To Spoil or not to Spoil?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by daisymay, Jul 9, 2011.

?

Do you like spoilers?

Poll closed Jul 23, 2011.
  1. Yes, I want to know everything I can look forward to.

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Don't mind either way.

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No, keep me in suspense until transmission.

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Do you like to know what's coming, or not? I've added a little poll, to find out - I know people tend to have strong opinions on this.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I put 'don't mind either way'. I like spoilers, and I like to know some of what's going to happen, but sometimes it can be disappointing to know too much. I love them and hate them at the same time, basically. :lol:

3. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I like to know a little bit about what's coming up, for example, a small summary about the episode or details like, major serial killer or an episode centered around a certain character but I don't like to know too many details so it's something to look forward to. I generally avoid previews and pictures from the episodes as well.

I had to be careful when I first joined the forums because it was shortly after In A Dark, Dark House aired in the US, as it didn't air for another month over here I had to be very careful at what I read so I'll be trying to watch it at the same time as the US for the next upcoming season. So I do like an element of going into the unknown when going into another episode.

4. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I voted for No. I like to know the synopsis of the episode but that is it. Let me be surprised at whats going to happen instead of being disappointed in what could have been.

5. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

Sometimes being spoiled is unavoidable. Especially when one of the three is (inexplicably) a year behind the dates aired in the USA and Canada.
    In the UK we're only a matter of episodes behind with LV and NY, but have been subject to season 7 of Miami twice over (running almost one after the other insanely enough :rolleyes:) and have yet to see season 9 on Channel 5, the regular home of all CSIs.

I have no idea why. Probably just to wind me up :shifty:

6. babydoll

babydoll Victim

I like a bit of both to be honest.

When the season comes to a close and we have like 3 months to kill - then I like to read up on who's leaving who's joining, who's coming back, and what the first few episodes are gonna be like, what the writers have in store for the new season. So this time of year I cannot get enough.

But when it comes to season finale or a character (that we like, of course),'s exit storyline, or when an episode is left on a cliffhanger... I don't want to know anything at all.

Season 5 was the first time I attempted to go spoiler free for the finale, and my gosh was it worth it, Grave Danger was almost entirely unspoiled and I loved every minute of it (partly because it's such a good episode), but it was definitely worth the 8 weeks where I avoided all the CSI forums and news sites etc...

So I like best of both worlds!

7. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

I forgot to say I voted that I don't mind either way.

Grave Danger was spoiler free for me too babydoll, and yes it was seriously well worth it.

In fact I only got to hear/see spoilers when I joined this site :shifty:

:D

8. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I voted for either way. I regularly read spoilers, look at the pics, and watch promos when I can (they don't air after-episode here, and often the YouTube ones are US-only). A couple of times, I've been very disappointed with the episode, feeling that the whole thing was given away in the spoilers, so I guess I like my spoilers to tease, rather than show everything. I definitely want to keep up on who's staying and leaving and overall directions/storylines, so this is a good time of year for lots of information. :)

One thing I do watch out for is mention of cliffhangers - I hate waiting a whole week, so if I know an episode is a cliffhanger, I'll record it and not watch until the second part airs (except seasons finales). During that week, I have to be very careful to avoid the discussion from people who've already seen the episode (which gives everything away).

9. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I just want to generally know what I am about to watch in an episode but not full details about it.The problem is that I watch the episodes one week after they are originally aired in the US so I don't look at the spoilers and the episode discussions during that period...

10. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I like spoilers but I don't want to know everything

If a character's life is hanging in the balance then I don't want to know if the actor/actress has a contract or not, even though it might kill me not knowing

I want to know things like what the case will be about, maybe who's working it and little things like that, if something major happens I want maybe a few nibbles but I don't want to know EVERY detail

11. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I went with 'don't mind either way'. :)

Season 5 was pretty much spoiler free as I was just getting into things and spoilers wasn't the first thing I'd latched onto. ;) Seasons 1 thru 4 I saw well after everything aired and never intentionally looked up anything about the episodes, but I did know some stuff. (Things like I knew Nick's case in 11 Angry Jurors and got pissed at SPIKE for skipping over that ep! :lol:) :) Since season 6 I just seem to have to know everything I can about an episode. It doesn't really spoil it for me. Depending what it is it can make me look forward to it even more.

Susan

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I insist on finding out everything I can.

13. babydoll

babydoll Victim

I second what a few people have said here...

Being British, I don't watch an episode when it is initially aired... granted I get to watch it usually the next day, but not always. The difficulty is, that before the episode is aired, usually the spoilers are not that dangerous, unless it is a big episode then there is a risk of learning too much, or more than you maybe wanted to know.

It's dodging the temptation, after the episode has aired, and before you get to watch it... to read what other people are saying about an episode. Especially in recent years, I have not really cared about the episodes all that much, so I have been frequently tempted to read feedback after an episode to determine if it's worth me bothering to watch it... sadly, this often means I learn who the killer is, or what the motive was, which can spoil the episode entirely for you!

14. Meta

Meta Hit and Run

I'm a sucker for spoilers, so the more the merrier IMO.

15. KittyJ

KittyJ Civilian

It's more or less of a case I am going to get spoilers, because we aren't always at the same point as the US where I am (Australia).
    So I'm going to find info from here what is happening and also from other forums, blogs, sites and boards.
    Personally it doesn't worry me, because then I know if I will like the ep and that in advance!!