The Last Movie You Saw - Thread 4

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SunsetBoulevard, May 4, 2010.

1. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I've been watching a few movies this week:

The Nines - This stars Ryan Reynolds and it was quite confusing and it takes a lot to confuse me :lol: Even if it did confuse me I really did enjoy it. I'd recommend it to someone to watch, but I think it's one of those films that you either love or hate.

Green Lantern - I normally don't bother seeing Comic movies on the big screen but I gave it a shot. I'm glad I saw it because I think it's one of the best Comic book movies in a while, I'd say since I've seen Iron Man 1. The casting worked but I didn't really care much for the guy who played the main villain, something about him annoyed me, maybe it was for the reason that I kind of felt for the guy, I don't really know.

Rango - I thought this was a very cute movie. Some of the voices sounded the same to me, but other than that I thought it was alright.

2. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

Ratatouille
    I liked it...a lot! The animation is fantastic, the characters are endearing and the story is interesting.
    Definitely a great family movie.

3. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Ransom - Gary Sinise swearing like a sailor = my idea of heaven and really enjoyed the film and second time i've seen it on tv and best film i've seen this week

4. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I was told by someone on the board that X-Men Origins was a very good movie, I'm glad that I listened to them because I finally got a chance to see it ... and wow. Great cast and great acting, it was nothing like the others (even though Wolverine) seemed really good too me, but this one even put that one to shame. I was shocked by Kevin Bacon's performance, like no role that I have ever seen him play in before. I'll definitely be watching this movie whenever the dvd comes out :)

5. ModernDayDrifter

ModernDayDrifter Lab Technician

Water for Elephants- better then I thought it would be. Good story line, good drama, but if you cant stand watching abuse of any kind Ide avoid this movie. The romance in the movie was good but didnt make me cry but the abuse of all forms in it did, so just a heads up.

Footloose- I saw this movie for the first time when I was reallyyoung and didnt really understand it or like it, so I thought Ide give it another try. Story line was good, didnt care for the girl that played Ariel, not a very good actress. Dance moves in the movie cheap and cheesy. Only thing I did find that i liked bout it was the general story line.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  6. srkn

srkn Victim

[SPAM]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2011
  7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2- Awesome and yet very sad; bittersweet to have the end of that great story. Seeing the final movie really makes me realize it is over.

8. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

OMG I also just saw Harry Potter 7 part 2 :D.

yeah, it does kinda suck; Harry Potter is over; the books and movie adaptations that a lot of people grew up with are both over :(. But overall, it was excellent and well done, I'm so glad they did an amazing job and stayed true to the book for the most part :bolian:.

9. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

I recently re-watched The Outsiders (1983) after many years. When I saw it for the first time I was a teenager, I loved it then and still do today.
    The story is about a gang from 60's and their trouble with another gang. This movie has a very excellent young cast, Rob Lowe, Tom Cruise, Matt Dillon, C.Thomas Howell... and my beloved Patrick Swayze :(:(:(

10. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Saw Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows part 2 yesterday afternoon

There were some parts that I wish had been more close to the book but overall it was good. I was happy to see that Neville got his moment to shine.

11. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 on Friday and I loved it. There were some parts I thought could have been done a bit better but not too many. It was really good and I think a good ending to it.

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

"The Life Of David Gale" A man against capital punishment, is accused of murdering a fellow activist and sent to death row. Intense flick. Kate Winslet is magnificent as the writer who fights for his cause. David Gale is portrayed by the fantastic Kevin Spacey, who's timing is brilliant as always. Laura Linney the fellow activist also fabulous. Good intriguing movie, and the ending WOW:eek:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289992/

13. ModernDayDrifter

ModernDayDrifter Lab Technician

Flatliners- Dark movie, got a creepy vibe to it but still a good movie. Got a really well known cast but at the time they were all just becoming known.

14. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Transformers: Dark of the Moon - A very good movie IMO, lots of action, some comedy, and a good story line. A favorite for any Transformers fan, such as myself. The only bad thing is that everyone in the movie theater was talking.

15. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Paul - The trailer looked promising for this movie, but the two actors really irritated me. I liked the parts with Paul, he was humorous but the supporting actors and actresses kind of were annoying.