Grade Season Seven

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, May 14, 2011.

?

How would you grade season seven of CSI: NY?

1. A+

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. A

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  3. A-

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  4. B+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. B

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Well, that sure went by fast!

Now that the season is over, it's probably a good time to post your general thoughts about CSI: NY's seventh season! Did you love it, like it or hate it? Give it a grade and let us know why you picked the grade you did.

And on behalf of Top41 and myself, we'd like to thank you all for a great season here at Talk CSI! NY's fans are truly the greatest and there have been some very interesting discussions here over the past nine months! Hope to see you all back here in the fall. :cool:

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm horrible at picking grades - I'm so indecisive. :lol: I will say that my overall impression of the season has been good. :)

I really love Sela Ward on the show, and Jo's interaction with Mac and Flack in particular has been great.

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

A+

I'm so satisfied how the season went on. It started so well. I love the addition of Sela/Jo. She's delightful, fun, a good friend, a mess :lol:, sneaky, smart, and a great mom. We also get to know more about the characters.

The season also had compelling storylines - Jo's family, Chief Carver's and Billy Hunt's.

The guest stars are also impressive.

And of course, the excellent season finale. :thumbsup:

I think this is my favorite season. Season 5 is now officially second place. :cool:

4. orvladi

orvladi Victim

I gave it an A. Season 7 was REALLY an improvement over the trash called Season 6. And the addition of Sela Ward was a great idea - some people might not like this, but I didn't miss Stella's character that much (I liked Stella, but I quickly got over her absence). This season was fantastic, and I really hope we're gonna get s8 (fingers crossed:)). Why not A+? Well, not everything was perfect (*cough*Holding Cell*cough*Do or Die*cough), but still - CSINY showed me this year that it is still capable of holding my interest.

5. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I gave an A (really hard to choose between A and A+) :lol:

But I gave an A cause I haven't seen all episodes yet so I'm not really best to say overall grade, but I'm sure when I've seen all I'd give A+ though! :lol::thumbsup:

I really liked Sela Ward and her character to the show. She's brought nice laid back attitude with smarts! ;)

Guest stars (especially Fonda) were great. :)

And the finale was breath-taking! Mac...:adore:
    Possibly one of the bests if not even the best finale of all seasons!:D

So I'm keeping my fingers and even toes crossed for season 8! :D
    NY RULES! :D

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

I gave it c-. almost gave it a d actually - there were some cracking episodes, don't get me wrong, but over all it was mediocre. and given that s6 was horrendous, mediocre was just too little, too late. if the whole season had been as good as those eps, like the finale, great, but it was patchy, and that's just not good enough.
    I'm feeling very disillusioned with ny at the moment. I never, as much as I didn't think it should get renewed, thought I'd actually feel disappointed when I heard it wasn't cancelled, but i did. I wonder if I'll even bother with season 8. if I do, it'll be just to watch the lovely Gary and no more. meh

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Gave it an A. I hadn't enjoyed NY so much as I did this season. NY was always my least favorite of the three CSI's and this season it became my fave. There were good guest appearances, less crappy stunt casting, Sela/Jo has been amazing, there were more good episodes than bad ones, and it was just enjoyable all around. Now we get a season 8...yay! :cool:

8. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

A+ for me. i cannot remember ever liking an entire season. even if i like a season like season 3 there are a few episodes i cannot ever sit through again but with season 7 i did not hate one episode there was never a time during this whole season where i thought to myself i never want to an episode again.

Sela Ward was such an excellent addition to the cast. i seriously loved her before the episode even premiered from the commercials. Jo added such a great touch of humility and fun. she seemed to balance Mac out and lighten him up.

what i like the most is that everyone in the cast got some good screen time this season and the stories did not suck. normally i hate Mac stories but i liked them i just enjoyed him.

NY seems to be getting back to form. the stories for the crimes and the characters were incredible. it is like life got put back into the show it felt brand new and fresh. Season seven was fantastic now that NY has been renewed i cannot wait for season 8 and i can truly and honestly say that without any apprehension.

9. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

A for me!!Way better than last season...Sela Ward gave the show exactly what was needed-A breath of fresh air!!The stories were great this season and we got some really memorable episodes!!I can't wait for season 8.

10. UKFAN

UKFAN Dead on Arrival

I give Season 7 an 'F' and I think that says it all.

11. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I LOVED season 7! I enjoyed every episode and can't wait for season 8!

12. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I LOVED every single episode of season 7, really, really looking forward to the new season. So I rated it A

13. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

I don't feel I can really give it a grade, given I didn't write up a comment on each ep thru the season, and so have no idea what an accurate average for me would be (at least as woulda been determined by how I felt about each ep at the time). Press me for one and I guess I'd go with the likes of a B- type realm for the bulk, with some eps higher, some eps lower.

As an impression after the fact, I liked this season. It was by no means perfect or without some old bad habits present and relied upon at times, but overall I enjoyed it. I was hoping NY would find a way out of the rut that IMO it occupied for the past few years, that there would be change and some new energy found in S7, and there was. There was no guarantee NY would be successful in dealing with the changes, and S7 became a pleasant surprise for me.

Eps in the past few seasons made me exasperated more often than not and sometimes downright dour :lol:; I was nearly done with the show at points :p. S7 was pretty much a make or break season for me, and it did alright.

There were more eps I liked than I was exasperated by, there were some great guests, less stunt casting, some brilliant visuals, some solid cases, and some solid pacing. It had more heart and humanity than I was expecting, had humor, had some serious material, had some ridiculous (but what would NY be without some ridiculous), had some Shiny (but can I rly expect NY would get rid of teh Shiny? :lol:), had some action, had some decent team balance and interaction.

I thought the season started off exuberantly, reigned itself in but kept its new energy, then stumbled hard for a handful of eps around mid-season, and then finished on an upswing again. Say one third great eps, one quarter exasperating old-bad-habits eps, and the remainder occupying a shrug-type average (which is still a step above the lowered par of seasons five and six, at the very least).

I've come to love Jo as a team member, and really enjoy what SW has brought to the show. Jo's inclusion has made the whole team all the more fun to watch again. Very glad that NY got a S8, and get to play with this team further. Here's hoping they can keep up the strengths they found in S7, especially if each potential future season will now likely be regarded as it's possible last.

If S7 hadn't been as good as it was, I'd not have cared whether or not it got a S8. It turned itself around, and I'll be tuning in again.

14. LoveSela

LoveSela Dead on Arrival

Loved it. Main reason was Sela Ward. :)

15. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I would've given season 7 an A+ but 2 episodes knocked it out of the A+. The episodes were:
    Sangre Por Sangre
    Exit Strategy
    Because of those 2 episodes, the season only got an A from me.