'CSI' Searches For Fishburne's Replacement

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jun 21, 2011.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

As CSI Files previously reported, Laurence Fishburne (Dr Ray Langston) decided not to renew his contract with CSI: Crime Scene Investigation for the show’s upcoming twelfth season. Producer Jerry Bruckheimer told Zap2It that the hunt is on for an actor who can take Fishburne’s place on the crime drama. “We’re kicking around a whole bunch [...]

More...

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Re: ?CSI? Searches For Fishburne?s Replacement

For crying out loud. :scream:

Why do tptb have no confidence in their cast? We don't want someone to replace Fishburne. Put George as the lead.

We are way to vested in the cast to want someone new to come in and lead.

It seems to me they should be more concerned about keeping or finding a replacement for Marg.

Personally, it's a slap in the face to George and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't renew because of it. :rolleyes:

Tptb, such idiots! :rolleyes: Sorry, but they are.

3. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Couldn't agree with you more :thumbsup:

NO NEW STAR, LET THE REST OF THE CAST SHINE!!!!

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

George said at one time" he doesn't understand why people leave the show" I think he is rooted in CSI, and will sign on for S/12. It's not a slap in the face he probably will be the lead/supervisor, so that will be step up for his character. What if William Petersen is wooed back? He was the lead for 9 years and then LF was. I guess they, the TPTB want a full cast as it has been since the beginning. So far the show has been excellent, with the way they've presented it to the fans. And if Mr. Bruckheimer wants a new person then so be it:thumbsup:

5. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I don't undestand why George Eads can take the lead. I think he can do it. He prove it that Nick is a supervisor Assit. I hope they find the right one. I know fans want Grissom back. William doesn't want to come back unless they ask him do for guest star like he did on Mrs. Grissom and Mrs. Grissom.

6. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

I personally would love to see George Eads more in the focus. At least he's fully committed and stated in an interview once that he'll stay until the show ends. That's very admirable, because I imagine not every actor likes to play the same role for so many years now.

I also don't wanna see a new (lead) actor coming in to take LF place. Sure, a new character would be refreshing, but not one that starts as a rookie and turns into another Langston.

Too bad Liev Schreiber's character died, because he was beyond amazing and I would have loved to see him back! The only one I could imagine at this point.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think they should make George the lead male and forget about a new lead male character. Ratings have shown that the majority of Nick episodes did very well. A lot of fans were annoyed that they didn't bump up George as lead after Billy left. Now they're going to make that same choice again? They never learn! Yeesh! I mean even CSI Miami bumped up secondary female character/actress Calleigh/Emily to the lead female actress/character after Kim Delaney left the show.

They don't need a new team member if they're already getting a new one in Morgan or whatever her name is. One member leaves, a new one joins. The number of members will be the same with Langston gone and Morgan coming in. Why do they need another new member? I mean unless Sara leaves too. But we don't need a new male lead because we've got George and he can pull it off. He's proven that time and again because of how well the episodes he led scored in the ratings. TPTB need to have more confidence in their cast.

What I think is that they can get a new team member, but refer to them as a replacement for Langston as a CSI 2, not a replacement for LF as lead actor. We do not need a new lead actor. We can have a new character as long as they aren't the lead one. George should become lead actor and Nick should become lead male character.

I agree with this completely.

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

:wtf: Seriously? Look, a new big name isn't going to make people who haven't watched in 12 years all of a sudden become a long term fan of CSI. And the current long term fans want the current cast to lead the show. THEY are what will keep us watching and THAT is what will keep the show on for "quite a bit longer".

9. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Leave the cast alone.

Let George take his rightful spot as lead. If, godforbid, things don't work out then fine look for someone else but until you try you'll never know will you. Are you still punishing George for being late????????????????? Let bygones be bygones. Do the right thing and make George Eads the lead!

10. GregNickRyanFan

Just saw the EW article where they were suggesting Jimmy Smitts for CSI. I hope that doesn't happen. I am not a fan of him at all and I think I'd actually have to stop watching the show if they cast him for a lead role. To be honest, I'd rather have Ray back than have Jimmy Smitts on there. I do not think he would mesh with the rest of the cast and he would not be right for the role. If they are going to add another guy to the show, I'd rather it be someone like Rob Morrow or Eric Close (since Chaos is apparently not getting a second season).

It's too bad Richard Dean Anderson doesn't want to do another tv show regularly. I think he would be a good choice (if they have to have a replacement) but personally I think they should just let the original cast carry the show... at least give them the chance, let them prove that they are capable.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  11. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Where did you see this, do you mean the spoiler thread, or what?

Agreed :thumbsup:

12. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, in the spoiler thread. Couldn't reply there cause the thread is closed lol. I misread though. I thought it was tptb at CSI who were considering him, but then I read the article and realized that wasn't the case (thank the Lord). I've changed the quote above as well as my original post. :)

13. Desertwind

Here's a article from Inside TV, about possible candidates. Now I don't know if CBS is even considering these people but a intersting bunch~Jimmy Smits is a great actor and has had two flops in a row "Cane" and "Outlaw", and he is a good actor, but is he really even in the running? And Ethan Hawke, another too big of a star and more moolah, which is one of the reasons maybe TPTB and LF couldn't come to an agreement:confused:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/08/laurence-fishburne-csi/

14. Desertwind

A couple more suggestions, Chris Cooper or Ed Nelson, both seasoned actors and not really big screen stars, but always good in every role they play~

15. GregNickRyanFan

Who and who? I don't believe I've ever heard of either one of them.