So That's TWO Times The NY CSI's Have Gotten Lucky

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by ACW1129, Jul 22, 2011.

1. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

Stella when her stalker (the Aresanob guy) couldn't fire the gun, and Mac in the finale. Seriously? I know it's nitpicking, but come on. :rolleyes:

2. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

It happens. People are stupid, and I don't know about you, but I don't like carrying a gun in a purse with the safety off. that's a great way to get shot.
    on the other hand, though.... would you prefer that they had gotten shot? would that have made it more real for you? :)

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Well, Danny and Angell didn't get so lucky, so it's not like guns conveniently fail around the CSIs all the time. Two times in eight seasons isn't so bad.

4. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Actually it's only really once it could be counted as 'lucky'. Mac's gun jammed in the finale, that was luck. IIRC, Stella's gun had the safety catch on which her stalker didn't realize when he tried to fire it. That was gun safety done right (i.e. Stella presumably always left the safety on when not using her gun) and it saved her life.

5. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

How about Horatio Caine. :lol:

6. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

*headdesk* :brickwall: oh god yes..... talk about total and utterly impossible luck...!!! :shifty:
    Couldn't have said it better! And Mac really was lucky! I believe he carries a Glock compact .40cal, and those things are about the most reliable gun you could possibly carry. I have the subcompact .40cal, and it has NEVER jammed on me. Granted, I haven't tried to fire it in a torrential downpour like that... but still... And it was probably why in the moment, Mac was utterly convinced that he was going to die. Not just another close call and situation he could get himself out of. He was going to die. Which was why we ended up seeing him truly rattled for the first time in the show.

So yeah, once in eight years really isn't all that bad... particularly compared to Horatio!!! :guffaw:

7. Carollouise99

Carollouise99 Victim

What happened to Horatio?

8. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Horatio is invincible, at least 5 gunfights an episode and he's actually been shot a grand total of once, nobody gets that lucky. In one episode there's a guy with a super gun that fires like 100,000 rounds at once, he hits Horatio's hummer, it explodes, Horatio climbs out, stands in front of the supergun without a scratch (the same gun that turned a guy into nothing but blood and tiny pieces of skin earlier in the episode) and shoots the guy that fired it, dead.

Then went and got into a gunfight with some guys loading some boxes xP

And while we're on the subject of luck, whats with Eric Delko on "Miami", how many times can that guy possibly get shot in the head before he actually dies? What is it now, 6/7 times?

9. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I was just thinking the same thing!:brickwall:
    that's.... :brickwall:
    simply.... :brickwall:
    impossible....!:brickwall:
    *holds her head* [​IMG]
    *thud*:guffaw:
    But really H has all the luck in the world! :rolleyes: So much so that starting to annoy you!:shifty: I don't think any other CSI character has been 'that lucky'... :rolleyes::)

I couldn't have said it better myself! :guffaw::thumbsup: