C.S.I Own Risk

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by C.S.I Rookie57, May 2, 2011.

1. C.S.I Rookie57

C.S.I Rookie57 Victim

Back in the small apartment. The whole apartment in almost darkness. The front room is quite dark. The only light coming from a small lamp siting on a desk. Sitting in a nice comfy chair sits Sara Sidle. She has hold of the report from Los Angeles. Her focus is completely on the writing as she reads carefully. She is still wearing her pajama pants and tank top she wore for bed before. Most of her body has sunk into the chair as she continues to read through the report. She had begun reading on page 16 and was already up to page 41. She was a fast reader. She had completely forgotten about the nightmare she had before. She was to busy reading the report. She thought to herself. Some of the tests they had been performing in Los Angeles would seriously help alot of cases get made with brand new evidence methods. However the board for crime scene investigation techniques had yet to give the go ahead or denie the working test methods yet. There needed to be alot more practices before they would allow the tests into the boards. Sara however had read some of the cons aswell from the tests. The tests were not 100% effective and needed more testing and practical results first.

She turned the page reaching over for her glass of water. She grabbed the glass of water and took a sip of it. She placed it back on the table. She just begun reading the next few lines at she phone started to ring. She glanced over reaching for it. The name flashing on the screen was Gil Grissom. Suddenly a cloth comes over Sara's mouth as standing behind the seat is a masked figure all in black standing in the shadows. He places his other hand over her chest trying to stop her arms moving. Sara tries to breath but smells the choroform on the cloth over her mouth. She struggles with all her might. Her legs kicking the table over sending everyting falling to the floor. In the same movement she throws her arms back pushing the masked figure away from her. She falls foward to the floor free of the masked figure's clutches. She hits the floor seeing her phone has flipped open automaticlly answering the call. She screams.

SIDLE: Grissom! Help!!

Back at the labs Grissom is heading down the corridor with Nick Stokes. Grissom has his phone to his ear. He is giving Sara Sidle another ring. The phone had rang twice when he heard a click. He had called out Sara twice but got no answer Nick Stokes had stepped closer to the phone as Grissom had held it out wondering why she hadn't answered. Then they both heard it loud and clear. A muffled bang and then Sara screaming "Grissom! Help!!". Both Grissom and Nick Stokes looked at each other. The horror on both their faces showing the agony of what they had heard.

Back at the apartment. Sara gets straight onto her feet looking round her apartment. She spots her Beretta on the bed side table and begins to run into the bedroom for it. The figure charges after her. Just as she gets into the bedroom the masked figure tackles her to the floor. She falls hard landing on her elbows. She screams trying to pull herself up.

SIDLE: Ahhhhhh!

A hand quickly comes over her mouth. She smells the choroform again on the cloth. She tries to not breath. She reaches out trying to reach for her Beretta on the night stand only a few feet away from her. The smell is so over powering. She takes a deep breath reaching again. She is trying to kick out with her legs but to no use. The smell becomes to much for her and her eyes close. Her whole body goes limp as her head drops down to the floor.

2. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Wow wow wow

Even more fun o_O

3. C.S.I Rookie57

C.S.I Rookie57 Victim

Outside Sara Sidle's apartment down the hallway Jim Brass stands his weapon raised with another officer. Behind him is Nick Stokes. Stokes also has his weapon raised. Grissom is at the back of the group Grissom has his silver CSI kit in his hand. Brass nods over to the officer and they both head over to the door. The officer stands at the side of the doorway as two more officers come down from the other side. One office covers the other side of the doorway with his weapon as the third officer swings a battering ram at the door. The door smashes open. Brass instantly scanning the room and heading inside. The two officers follow him in Nick Stokes comes in behind them weapon raised. One of the police officers checking the kitchen as Jim Brass and the officer check the front room. The officer from the kitchen shouts.

OFFICER1: Clear!

The second officer checking the front room with Brass shouts.

OFFICER2: Clear!

Both Brass and the second officer aim their weapons into the bedroom. Nick Stokes heading in closely behind them. They all hug the walls as they see the bedroom is empty. Brass nods over to the Officer and Stokes then over to the bathroom door. They both head over. Stokes covers the right side as the officer covers the left. Brass steps inbetween them and pushes the door open. The bathroom is small but empty. Grissom is heading into the front room as Brass comes out to him.

BRASS: She's not here! Who ever got her she's gone!
    GRISSOM: Ok Brass. Clear the crime scene.

Brass points to the other two officers to leave as Grissom steps past him and looks round the front room. He walks over to the table looking down at it. The table completely tipped over. All the items on the table are all over the floor. Grissom crouches down putting his CSI kit down next to the table. He flicks on his small light and begins to pull a set of Latex gloves out his kit putting them on. He shines the light over table at the mess on the floor. Then he turns shinning it into the bedroom. Nick Stokes is standing there with his hands on his hips next to the bathroom door.

STOKES: God damn it!

Grissom stands up and walks over to Nick Stokes. Holding his pen light down as to not blind him.

GRISSOM: Nick?
    STOKES: We was so close Grissom!
    GRISSOM: I know Nick.
    STOKES: Now he's got Sara too!
    GRISSOM: Nick i need you with me now to process this scene. Can you do that?

Nick Stokes takes a deep breath fighting back the tears forming in his eyes. His face a little red from getting so emotional. Grissom nods at him. Stokes reaches into his CSI Sleeveless jacket and pulls out his small pen light. He turns off heading into the bathroom to look round. Grissom turns back round to the table and heads back over. He reaches down picking up the wet report from Los Angeles. A glass has smashed on the floor and there is also some see through liquid on the floor aswell. Grissom takes out a swab and swabs the water once he has put the wet report into a brown paper bag. Nick enters the bathroom and begins scanning the room with his pen light. The sink, shower and toliet are all empty. He turns to walk out when he spots something on the tiles on the floor. He crouches down. It's a see through liquid. He pulls a swab out his jacket and swabs it. The liquid is right next to the shower curtain. Nick Stokes comes out the bathroom to find Grissom at the bottom of the bed. He is swabbing a small blob of white goo on the floor.

STOKES: I found some clear liquid on the floor of the bathroom.

Grissom turns round he spots Sara's mobile phone laying on the bed. He walks over to it remembering it had been cut off about a minute after they had heard Sara Sidle scream. Grissom steps over picking the phone up. It's still open. Nick Stokes walks over and takes out a small finger print brush and a tub of powder. He opens the tub and rolls the brush in it. He then lightly brushes over the buttons on the phone. Grissom and Stokes watch as the powder doesn't pull up a print. Both their hearts drop. The person must of wiped the phone clean. Grissom turns the phone over to find some of the powder has stuck to something. Nick Stokes brushes over the side of the phone to bring up a print. It's only a partial print but both Grissom and Nick are sure it's the print they were after.

4. modisens

modisens Victim

[spam]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011
  5. C.S.I Rookie57

C.S.I Rookie57 Victim

Back at the labs Grissom is inside the lab area. He is stood up holding the phone in his latex gloved hand. He is trying to bring the fingerprint up more. He is very carefully adding more powder to the weak partial on the side of the phone to try and strength the fignerprint before they can scan it through the system. The lab is busy with activity as workers are walking round talking, exchanging files and notes. These people have been working round the clock to asisst the Crime Scene Investigators in any way they can. Meanwhile on the other side of the labs Nick Stokes is trying to reform the glass that must of been smashed during the struggle in Sara's apartment. The job was slow and painstaking but he had to do it. Once the glass was fully reformed he could try and dust it for fingerprints. The glass itself had smashed into at least 40 peices. He had managed to put about 10 of them back together. He had started from the bottom of the glass which was always the most thickest part and very rarely broke in a fall.

Grissom had finished with the fingerprint on Sara's mobile phone. He took the phone over to the desk and placed it down. He then took out a tape lifter and carefully pressed it over the finger print. Once he pressed it down enough he carefully lifted the tape off and placed the card under it pressing it down. He turns and heads over to the finger print scanner and opens it up. He places the finger print down on the scanner and shuts the scanner lid. Grissom sits down and clicks the computer screen to upload the new print. He watches as the print is carefully scanned over onto the computer. Once the print has completely been scanned across. He then clicks on find. As Grissom takes off his Latex gloves and puts them in the bin the computer takes 7 points of refence from the partial print and begins scanning through the thousands of people on the database looking for a match. Grissom quickly gets up and heads out through the doorway and round the corridor over to where Nick Stokes is processing the glass.

Nick Stokes takes another peice of glass and begins to try and fit it into the broken glass as Grissom walks through the doorway.

GRISSOM: How are we doing?
    STOKES: It's going to take me a little while longer. How about the print on the mobile?
    GRISSOM: It's still scanning through the database. No hits yet.

Grissom takes a pair of Latex gloves and begins to put them on as Conrad Ecklie walks through the doorway. Conrad Ecklie is in his late 50's and bald on the top of his head. He has short brown hair on either side of his head. He is wearing a grey jacket with matching pants and black shoes with a brown t shirt.

ECKLIE: Grissom! We have a problem!
    GRISSOM: And what problem would that be Ecklie?
    ECKLIE: I need a CSI for a 419 that has just come in!
    GRISSOM: Well Ecklie were short staffed! You take it!
    ECKLIE: I have to be hands off this one! And i have been ordered to send a CSI!
    GRISSOM: Why Ecklie?
    ECKLIE: Because the person dead is the Major!

Grissom stops for a second. He lifts up his head looking over at Ecklie.

ECKLIE: Grissom! I don't like this anymore than you do!

Grissom then turns looking over at Nick Stokes. He shakes his head.

GRISSOM: Nick. You find out what happened to the Major and get back to me as soon as you can. It's your case!
    STOKES: Son of a.......

Nick Stokes turns looking at Ecklie. He rips his gloves off and storms out the room. Ecklie turns to Grissom.

ECKLIE: You need anything? Call me!

Ecklie turns round and heads out of the room Grissom finishes putting his Latex gloves on and heads round to the other side of the table where Nick stood and begins working through the glass fragments.

6. flashsite

flashsite Civilian

[spam]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2011
  7. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Ooh I didn't miss too much :)
    That's good. Liked last chapters. Can't wait for more. I'm hooked :)

8. C.S.I Rookie57

C.S.I Rookie57 Victim

A large house on Cormwell Street. It's one of the areas for the rich and famous to live. Outside there are a bunch of Police Patrol cars. Most of the officers are holding people back from trying to get in. Also the T.V reporters have gotten wind of the murder of the Mayor and have come down to try and get some story and pictures. There are two officers talking by one of the police cars as Jim Brass walks away from them as he see's a CSI black Land Rover pull up. Nick Stokes gets out the driver's door and heads round to the boot. He opens the boot pulling out a camera he puts round his neck and his CSI kit. He turns round looking at the house. The Mayor's house is massive with large greek style pillars either side of the front door. Most of the building looked like it could of been built in the Greek times. Nick had been in Las Vegas long enough to know that if rich people wanted to live in Greek buildings they could afford too and they would. Nick Stokes shut the boot and began walking up past the Land Rover towards the front of the house. All the camera flashes going off behind him from the photographers. Jim Brass got to him just before he got to the steps. Nick turned to Brass.

STOKES: I can't believe this! Greg, Warrick and Sara are all missing and Ecklie has got me working a different case!
    BRASS: Hey i hear yer! He forced me to take this one too.
    STOKES: Well Ecklie's a pain we know that. Lets see if i can't close this case soon and get back to Grissom.

They enter inside the house walking through the open front door and into the front room. The body of the Mayor is laying face down in his blue silk robe. He has a wound to the back of his head. There is blood under his body from the head wound. Nick steps forward takes pictures of the body as Bras talks.

BRASS: All we have is his wife says she woke up to find him missing from the bed. This was roughly 1:30. She put her robe on and went downstairs thinking he had gone to get himself a drink. As she entered the front room she found him like this.
    STOKES: Did she go to or move the body in any way?
    BRASS: She says she ran up to her husband and lifted his head off the floor and held it in her arms before heading to the phone and calling 911. She also has some blood on her robe.
    STOKES: Am going to need her clothes too.
    BRASS: She is outside with the officers. I'll go and see to it.

Brass turns round and heads out the front door. Nick takes a couple more pictures of the body then opens his kit and puts his Latex gloves on. He crouches down looking closely at the body. He pulls out his little pen light and clicks it on flashing it over the body. He gets out a swab and takes a swab of the blood on the carpet. He then shines the torch light round the sides of the body. He spots some tiny droplets of blood heading away from the body. He takes a couple of markers out his kit and places one down next to a small tight pattern of three blood droplets. He takes a picture then steps past it spotting two small round blood droplets ahead. He puts the second marker down taking a picture. He heads down the corridor spotting five more closely grouped blood droplets halfway down the corridor. He places another marker down and takes another picture. There are two small droplets on the kitchen floor leading to the waste bin. He places another marker down taking a set of more pictures. He turns round flashing his pen light round the kitchen looking for anymore droplets.

9. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Very interesting case, I'm looking forward to seeing how things begin to resolve themselves but it's not looking so good for Warrick, Greg and Sara!

My only criticism is that you appear use 'am' a lot instead of 'I'm', for example:

That's pretty much the only thing which is bugging me about the story, I know, I'm picky. :lol:

I like to see stories focusing on cases though and not delving into fluffy/shipping territory and yours is looking good thus far. I'm looking forward to seeing more! :)

10. C.S.I Rookie57

C.S.I Rookie57 Victim

Back at the labs Gil Grissom was almost finished putting the glass fragments back together. They lab had quietened down from before. He had four peices left to put together. He had checked on the fingerprint running through the database but it had still not found a match. He was so focused on putting the glass back together he did not see Conrad Ecklie coming down the corridor and to the open doorway. Grissom continued as Ecklie watched him for a while. He put another two peices of the glass back into place and moving them round trying for different sides. Grissom then spoke up.

GRISSOM: What is it Ecklie?
    ECKLIE: I was wondering if you had any new leads on the kidnapping case?
    GRISSOM: Well Ecklie considering am now the only CSI working on it cause Nick is working on your Mayor's case. It's taking longer to work through the evidence than normal.
    ECKLIE: Well where is Catherine?
    GRISSOM: Catherine has a family emergency!
    ECKLIE: Call her! Get her in here! We need all hands on deck tonight!
    GRISSOM: And what will you be doing Ecklie?
    ECKLIE: Making sure everyone is doing their work!
    GRISSOM: Didn't you used to be a CSI once?

Ecklie smiles a small casual smile and turns. He begins heading back out the doorway. He shouts back to Grissom.

ECKLIE: Get Catherine in here now!

Grissom stops and takes off one of his Latex gloves. He takes out his phone walking away from the table and opens his phone pressing two on his speed dial. He put his phone to his ear and waited for Catherine to answer. After two rings there is a click.

GRISSOM: Catherine. I need you in work.......

Over the phone Grissom hears a message began to play. His heart sinks.

VOICE: Are you looking for Catherine Willows? Well she is a little tied up right now. Sorry Grissom.

Grissom freezes as the call cuts out. He stands there looking down at the phone. They had got them all. Catherine, Warrick, Greg, Sara and.....NICK! Grissom quickly speed dials 5. He puts the phone to his ear. After three rings Nick picks up. Grissom speaks quickly.

STOKES: Yeah Stokes!
    GRISSOM: Listen to me carefully Nick you have to get out of there! It's a trap!

Grissom hears the phone cut off. He lost him. He lost Nick too!

TO BE CONTINUED.....

CSI CREDITS ROLL OVER THE SCREEN WITH WHO ARE YOU PLAYING.

11. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Good stuff! I'm looking forward to seeing how (or if) they get out of this mess!

Can't wait for more! :)

12. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Wow wow wow! Whoa! :eek:
    I'm curious to see what's gonna happen. It's so exciting:eek:

13. C.S.I Rookie57

C.S.I Rookie57 Victim

Awww thanks BlueDiamondstar and Crumbs. I am glad you are both enjoying it so much.

But you still have the second half of a two part epsiode yet to go.

I do like to try and keep my stories as how you would watch an episode of the show. So i like to keep the ideas of romance out of it for the most part.

But do like what C.S.I does and drop little hints now and again to keep the viewer wanting more or thinking that something could happen btween those two.

14. C.S.I Rookie57

C.S.I Rookie57 Victim

OWN RISK PART 2

The Las Vegas skyline shown from five different angles in flashes. It shows some of the water features the Prymiad hotel, Athena's Palace hotel, and a sign board for tonight's show on one of the biggest Las Vegas stages. Back at the Mayor's house Nick Stokes is checking round the kitchen. He has not found any other evidence apart from the blood trail to the kitchen in the kitchen area. He has just finished checking the work tops for any signs of blood or blood splatter but there is nothing. He has already checked the rest of the kitchen floor. He turns back round flashing his small pen light over at the blood droplets. Right next to them is the bin. Nick Stokes walks over and crouches down putting his hand in the bin. He moves bits of wrapers and find a white dish cloth. He pulls it out and see's there is some blood on it. He opens one of his pockets on his CSI sleeveless vest and pulls out a plastic bag. He puts the dish cloth in and just seals the bag when is phone starts going. He pulls one of his Latex gloves off and reaches into his jeans pocket pulling out his phone. He see's it's Grissom calling and flicks the phone open putting it to his ear.

STOKES: Yeah Stokes!

Over the phone he hears Grissom in a panicked voice say.

GRISSOM: Listen to me carefully Nick you have to get out of there! It's a trap!

Before Nick even hears the last three words his mind is in action. He stands up turning quickly for the kitchen doorway. He flicks his phone shut pulls his Beretta. He holds the Beretta out at arms length as he walks for the doorway of the kitchen. As Nick steps through the doorway with the Beretta out infront of him a metal pipe is brought down smashing into the Beretta in Nick's hands. the Beretta slides out of Nick's hands across the floor. As Nick stumbles out into the corridor. Nick turns round and takes off running for the open front door. The masked figure running up the corridor right behind him. Nick's legs pumping to move him quicker faster. Just before Nick makes it to the doorway the lead pipe comes down on the back of his head. The blow sending Nick forwards through the doorway as Nick stumbles and falls onto the grass outside he shouts over to Brass.

STOKES: Brass! The killer's inside!

Brass has his weapon out ready and is by Nick's side within seconds. Nick is laying on the grass holding his head. As two other police officers come over to Nick with Brass. Nick pulls his hand away from his head to see a small amount of blood. Brass crouches down next to Nick.

BRASS: Nick are you ok?
    STOKES: Yeah am ok!
    BRASS: Get a medic over here now! You stay with him!

One of the officers stays with Nick and calls dispatch for medic. Brass and the other officer quickly head inside. Brass and the officer quickly bypass the front room as they hear a noise from the back of the house. Brass heads froward down the corridor stopping at the kitchen doorway as the officer moves over to the other side of it. Brass nods and they both head in swinging their weapons round. They walk in carefully checking everywhere. Brass walks over to the back door from the kitchen into the back yard. The door is partly open. He lowers his weapon looking out into the long back garden. The look on Brass's face showing the anger for not catching him. His phone begins to ring. He reaches in his jacket and pulls it out answering it.

BRASS: Brass.
    GRISSOM: Nick's in trouble! The crime scene's a trap!
    BRASS: It's ok. Nick got out. He took a blow to the head. But he's safe.
    GRISSOM: What about the killer?
    BRASS: He got away!

Brass closes his phone and puts his it away. He turns round putting his weapon back in the holster. Brass heads back through the house to the front door to see how Nick is doing. It goes to darkness as Who are you begins to play.

15. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Phew... Good that Nick's alright... For now.