"Rashomama" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Lia

Lia Lab Technician

I LOOOOVED that. Especially the differences in recollections. And how a woman is the cynical one and a man is saying how beautiful everything is. It's just.. ironic. lol.
    AND THEN when Grissom walks through and sees a lady bug.
    Where to start on Greg's.. oooooh man. <33333333

2. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

Yeah I loved the good attention to detail they had here. Like in Grissom's recollection he was being very observant (looking at the brides's earrings, neck, the cake, etc). And in Brass's version he even noticed the waiter taking a shot of the wine. In Sara's version she heard the bridesmaids talk funny-- just another indication of her being cynical. "Can love be real if the flowers aren't?"

Also, seeing them sleep (Sara in some room and Nick on the couch) was cool, cause we get to see them like real people who needs sleep. And Greg's recollection was the funniest, but I enjoyed everyone's version.

Yep, shirtless Nick is icing on the cake. And snicker scenes lol. But I'm not gonna get into that.

3. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

why did they sleep at work? still havent seen in yet...

4. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

They weren't allowed to leave until IAB showed up, which took 14+ hours for them to do so.

5. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

wow. was nick being accused of anything? someone said something about disciplinary actions...
    did grissom and greg also sleep there?

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Sara's choice for napping didn't look the most comfortable- on the hard bench in the locker room. I think Nick had the right idea: the nice, comfy sofa! :)

Am I wrong or did Greg never look tired during the whole fiasco? Ah, youth... ;)

:)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

All I have to say is that GREG is the Funniest CSI of all time!! Oh and the scene with Grissom and Hodges is a classic. I was rolling :lol:!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

BTW, what's the deal with Sara and the lingerie and Nick saying "I thought you'd never ask?" I'm sure some of our "Snickers" have some thoughts about that!!

9. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

^^^Hmmm we had a similar scene in Got Murder? wherein Sara holds up a lingerie and shows it to Nick. Nice continuity if I might add.

10. IvoryRaven

IvoryRaven Police Officer

Just thought I'd pop in here and contribute one of my own favourite moments from this ep that I haven't seen mentioned yet. The part where Brass is interviewing someone, and right behind him the waiter chugging champagne. I didn't see it at first, but when I did I couldn't help but stare and giggle. :D

11. lemon_grass

lemon_grass CSI Level Two

Yeah, except this time it was even more squeeful as Nick blatantly checked her out. :lol:

12. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ And the "I thought you'd never ask" comment! Too funny. :lol:

13. mee1st

mee1st Hit and Run

I can only second that :)
    The episode had all the spark I'd sometimes missed this season.
    Sarah Goldfinger always writes such fantastic stories, and everything was fitting in. The mimics, the lines, the cameras - I even liked that awfully cheesy soft-focus, when they interrogated the guests. The actress who played the victim rather impressed me, I believed her every second, that she was evil :lol:

There were so many gestures and pictures to take in, i.e. what the CSIs saw when they went through the bow (why did they do that, actually? A hidden wish of finding the significant other?) or when the sheriff took a mint, or when Grissom eyed the bride, or when Brass did interrogate the broom - did you notice the waiter in the background, sipping all that leftover champaigne?
    The entire episode got me ROTFL, and though it gave me a little sting here and there - it always was quite clear that it was about a murder case.

I'd almost say this episode was perfect.

EDIT: lollipopsndumdums, I just saw your avatar. it's gorgeous. I envy you :)

14. FlackAttack

FlackAttack Prime Suspect

I really, really enjoyed Rashomama. I love how the writers turned what could have been a very serious episode, with all the evidence missing, into pure comedy. It's those witty episodes when I think CSI is at it's best. It was also nice to see the camraderie between the CSI's again, first at the diner and then later on between Nick and Warrick in the locker room. The two scenes that cracked me up most were when Grissom ever so subtley showed Hodges the door and when Sara asked Nick for a hand and he said "I thought you'd never ask." :lol: And yes, I'm glad Nick cut his hair, I've always liked it shorter.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

I loved the whole episode, I loved the parts of gregs cell phone song, and grissom telling hodges to leave