George/Nick: Texan Charm #12

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I hope so too. I also hope that they take care of the fallout from last season quickly and then move on to what I hope is more like "normal" CSI.

2. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I hope they mention the investigation in the 1st episode and then move on. No need to drag it out.

3. srkn

srkn Victim

[removed spam]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2011
  4. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

my only concern is what will the fall out be for Nick. I hope he doesn't get demoted or anything.

and this waiting to hear if George has signed is nerve wrecking. I'll guess we'll know soon enough.

5. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Very nerve-wracking. :( Gary Sinise is counting down the days until filming starts again for NY. Times like that, I wish George had Twitter too. :lol:

I like the suggestions in the spoiler thread that maybe Nick is offered a promotion, but declines so he can stay out in the field more.

6. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I can see Catherine taking a demotion to protect Nick, Greg, & Sara. (even tho I don't think Nick did anything wrong - Sara & Greg are a question mark since they did process the actual scene.) I also see a Catherine demotion as putting everyone under suspicion so they have to bring in someone new. I honestly don't even really see Nick being given the chance to turn down the supervisors position (altho I think he would).

Because of the way that the supervisors position has become more of an administrative position than field position over the years (especially recent years) I think George prefers Nick right where he is. :lol: Every once in a while you do his that employee who doesn't want the top job. :thumbsup: :)shifty: even tho we as his fans would love to see Nick as supervisor.)

Susan

7. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I think is a little bit like Grissom in that neither of them enjoys doing paperwork. And when you're the boss that is what takes up your time. So I could see Nick continue as assistant supervisor that way he's still out in the field and a lot less paperwork

8. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I don't think Nick should be demoted - he didn't do anything wrong and he wasn't part of that investigation. Did he really do anything wrong in LA?

Don't they start filming on Monday? Maybe they all resigned and we just aren't going to hear about it.

9. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

yes on the filming part.

I don't think Nick should be demoted either as he didn't do anything 'ethically' wrong in LA. Morally is a different issue. In my opinion I felt that Langston was leading Nick on. I somehow think and hope that Nick wouldn't have done any of that stuff in LA if he were on his own. Langston was just not a good fit for Nick.

I also think some of that stuff that happened at the end of the last year was Nick blowing off steam from the beginning. Nick did seem like a different person some of the time. A more angry man but I guess that's not surprising considering what he went through with Bieber's character. I'm hoping that if George does re-sign we'll see more of the 'happy' Nick instead of the angry Nick.

10. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

That is why I think Ted will be good for the show. I'm hoping he brings some of the lightheartedness back to the show.

11. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

It would be real nice to have the same birthday present as last year so...

To TPTB,
    Tell us already! Has he signed or not? :p

Deep down he knows that Catherine really wanted him to find Ray and take him back to Vegas. But I think both he and Catherine knew that there was no easy way he was going to get Ray on a plane. The only thing I see that can come from his actions in California is a reprimand that will probably stay in his file.

IA is investigating on whether Ray's kill of Haskell was murder, self defense, manslaughter, or whatever. That should be considered a whole different event from what happened in L A. All IA should be concerning themselves with is what happened in that house.

(if anyone's interested - in my opinion if this ever reached a court of law Langston would be charged with Voluntary Manslaughter and not murder. There was more than enough provocation.)

Susan

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

We can make what we want of Nick not being the supervisor and how he will feel about it. What I'm wondering is how George feels about it. Okay, I hope, even tho we're disappointed. :(

13. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

As I said over in the spoiler thread this is what I'm concerned about.

George might agree that Nick shouldn't be supervisor, so he can be out working the scenes instead of staying at the lab the whole time but what does George think about getting a new LEADER of the show in front of his face after more than 11 years of constantly great work?

George earns to be the face of the show and not someone the fans don't even know... that would make me mad, especially after all George has given to the show.

Sadly it was always about the supervisors being the face of the show, but wait... there was Langston/Fishburne. He was no supervisor and still the face of nearly every episode he was on. So I hope it will work out for Nick/George the same way :)

And I kind of like the idea of him not wanting to be supervisor! I like him out there working crime scenes :D

14. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I am beginning to think George was hired to be nothing more than a supporting player and that is all TPTB consider him to be. The same can be said of Jorga, Eric, Paul and even Wally.

Which is a shame, because given a good storyline, George shines and then some.

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Everyone is saying how the supervisory position would keep Nick in the lab. Everyone kinda forgets that Grissom was a supervisor and was out in the field all the time.

Everyone seems to be going by Catherine being a supervisor, BUT Marg wanted less episodes and screentime so...as a supervisor they made her be in the lab more.

So if Nick was promoted to Supervisor I think he would be more like Grissom and would still be out in the field. After all I'm sure George would have say it in. ;) Not to mention he has been channeling Grissom for quite awhile now. :lol:

And yes, I agree that Nick had nothing to do with the Langston killing Haskell investigation. That's all on Brass, Langston, Catherine, Sara and Greg.

Nick didn't do anything wrong in L.A. besides 'cowboying up', but that's our Nick. :lol: Langston had an idea where Haskell was and they just went with it.

As for George renewing his contract, I want to know too! I asked Michael Ausielo and was hoping he would answer that question. :) Still don't get the reason why we can't know. :rolleyes:

I also want to know what George feels about it all. I still remember him saying he wouldn't have been happy with Langston/Fishburne came in as the supervisor, so I would think he would feel the same way about Ted Danson.

However, maybe they have some juicy storylines coming up with this Langston/Haskell fall-out and he's looking forward to that. Or he's pissed and asked to have his character written out. :( I'm hoping for the latter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.