOMERIK Dead on Arrival

Ok I'm kinda of liking the idea that we will finally get to meet the infamous Claire Taylor it harks back to the far superior earliest episodes plus for once the writers are doing something other than the usual serial killer/nutjob/soap opera crap we have being given nonstop since S6 began but doesn't that time line put us slap bang in the middle of Stella/Aiden territory too? We all know it was Stella who kept Mac from total melt down when Claire was killed it's been well documented in several episodes of the show plus Mac clearly states he and Stella have been working together over ten years during the fifth season when he follows her to Grease which would put their first meeting roughly around 1998. Plus Mac tells Stella how he and Aiden worked on a case involving the victim biting her attacker which Aiden remembered and did to leave evidence when she was murdered by DJ Pratt (ah happy days those when originality,creativity, quality and common sense ruled the roost) which would put Aiden's first meeting with Mac before Stella's. So are we all being expected to develop mass amnesia again or mighten TPTB be planning to actually mention the 'S' word ! If so large section's of the audience might just keel over with shock a timeline in CSI:NY actually making sense for once scratch that PV and co actually seeing sense for once and rightly assuming your average CSI:NY viewer can count past 5 years. I'll happily say this again all we want to see if S8 is to be the last is our happy Smacked ending the incredibly long suffering not to mention loyal fanbase deserve that at the very least.It should be blatently obvious that after last season's collapse in the ratings nothing but Smacked will do for us might I suggest that once Mac's finished revisiting his past he's on the first plane/train/bus to New Orleans he can find by skate board if needs be.

3. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I don't think Aiden knew Mac before Stella, maybe Stella just wasn't working that case. They both worked at CSI in September 2001 though, and I'd like them to come back, or be mentioned at least.

I think, if the "NY" PTB asked Vanessa back, she'd come back, but I don't think there is any hope of Melina returning.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't think Melina will return either. I do think Stella will at least be mentioned though. I don't really see how they can get around that. I think its possible that Aiden could be shown if Vanessa wants to and is able to be there, but if she can't or they don't ask her, they may still mention Aiden.

5. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Were we told how old Reed was when he showed up? If so, then we can make a fairly accurate guess as to Claire's age, as she was still in High School when he was born, right?

She'd have to be mentioned at least, but it could be as simple as Mac or somebody in the flashback saying that Stella was lucky to be on a day off/vacation when it all happened.

6. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I *love* you! Being a huge Mac nerd myself ;) I'd placed his DOB as being around 1962 as well, given that he was a 2nd Lt in Beirut, but I hadn't come close to working out his various NYPD dates like you have, I think that sounds very right! I really like that Gary has been pushing for the inclusion of the Wall of Rememberance for two years. Finally it worked!

I consider myself a part of the loyal fanbase and I do not want a Smacked ending. I wouldn't mind a phone call from Stella to see how Mac is doing on the tenth anniversary of 9/11, though. I'd really like to see Jo be there for Mac in the 9/11 episode, I think she'd find a subtle way to show her support and concern for him, and it would be nice to see them interact on a more personal level.

I also don't think the low ratings last season were due entirely to the lack of Stella. In previous seasons *when Stella was there* the show got low ratings. I think maybe some die-hard Smacked fans did stop watching the show after Stella left, which is understandable and fine, but not everyone who watches the show watches for Stella/Smacked, just like there are some fans who don't like DL, there are some fans who don't like Smacked.

People watch this show for lots of reasons. Me, I watch it primarily for Mac.:devil: Because my name is MacsLady, and I am a Mac addict.:lol: I don't mind lookin' at Flack either.:devil: I hope he (Flack) will get some good stuff in s8 too, we haven't heard much about him yet, have we?

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It sounds to me like they're gonna focus on Mac/Claire in the episode so I don't really see them mentioning Stella, but anything is possible. If they do mention Stella then they better mention Aiden.

8. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

They just finished shooting episode 1 but no mention of the new lab tech Hannah? I guess her role isn't that a big deal. Or maybe the role was scrapped. Aren't they supposed to shoot in NY maybe she'll be there? :confused:

Anyway, good to know Mac has a pretty coherent timeline. I dare anyone make Stella one!!! ;) :lol: Hers had been absurd.

I'm hoping for an Aiden cameo or mention! :thumbsup:

9. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Yes, you're right. As far as Reed goes, we've never specifically been given his age either. But since he was in college in s4, and graduated in s6 with *some* level of experience, I'm going to go with that he was a senior in s4/2007 and 21 y/o. Making him 23 in s6/2009, and born in 1986. Which, if Claire was say 17 when he was born, would make her DOB 1969, 7 years younger than Mac, and 32 y/o at 9/11.
    Haha! I know! I was actually kind of surprised when I sat down to work it out at how consistent Mac's timeline was in the show, given how cocked up most of the other characters' are (I keep expecting to see Lucy walk into the lab as a 12 y/o or something...) :shifty: And yeah, sorry, I think I'll pass on that dare :lol:
    ME TOO!!!! I really doubt we'll get a cameo from Vanessa (although I suppose one never *really* knows), but a mention would be nice. She was always one of my top 3 fav characters, and I hated it when she left the show. Her interactions with Mac and Danny were epic! And from the way her and Mac worked cases together, they clearly enjoyed working together and got on in a very simple/up-front sort of way. Kind of makes me think that he liked working with her because she never acted all tip-toe/'I'm-worried-about-you' sort of way. I know that kind of constant attitude from others would drive me up the wall if I was in Mac's place. Sure he had his issues still from Claire's death, but sometimes people worrying and nagging you if you're ok, just makes it all worse. And Aiden never did that. So yes, it'd be nice if there was at least a mention, but tbh, I'm not expecting it in the slightest.

10. Rhunn

Rhunn Civilian

First post (im new,been lurking for ages very shy) Ive been looking forward to season 8 for ages, I would love for Stella to visit the lab just once during this season and tell the team all about her job in New Orleans! and I agree and concur that the First Ep will be all Mac/claire (but i want to see lots of everyone else to!)

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I think the flashbacks will concentrate on each individual character and what they were doing on 9/11, so the composition of the team back then isn't really relevant since we'll be revisiting that day with the current team (if that makes sense). We know from the spoilers that Sid was working in a makeshift morgue (and there was no mention of other main characters in that bit), and Mac thinks back to spending time with Claire. The pictures we've seen have Sheldon (with no other team members visible) in scrubs, and Danny alone on a street. So I think what we'll see is more of a private reflection about where each character was on that day, separate from each other...We'll see, though.

A mention of Aiden and Stella would be nice, but I'm not counting on seeing them in the episode. Maybe a one-sided phone call or something.

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Is anyone else hoping for an appearance by Reed too? He wasn't there on 9/11 but I'd love to see a present-day scene with him and Mac.

13. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Agree. She's pure awesome. My favorite in season 1.

Me. If ever season 8 would be the show's last, I think we should see him, Flack's sister Sam, meet Adam's parents or at least know more about his family or bullying background, more about Jo's and Sid's family and an appearance from Hawkes' girlfriend Camille and Messer family.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  14. Carollouise99

Carollouise99 Victim

Seeing as it looks likes Sheldon isn't an ME yet so probably hasn't met the team, I would love it if he and either Danny or Mac crossed paths at the scene but just walked past each other. By 'all the characters' do you think that includes Adam and Sid? It would be great if in Adam's flashback was in Arizona and his dad was in it but I doubt it. Really looking forward to season 8!

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

8.03 - "Cavallino Rampante"

Back in a bit with a few tidbits...

ETA: Here's some info...

~ Mac is definitely back at the NYPD.

~ A family business of stealing cars takes a bad turn, leaving one of the family members possibly dead.

~ We'll get to see quite a bit of how Danny's adjusting to being a sergeant in this episode. He's briefing fellow officers -- the briefing on the Auto Crime Division kind of ties in with the case that Mac, Jo, Flack, etc. investigate.

~ Not really much else is available to share about the episode. I don't see any mentions of Hawkes or Sid, but that doesn't mean they're not in the episode. :)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.