George/Nick: Texan Charm #12

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I agree with all of that! :)

You know, I watched some of it last night (because the stupid cable was frozen, but that's another story), and I have to say I think his best acting in the whole thing was at the end when Nick went to see Kelly. I mean, it's been how long since it happened? Not sure, but long enough that he's healed physically, and yet he's still very emotional about it all. He did an amazing job with that scene!

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I agree with everyone. It just goes to show you the character that Nick has. I mean here he was kidnapped and buried alive because a father was upset his daughter was in prison.

No matter that its his daughters fault she got into the predictament, but whatever.

But despite what happened, he still went to the daughter to try to 'help' her. "Don't take it with you." You can tell Nick was talking to himself as much as for her.

And maybe, just maybe, it gave Nick a sort of peace with it all and allowed him to go on.

3. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I think going to talk to Kelly most certainly helped him move on. And yes, I agree, telling her to not take it with you was probably meant for himself too. Maybe he needed to hear it out loud.

4. Smokey

Yeah...it ticked me off that we didn't get more resolution in Season 6. Especially when I was watching the "Season 5 Post Mortem" stuff on the extras and they were talking about putting Sofia in there with Grissom, the flirting between Cath and Warrick, how some fans want more character stuff and some don't etc. Seems like they should be more in touch with how the fans feel about stuff like that, but I guess there is no law saying they have to give it to us. :lol:

5. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I gathered it was George that wanted it done and over with though. I was certainly disappointed in the 'it's over line' in Daddy's Little Girl but we all know how dedicated George is to the roll. He may not wanted it drawn out. I think the only time we've had mention of it since was the cross over episode with Without a Trace. Now I'm sure Nick would love to forget the Kristy incident :rolleyes: Not the fact that she's dead but the fact that it occasionally keeps coming back up.

6. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Hmm...I don't remember - how was it mentioned in the Without a Trace crossover ep?

7. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

When the team and Jack were talking about kidnappings, Grissom said that it's just random sometimes and Jack replied "Have you ever tried telling that the parents of a child who's been kidnapped?" and then Grissom said yes and then Jack asked "How did that work out for you?" and then they showed Nick. It wasn't an obvious reference, but it was a good reference nonetheless. :thumbsup:

8. Smokey

Yeah, I can see George wanting to end it, but he should think of his fans! ;) :lol: Actually, I remember the writers (?) on the "Shooting Stars" commentary saying they didn't want to drag it out. Again I say...listen to the viewers! :lol:

I had forgotten about the "Without a Trace" reference...probably because I haven't ever watched those episodes besides the first time they were on. :p

Anyway, on Nick seeing Kelly, I think besides wanting to help her he just wanted some sort of closure, and since Gordon was dead and she was the reason for what he did, going to see her kind of resolved the "why" of it for him.

ETA: Okay wait...now I remember that scene. I don't think I connected it to GD, maybe because Nick just seemed amused that Jack was talking to Grissom like that.

9. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I always wondered if that was a reference to Nick and Grave Danger..

10. Smokey

I'm going to have to watch it again. I remember being amused at how amused Nick was in that scene, which is probably why I didn't make any connection to GD.

I think they missed the mark in "All that Cremains" when Hodges said something to Nick about not wanting to be "six feet under". That made me cringe. Seems like since they put a "Stalker" reference in "Sqweegle" they could have put a GD reference there. :p

11. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Well, now that we found out LF is not returning, I wonder how much longer we have to wait to find out if George and the others are.

12. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

George was a last minute renewal last year but the others weren't. I'm hoping that George gets things sorted out before his wedding.

13. sevbses141

sevbses141 Civilian

[spam]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011
  14. Smokey

Somehow I have the feeling that George is going to get screwed again on this. :scream: For some reason TPTB think they have to make some big, dramatic gesture/change to save the show, when back to basics with the current cast plus a newbie or two (who DON'T take over the show) will do just fine.

15. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I agree Smokey.

I hope this doesn't affect George's decision to come back in any way. I'll be forever nervous until it's confirmed that he's signed his contract, and I'm mentally banking on the fact that George said he'd stay till the total end. We know the show is not being cancelled, so I just hope George doesn't change his mind.

As I mentioned in the spoiler thread, LF said only a month ago in EW that he was going nowhere, and now he is.

This could really give George, and by extension Nick, a chance to shine (not that he doesn't already, to us!!) this next season. Since I'm a new viewer, I am by no means ready to have CSI give up and cancel!! I'm just revving up :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.