Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Fool4love, Nov 21, 2005.

1. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows ~ *NO SPOILERS*

the 7th movie actually, sorry i probably made a typo -i'll check that out :p
    it might be better in a way though, because they probably won't cut as many scenes as they have in the past...maybe not though, only time will tell lol.

haha i hear you with the 3rd Lord of the Rings, i was dying in the theatre, but didn't want to miss anything ! :lol:

2. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

That's weird, because the 7th book is shorter than the 6th... Anyway, I agree with you, because it's kinda ridiculous that the movies had like nothing to do with the books, the stories were quite different in some parts. But I still say that they should do it in one movie, but the 7th movie will be done in like... 2013, maybe? *pout*

ETA:
    JFF, I checked out your reply in the other thread, and you were right, you were talking about the 7th book. ;)

3. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

i know, i mean if they were going to split a movie, i would think the fifth one because it's the longest one...almost 800 pages :borg:
    but i think i can kind of see where they're coming from...i mean the 7th one is the last shot that they get at making a Harry Potter film, so i guess they want to make it 'perfect'. (to the best of their ability :rolleyes:)
    but i found out a temporary release date and the seventh movie is beginning the filming process this month and the first part is expected out around November...February..? 2010 which isn't too bad...right now they're expecting to split the film at about the part where Harry goes into that pond to get the sword of Godric Gryffindor and ron saves him, which seems a little soon..but that might mean they're cutting next to nothing scene wise, and the second part is expected out six months later which would be around May if the first release doesn't get pushed. :hugegrin:
    and now it's said that Warner Bros. are, with JK Rowling, thinking of a way to turn The Tales of Beedle the Bard into a movie...

4. SunsetBoulevard

But how could they split that? I mean... there's no action in the first half of the book (well I don't really remember the book because I've read it only once, but there's nothing but that fake Bathilda Bangshot - Nagini stuff).
    So the first movie would be like: camping, camping, still camping, escaping from the wedding, camping some more, finding the doe, camping, getting Ron back, go to the cemetary and meeting the fake Bathilda bangshot. Oh, that's interesting *loves sarcasm*

5. SunsetBoulevard

This is originally the discussion thread for the book, but now it doesn't make a difference anymore.

Sooo, are we excited? :D I'm re-reading DH now, from where the second movie will start. Did you guys catch the premiere last week on Trafalgar Square? I watched it online and I cried when they said goodbye. This really is the end of an era :(

6. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Oh, God, just seeing this thread pop up nearly killed me. *g*

I haven't seen the speeches yet, but they're all over Tumblr, so I got the gist of them for the time being. I quite nearly cried just from the graphics for it, so, yeah...

I've been listening to the Wrock song "End of an Era" on loop since the premiere. I don't know why I do that to myself. :lol:

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Just saw DH pt 2 last night. Loved it.

Its been great, the books and the movies. I can't believe its over

8. Merlyn007

Merlyn007 Victim

well i simply wanted to watch the end of Voldemort and i enjoyed it as i expected

9. SunsetBoulevard

To be completely honest, I expected a little bit more, because after all, this is the end of an era. I re-read the book a few days before the premiere, and I was kind of disappointed they changed so many things. Obviously, a movie adaptation can never be the exact copy of the book, but they changed really pointless things. Anyway, I liked it a lot, but I believe they could have done better. My childhood is officially over :(