Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by jafox, Apr 25, 2011.

1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Anybody else into this show? If you are a Lord of the Rings fan, or a medieval fantasy fan at all, you should be watching. It's based on the book series and has really been an outstanding show so far. The opening credits are worth a look, if nothing else.
    I haven't read the books, and I was leary about being able to follow the plot, but it hasn't detracted from my enjoyment of the show. The characters and storytelling are riveting. HBO really knows how to do a series justice.
    As an animal lover, the direwolf subplot has totally pulled me in.
    I'm actually glad I haven't read the books, so I am not spoiled as to the eventual outcome. I'm sure there is plenty of tragedy to come, and hopefully some joy. After only two episodes, I'm hooked!

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I've watched both episodes too and I'm totally hooked! It's quite well done. I'm enjoying everything, but I have to admit I'm dying for them to spend some quality time at that giant wall, and the things that are supposedly beyond it. Now that the "bastard" son is there, I'm hoping we'll get to see more of it.

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I'm a little disturbed that I'm still watching and enjoying this show. It certainly isn't for the faint of heart, or those with weak stomachs. This last episode even had me looking away at times. The devouring of the heart, the beheading of the horse, and the head meltdown with the molten gold were incredibly gruesome. Viserys certainly deserved a smackdown, but that was ....disturbing, yet somehow satisfying.

Tarion's pleas to Katelyn were amusing, and a highlight of the episode. :lol:

Ned's discovery is going to set some interesting confrontations in motion. I suspect a battle is looming. I'm happy to be completely unspoiled for this show. It certainly hasn't failed to surprise me, in many ways.

4. BabaOReilly

I'm loving this show more and more each week. I also have a strong stomach. ;)

I have to admit though, I can never remember anyone's name! :p

5. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

This is the first fantasy series I've ever watched. I was so curious about all the buzz it's been getting in the Internet. I watched the pilot and I was impressed! I always turn on closed caption so that I can easily remember names, places etc.

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

This show continues to impress! Another stellar episode this week.

Poor Ned Stark. Does anyone else think that he is a medieval Gil Grissom? He's principled, pensive, fair minded, and absolutely hates the idea of being king. :lol: But, I sincerely hope Joffrey won't last long on the throne. Yikes! What an evil little brat.

A battle's looming; clearly, you don't mess with Drogo's woman!

7. BabaOReilly

I was a little astounded by the sex stuff this week! Wow. HBO has certainly let them do what they want on this show! :lol:

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Wow. This show continues to astound.
    Will someone PLEASE off Joffrey, or at the very least give the pompous brat a good spanking? Although a beheading would be more appropriate, and satisfying.

Can't wait for the finale tonight!

RIP Ned Stark. :( May your honorable legacy survive and your children avenge your painfully unjust death.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Great season finale! Certainly a haunting beginning and ending, setting up next season.
    I will miss this show til next year. It has become my substitute show for LOST. It's hard for me to believe there were only 10 episodes. There was so much crammed into those 10 hours!

A reviewer on ew.com posts wonderful recaps of the episodes, very fun to read. He has also posted a 'Best of the Season' list so I thought I would include them here:

Here's the link to the full recap: http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/game-of-thrones-season-finale/
    If you are interested and have the time, you should go back and read all his recaps from the show. They're great!

10. BabaOReilly

Man, that finale really sets us up nicely for the next season. I'm totally psyched. And thanks for the link above ^^^. :)

Man, I want that boy King dead! Ugh.

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Here is a great interview with George R. R. Martin, author of the book series.
    He discusses the books and the show, and gives a little insight into himself and his inspiration.
    I like how he promises there will be a fitting conclusion to the series even if he were to die before it's finished.
    Interesting guy. :)

http://shelf-life.ew.com/2011/07/12/george-martin-talks-a-dance-with-dragons/

12. Merlyn007

Merlyn007 Victim

[SPAM]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011
  13. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  14. BabaOReilly

ohmigawd omigawd omigawd I am WAY too excited for the first ep tonight! :eek:

15. BabaOReilly

You know, it wasn't as great as I was hoping, but it was still pretty good. And they always go out with a bang and leave you craving more. I love that about this show.