Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 31, 2009.

1. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

I love the chemistry between Mac and Horatio, and like you I'd love to see another crossover like the Felony Flight / Manhattan Manhunt one. The three-show crossover just didn't work at all for me; even though it was the same case running through all three, it was pretty disjointed and it somehow came across as three separate episodes rather than one linked story.

As for the gay thing: sorry but I just can't see either of the characters as gay, and I'm not sure it would work on the show as each of them has been in more than one relationship with women. Imo it would be too weird if they both suddenly turned around and said, ooops, actually I'm gay!
    Jude

2. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

Personally, I liked the CSI Trilogy episodes. I think it would have been better if both Langston AND Horatio had gone to New York...and then have Mac, Horatio, and Langston in Las Vegas. *shrug*

...Also, since this is my 50th post (and I wanted my 50th post to be something HC/DC related), I figured I'd post THIS, since I find it absolutely hilarious. Whee!

3. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I saw that video ages ago and it's a cracker

4. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

That's what I meant really - it would have worked better for me if they'd had all three working together across all three episodes.

Oh - and Happy 50th Post!! :guffaw:

5. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

In the first crossover between the 2, the 'chemistry' meter ran hot and high from the moment Horatio announced himself as he walked into Mac's crime scene and it stayed hot when he wore his shades saying goodbye. In Manhattan Manhunt; the most sizzling scene between the 2 was when Mac offered to give Horatio a squad car lights on to La Guardia airport and Horatio just had to gaze back and speak with those incomparable blue eyes. It was sensual and delightful to watch as well as made me eager for more. I could go for them being bi and deciding to pair up- it's great in Fan Fiction and they DO compliment each other very well-they each prove that some things (men included) DO improve with age! I'm with you on this one!

ruby%theheadmen

6. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

There was a great film on last night with David and he looked so young in it but cute as ever and now i'll have to get it on dvd just to watch David again

7. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

If you don't mind my asking, what was the name of the film? I'd like to know if it is one that I already know about or not. Also, if you have to get it, I presume that you liked it.

8. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

It was Rambo First Blood and i'll admit that it's the first time in the film that David cursed by dropping the f bomb and i couldnt stop myself from doing some serious :drool: everytime he was on screen and the film came out in 1982 and i'm gonna get it on dvd cause i want it so bad

9. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Those are great movies, all of the Rambo films. When I first watched First Blood I had no idea who David Caruso was, but now I love it even more :)

10. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

I'm not too familiar with Miami. My mother this year sold her home in Punta Gorda, FL, (north of Ft. Myers). I've only been there one time. From what you folks are posting, Pinecrest would be a great area for the "H" Man to live at.

11. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

Fanilow, Ya Know, I was not aware that David Caruso was in Rambo until my wife told me about it this summer.

12. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

Thank Kaunis. I have seen and do own that one. I also enjoyed DC in it very much. Always on the lookout for a good DC film, I haven't heard of, though.

13. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

Has anyone read the spoilers for the premiere yet? It's starting to sound like Horatio is back storming buildings in the premiere....I sure hope that is not going to happen and we can actually get him in a realistic recovery situation or that he's gonna run around and then suffer the consequences of not resting when he's suppose to....

I just got into the groove of Horatio-can-be-shot and is-not-superman, I really don't want any super-speed recover!!!!

And as for Mac and Horatio, I love their chemistry, they work well together and Horatio fits with the New York crew quite nicely! :)

14. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Yep. Been watching them roll in and trying to withhold judgment until I actually see the episode. But it's danged hard! :confused:

I don't know if it sounds like he's storming buildings :)lol:), but they do seem to have him up and at it again very quickly.

I'm trying to hold on to words I'm seeing like 'struggling' and the pictures that do appear to show Horatio not looking too healthy and/or in pain (the photos of Horatio/Randy).

I've been wanting to see a human Horatio for 3 seasons now. But I'm also used to being extremely disappointed when it comes to the writers on this show.

I'm not a fan at all of the Marisol/Horatio storyline (dislike almost as much as I do E/C). There was no 'connection' whatsoever between those two (imo). No passion or sparks at all. And Marisol's whiney, clingy, little girl persona just flashed the craddle robber sign in neon. I did feel that Horatio married her out of pity rather than love. (I've always wondered if her introduction was a method of tying Horatio and Delko closer together.)

So word that she making an appearance of any kind is making me cringe ... big time! :eek: It's honestly not a scene I'm looking forward to. Again, I'm hoping that David can make it palatable.

I'm apparently one of the very few who believes that Horatio going in after Natalia is plausible. It truly depends on how the actors and director set it up.

If Horatio is concious at all, he knows that Natalia is in a trunk possibly drowning while he's laying there. I just don't see him blowing that off regardless of how badly he's hurt. He's going to make an effort to help her if at all physically possible. He knows he's the only one there who can help.

Comic book? Maybe. But I'll wait to see how it plays out. It's not so much a faith in the writers (I lost faith in them and whether they truly about the characters and quality of this show 3+ years ago.) as faith in David and Eva. There are some actors that can take crap and make it look believable and dramatic. I think those two can.

We may see Horatio up and functioning, but I truly believe (hoping!!) that David will be able to display the struggle, both emotional and physical that Horatio is dealing with.

I'm David's age. Age is definitely a factor these days in illnesses and injuries. I don't spring back up and carry on like I used to. The injury Horatio has is not just a stubbed toe. Whether a person of any age could force themselves to get up and move with an injury like Horatio's is beyond my ability to determine ... I'm not a medical professional. But mortal fear can give you unbelievable strength ... just ask any parent when their child is in danger!

We've seen Ryan beaten to a pulp and he didn't even get a check up. I was suprised that Natalia received medical attention after she was drugged, to be honest. The only people who ever seem to get medical treatment for injuries on this show are Calleigh and Delko ... and you wanna talk comic book and over-the-top? :eek: It's when they portray any injury having to deal with those two! :rolleyes:

I don't want that for Horatio, Natalia, Ryan, Walter or Frank.

I'm truly interested in seeing Natalia deal with this and I'd love to see Horatio and Natalia talk about their shared experience ... but I know that's not going to happen. Only Calleigh and Delko talk about feelings on this show.:rolleyes:

Agreed! I LOVE when those two work together. I'm going to sound like a broken record now ... I'd really LOVE to see the storyline with Horatio's parents come back and force Horatio to return to New York and deal with the aftermath ... with Mac's help.

If that were to ever happen it would cause me to miss Stella even more. I thought she and Horatio had a real connection and I could see her being very sympathetic, while realistic, regarding the circumstances surrounding Horatio's parent's death.

Nice talking to you again, BauerAlmedia! :)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  15. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I'm gonna have to get David's movies now and i've already started getting Gary Sinise's movies so i'll do the same with David though.