Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo Thread #16

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Dizzney, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

So now that this season is over, what do you think were the best scenes/episodes for Greg and the worst for him, not necessarily meaning screen time.

2. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

^ I was just thinking about topics we could discuss, s11 would probably be the best to start with, next we could do a wish list for season 12

Greg had an all around good season, heck he got an episode!! For the first time in 4 seasons

Biggest ep- A Kiss Before Frying

Other Big ones: with good screentime and such

Sqweegel- Talks about Papa Olaf

House of Hoarders- The scene with gun going off, talking with Sara

Cold Blooded- Works the cold case with Nick

Bump and Grind- Where Greg and the Identity theft company, plus he and Hodges' mandate :lol:

Wild Life- The Parrot, it was funny :lol:

Man Up- Him and Nick betting about the case

All That Cremains- Greg's the one that stops the suspects and welder Greg :devil::drool:

The List- Trips in the hallway

Hitting of the Cycle- Making pools with several coworkers and he shows off his love for video games, and don't forget the leather jacket

Father of the Bride and In a Dark Dark House he had good screentime dispite Raskell

And I know I'm probably forgetting stuff in my list

A Kiss Before Frying- Seems the best place to start, :hugegrin: never seen so much Greg in my entire life :hugegrin: and sadly probably never will again :( but anyways, wasn't perfect, I wish they could have it over a couple of episodes in the course of storyline- in one ep they meet, next they're having dinner, and later on then when all seems to be going smooth he finds out the truth

I liked the suit he was wearing :drool:

Discussing old Vegas was very fitting for him in the ep, I was hoping to hear about his book

Dita did a good job I thought

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  3. Dizzney

Yeah I think AKBF will be the most we'll ever see Greg in one episode too. And I agree that I wish it could have been carried through a couple episodes at least, like him meeting her briefly in an earlier ep and dating for awhile before all the killings came about. But at least we got a Greg eppy. Made up for the major lack of him overall compared to other cast.

I really enjoyed him in a lot of episodes this season though. Wild Life and Hitting the Cycle stand out also right now in my tired mind. I know there are more and I will think of them later. :lol: I always appreciate the episodes where we get to see his humorous, fun side come out, reminding us of the old Greg.

4. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

Definitely biggest, but not best imo. I liked the ep, especially the first half, but it didn't really develop Greg in any way and the case was lacking.

That was a good ep for Greg in that he interaction with just about everyone, iirc, and the mention of Papa Olaf is always good.

I liked the trio of Greg, Sara and Nick in this one, you can tell they've known each other so long.

Nick and Greg were the perfect pairing for this storyline, and I'm glad when it got to the emotional parts near the end Greg wasn't ignored, yes Nick got the scene with the Mum but Greg was part of finding the body.

Great interaction with Sara in this one, and Brass, funny yet not ridiculous to make it cringe worthy :)

I liked seeing Greg with the lab rats at the start too, I wish they did more of that (would love to see Jackie back!)

I liked Greg's involvement in both of these cases, he played imperative parts.

:drool:

The ep might have been crap in parts and I wish the overall storyline hadn't happened, but Greg's scene in In a Dark Dark House were great!

5. Dizzney

By Episode:

Shock waves-He had okay screen time but fave part was him at end, saving Vartann from Bomb.

Pool Shark-episode was a total bomb

Blood Moon
    -Greg talking about the Vampire lore was funny.

Sqweegel
    - Lots of Greg and quality scenes for him too, actually working at the scenes.

House of Hoarders- Good stuff for Greg again, being inbetween the tension of Sara and Nick.

Cold Blooded-
    Nice serious stuff for Greg, made me wish to see more emotional cases for Greg.

Bump and Grind- Some funny stuff for Greg and nice interaction with Nick and Hodges.

Fracked
    - Not a fan of this ep, not good for Greg.

Wild Life - Already said I loved this one. I loved Greg always talking to the parrot.

418/427
    - So so episode.

Man up- I liked this due to the betting and interaction with Nick.

AKBF
    , already commented on.

The Two Mrs Grissoms- Eh, not a fan of this one either and not much Greg probably why.

All That Cremains- I loved Greg knocking the guys out with the board. And he had decent screen time in it.

Targets of Obsession and Tune in, Turn out, blah blah blah
    - eh, so so episodes again due to lack of Greg.

The List-Decent episode for Greg.

Hitting the Cycle- Fun episode with betting again and Greg and his gaming interest.

Unleashed, =no Greg no interest.

Father of the Bride/Cello and Goodbye/A Dark, Dark, House=Out of these three the last/season finale being the best for Greg scenes and character, although I still don't like how Greg defended Ray so much after last season near the end he was the one cautious of Ray. :rolleyes:

6. sharp52092

A few notes to add

Pool Shark- A little continutity from Shock Waves, his cuts from the bomb

Sqweegel- Never thought we'd hear about Papa Olaf again

House of Hoarders- Greg was smart, don't get involved when brother and sister are fighting

Fracked- One of few good things was Greg was wearing his vest with his blue shirt tucked in :drool:

The Two Mrs Grissoms- Not a lot of screentime no but AKBF was the ep before, so I'm ok with him not getting much screentime in this ep, at least Eric isn't getting worked to death, though I wish they had showed Sara being ther for Greg with what happened with Dita recently and Greg being there for Sara and what was going on with her in that ep

I can't think of anything else at the moment

7. Dizzney

Yes on Fracked, that was nice.

And I wished that Sara had been there too asking about Greg from AKBF and vice versa with Greg being there more so for Sara in her episode. They missed out on doing any of that. And yet in the last episode they have them working together and it went to show how the writers missed out in those episodes.

8. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Over all I am very satisfied with the season and Greg's involvement in the cases mentioned above. Not to mention screen time. I loved seeing him work with Nick so much. We finally got a Greg centric episode with AKBF but the ep itself wasn't really that good and IMO made Greg look a bit unprofessional with all the on duty phone calls from this girl. But I was just happy to have an ep centered on him. I loved the ending.

"Catherine, why do the rotten ones smell so good."

9. sharp52092

Also Greg was carrying a gun a bit more this season in

Cold Blooded- though they didn't show it in the ep just in a promo pic, right?
    Targets of Obcession
    Father of the Bride
    In a Dark Dark House

Also what did everyone think of his hair? :)

10. kilersiman

kilersiman Victim

[spam]

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2011
  11. Dizzney

I still kind of wished they had said something about him finally deciding to carry a gun. It still bums me out a bit they never did mention it after years of him making a point to not carry.

I love his hair from this season....2nd half mostly since it was a bit fuller on top. I think it is my favorite hairstyle of his. :drool:

12. sharp52092

Agreed, who knows maybe they'll approach that subject next season, maybe his book too

Spikes have always been my favorite, so I was glad to see more of them this season :) though my absolute favorite will be the crazy colorful ones in season 4, like in Early Rollout, this season's is probably in my top 5 or so

Shock Waves was on again last night, screentime wasn't bad, and he got Vartann and himself out of the way in time :)

13. profilims

profilims Victim

[spam]

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011
  14. Dizzney

It would be nice if he suddenly said he tried to peddle his book again and was successful. I would love for someone other than Ray to be the only published person there.

Yeah Season 4 was pretty wild with his hair. I like his hair mid way through season 5, after he went back to darker and grew it out a bit, like in "Spark of Life". Rawwrrr!

15. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

It would be nice for the book to at least get a mention! Not sure it would work as a storyline though because of how long it's been :S

As for hair, for me, the shorter the better, but I am quite taken with how it is now :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.