Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Not spoilerish, sorry if I got anyone excited

They're going to start playing reruns in CSIs new timeslot- Wed at 10 :)

From CBS Express

Wild Life- Thurs, June 23
    418/427- Wed, June 29
    Pool Shark- Thurs, June 30
    Man Up- Wed, July 6
    The Two Mrs. Grissoms- Wed, June 13

Glad they're doing that, I need to get used to the new timeslot

2. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Thanks for the heads-up Sharp!

My dvr picked up Wild Life on Thursday, but I'll have to follow up on the others, which should be there automatically. Glad to see they will keep on with the reruns after Big Brother airs!

I think I will handle Wednesdays just fine, I'm already watching for CM, I will just have to wait an hour longer, although it will be a night early :)

Too bad they can't run them in order though! :p :lol:

3. Micha

Micha Rookie

The Two Mrs. Grissoms airs July 13...(Episode 11.13)
    *Counting*... Well that means Season 12 starts September 21.:thumbsup:

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Unless it's delayed like season nine was, that is definitely the projected air date.

5. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

*counting* Good. Rosh Hashana is the 28th ;) At most, I'll be delayed in ONE episode.

6. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Even though some fans are getting excited for a Sqweegel:( return next season I'd rather see Ellie come back for an episode. It's been forever since she was last mentioned and I want to know more about what she has been up to for the last couple of years. Hopefully, she's cleaned up...slightly.

And what happened to that new detective that was in a couple of episodes in the last season? I'm kind of hoping she doesn't come back because she's stealing all of the potential Brass scenes and Brass doesn't have that many potential scenes to be giving them away.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

From the latest TV Guide, dated June 20-July 3~ huge article but some tid-bits from it are~

IF YOU BELIEVE all of those doomsday predictions, the world is set to end in 2012. But the broadcast networks are bracing for a different kind of apocalypse next year, as several prime-time staples appear ready to call it quits. Aging favorites like House, CSI, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy and Law & Order:SUV seem to be nearing the end of their lifespans, with ratings declining and costs rising. Furthering these shows' slides are the seismic casting shifts that rocked the industry in recent weeks .CSI's Laurence Fishburne and SUV's Christopher Meloni and House's Lisa Edelstein all chose not to renew their contracts. On CSI aging one rival said "I was surprised all three CSI's came back this year" Any of the three could go.CSI:NY is the lowest rated, but CSI could be in danger now that Fishburne is out and Marg Helgenberger has reduced her appearances. Fishburne was "eager to get back to films", and that CBS was likely fine with letting the expensive actor go. CBS/CSI will shift from its longtime Thursday home to Wednesdays this fall. And as it enters it's 12th season, CSI has lost half of it's audience from 2004-2005 peak. That's a sign that it might be time to call in the TV forensics team~

Michael Schneider TV Guide writer~

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  8. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Oh I hope CSI doesn't end in 2012, I already have one show that will probably end in 2012 :( unless a miracle happens, and another that I think is time for it to go

First everyone else needs to sign up for season 12, then I think if the writers can hit the right notes with Morgan, and make George the lead instead of bringing in another star, I think the show will be fine, but that's just me

9. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Now I don't know whether it's relevant to whether the show gets cancelled or not but CSI still managed to rank 12th this year overall in terms of average viewers which is still pretty damn good. Even in the 18-49 demographics it's ranked reasonably as well, I reckon it's still got a couple of seasons left. Sure, the ratings have dropped but the show was a monster when it was at its peak. It appears to now be doing 'just as well as a lot of shows' which will keep it up. I could be wrong though I really don't understand the ratings. :lol:

I still think it'll last at least a season longer than its spinoffs as well. I'd definitely like them to get up to 300 episodes. (Partly to make up for the 200th abomination as well. :p )

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think Vegas has several more years left in it. I don't think cast changes necessarily mean the end considering how many cast changes ER had and it lasted 15 seasons. I'd like CSI Vegas to get at least that many or one more.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  11. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

But ER was a prime time soap opera. Cast changes just stirred the pot and kept the plots thickening. CSI is at its best when it's a crime drama, with stories contained in the episode.
    LaSquisita

12. quaderas1

quaderas1 Victim

[spam]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
  13. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I wonder if by "cost rising" they're talking about the cost of production in general or the rising cost of keeping the actors happy. Either way, I've accepted the fact of CSI's final bow happening in the next five to ten years. CSI isn't L&O.:lol:

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Not really spoilers, but just wanted to let you all know that I just got off the phone with CBS and that is NOT an official one-sheet. Did not come from CBS.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Not to mention we already know LF won't be there next season and this sheet has him listed as returning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.