Chronicles of Las Vegas (FanFic Series)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Crumbs, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Again, thanks very much for the comments hypered001. Oh, and it's far from over for Greggo, and everyone else. I've got big plans for everyone later in the series. *mwahahahaha* :devil:

Okay, Part Three is now up and ready for reading, as always your reviews are more than welcome.

PART THREE

The fourth and final part to this story will be up sometime tomorrow. Enjoy!

I've got a confession to make, the next story isn't coming along as fast as I'd hoped, I haven't even finished part one and I'm still not entirely happy with it. I better give myself a kick up the arse and get writing then but it should be ready by Friday. ;)

2. hypered001

hypered001 Dead on Arrival

Brilliant as ever crumbs! Though I'm confused about Langston's 'condition', but this may be something I've missed previously on the show (correct me if I'm wrong). One suggestion and it's just niggly little thing, but I feel you use 'urr's and 'urrm's maybe a little too often, although this may just be me being pernickety. Can't wait until tomorrow!:)

3. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

hypered001: As I've mentioned before, you can happily assume that anything striking which doesn't get explained will be revealed in future stories. ;)

Also thanks to GregNickRyanFan for editing the first post of the series. :)

The fourth and final part of Crunch Time is now available.

PART FOUR

Hope you enjoy it and as always your reviews and comments are more than welcome! Don't make me ship in order to get a response! ;)

I'll post a teaser sometime this week regarding the next installment in the series.

4. hypered001

Great as ever crumbs! Can't wait to see what happens with Greg. With regards to my comment about Langston, I meant I wasn't sure if it was something I missed on an episode as I didn't pay much attention to the last episodes of season 11; I didn't realise it was something you had come up with.:lol: I look forward to friday!

5. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

hypered001: Thanks again for your continued support with the story.

I'm not updating today, but here's a sneak peek into what's coming up in Friday's story. :)

1X03 RUSH HOUR - Las Vegas is rocked by a car bomb which kills two people and injures several others. Tensions rise as the team is placed under pressure by the mayor and the threat of further destruction from the renegade bomber.

I can assure you that this will definitely be a more action-packed story than the previous two. Those waiting to hear more of Greg's story might have to wait a little longer I'm afraid but be sure to keep a look out for any more developing arcs, even the tiniest piece of writing may serve as a clue. ;)

6. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

It's Friday, which means a new story today, hooray! :)

Previous Stories: It's not necessary to read them all in order but here's a list of previous stories if you're looking for a starting point.

1X01 A MIDSUMMER NIGHTMARE (17/06/2011)
    1X02 CRUNCH TIME (24/06/2011)

1X03 RUSH HOUR

Summary: Las Vegas is rocked by a car bomb which kills two people and injures several others. Tensions rise as the team is placed under pressure by the mayor and the threat of further destruction from the renegade bomber.

Rating: PG-13 / T
    Warnings: Adult Themes

PART ONE

Part two will be up sometime tomorrow. Feel free to tell me what you thought and hope you enjoy it! :cool:

Link to my FanFiction.Net Profile

7. hypered001

Good stuff as always Crumbs, but this one seems a little messy. Quite a few spelling and grammatical errors and I couldn't help but notice that the car repeatedly changes from a Focus to a Fiesta and back again (maybe that's why it blew up? :D) Also, and this is just my opinion so don't take it ot heart or anything, but I felt the swearing was out of place for CSI. Sure they say ass, bastard, piss, damn and bitch occasionally, but I don't think they've ever used anything stronger than that. As i said that's just my opinion. Can't wait until tomorrow to see what happens next!:thumbsup:

8. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Normally I'd reply with the update tomorrow but I just want to answer you directly right now with what you said.

1. Thanks for spotting out the errors between the cars. I've quickly gone and amended it but the car was a Ford Focus. Better check I haven't made the same mistake in later updates. :brickwall:

2. Spelling errors, I don't know really I'm usually particularly careful with it, but I'll put some of that down due to different spellings between the UK and America. For example we use an 's' in a lot of our words instead of a 'z' or me attempting to give the characters some dialect. :lol: Grammar as well, I'm usually careful with but I'll let a few slide.

3. As for the swearing, I was debating myself whether to include it, but I mainly gave it to the victim to try and suggest the type of character she was. (Hopefully Part 2 should justify it more.) Also the use of the 's' word with the sergeant was down to natural human reaction in my opinion, emphasising the scale of the scene.

The feedback you've given me though has been really encouraging though and I know I sound a whiny bitch responding like this but I'd just thought I'd try and justify some of my mistakes also. :lol:

Thanks again for the continued support! I'm finally starting to get some more hits and reviews on FanFiction now as well so I'm really determined to spill out these stories now! :)

9. hypered001

Aren't we both British? Or have I misunderstood your tea quip on your profile perhaps? In fairness to the spellings I may have thought of some as errors because my spellchecker refuses to stay set to the UK dictionary; also I am myself a bit of an obsessive when it comes to good grammar and spelling, even if my own isn't perfect, so please don't be offended by my comments. Heck, I'll do proof reading for you if you like.:lol:

It's cool I'd probably respond the same way myself, but I honestly really do think that these stories are among the best out there, so please understand that I'm only trying to offer constructive criticism. (Feel free to point out any spelling mistakes I've made!):thumbsup:

10. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

hypered001: Oops, my bad! I presumed you were American which was probably wrong of me to do so seeing as CSI's quite big over here as well. :lol:

Here's part two of four for Rush Hour. Be warned, there be angst in this chapter. :p

PART TWO

Part three will be up tomorrow. Enjoy! :cool:

11. hypered001

I'm loving the new DNA tech! Superbly opposite of Wendy which works well against Hodges and the moment with the finger had me crying with laughter!:guffaw: Nice to see a reference to a certain well-loved bugman too! Hopefully he'll make a cameo or two later in the series.;) Great work as ever Crumbs!:thumbsup:

Also I don't know if you watch it but CSI: Miami season 8 is out on DVD 25th July.

12. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

hypered001: Just a cameo for dear old Grissom? I was planning a little more than that. ;) (oops, I think I might have given too much away.) And I don't watch CSI Miami, I actually just can't stand it and my loyalties lie firmly with Vegas. :)

Anyway, Part three is up for reading!

PART THREE

Don't be shy to leave a review! I'm pretty sure the 400 or so views aren't all from me and hypered! :lol: The fourth and final part of the story will be available sometime tomorrow!

13. hypered001

Brilliant, kept me gripped the whole time.:)

14. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Thanks again for reviewing hypered001. :)

The fourth and final part of Rush Hour is now available. Interestingly I hadn't planned to end it like I have but I've chosen to do so for a good reason. ;)

PART FOUR

Hope you enjoy it and don't forget to review! :)

I'll be back on Friday with a new story, I'll be posting a teaser mid-week as per usual so keep your eyes peeled for it.

15. hypered001

Wow, what an epic ending! I'm curious to see what happen's with Ray too. One slip though; I think the line (It was hard to believe that that had occurred less than half an hour ago.) should be (It was hard to believe that that had occurred only an hour ago.) because the timer started at 60 minutes when Catherine got the anonymous phone call, other than that it's brilliant as ever Crumbs.:thumbsup: