"In a Dark, Dark House" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

1. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

The end of this season will make next season a lot harder to watch. The conclusion of this episode basically stated that it IS okay to commit murder,cover it up and betray your badge if the person is really really bad.
    We've seen cases over the years on CSI where the victims were scum of the earth, and the perps were still arrested for it, even when the police and audience clearly were on the doer's side.
    Why is that? Because we can't take the law into our hands, even when the victim is a piece of garbage. It might start with people like Haskell,but it won't end there.
    I just can't see how most of the CSI's are going to be able to stand there with a straight face next season when dealing with a case where someone has deemed it fit to take the law into their own hands for any reason. How can they after this?

2. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

If Brass and Langston's actions ever became publicly known, defense lawyers would go wild with appeals to have prior convictions thrown out, based on suspicion of corruption. The police department as a whole would take a deep, lacerating hit to its credibility. It's not just the CSIs that would suffer professionally by this cover-up.
    LaSquisita

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Here's a "review" about this episode from TV Fanatic pretty fair and balanced~

REVIEW

4. manjira5

manjira5 Victim

spam

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
  5. whennow

whennow Dead on Arrival

I haven't commented before but I feel everything about some characters was rearranged for Ray Langston! Like he is the sun now and all are planets revolving around him. Didn't like that!

6. xyzert23

xyzert23 Victim

spam

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
  7. Frosch

Frosch Witness

Linda Johnson?

8. Otie

Otie Hit and Run

Oh yeah, it certainly is completely lax work for them to just accept it without really investigating further.

They'd need to look at the number of footprints between the doorway and the railing to determine more details. Fewer footsteps would have meant Ray was moving fast, which would have meant that Ray had to have picked Haskell up and had him restrained enough to not allow his feet to touch ground again (which would then bring up the question of if Ray had managed to restrain/overpower Haskell to that extent, why did things go further... but I digress)... otherwise Haskell would have been able to touch ground at least once between the door and the railing.

But as far as we saw, they never even bothered calculating the distance between Ray's footprints to determine if he was charging the banister, or walking towards it.

Overall, fairly sloppy. Let's just say if this episode was all we'd seen of their abilities, I'd wonder how they managed to ever solve any crimes.

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

You know, when this episode began I thought it was going to be drawn out and ending with Ray finally getting an opening to take down Haskell and save the day, being a hero.

Can't say I was disappointed to have Haskell die early on, but I don't know why they couldn't have just had it become the ultimate conclusion to this battle between good and evil, having Ray overcome everything and come out the winner.

What would have been wrong with that??

10. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

It doesn't end with a cliff hanger, I guess :/

11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Exactly! Ray didn't win. Yeah, he killed Haskell, but Haskell won in the end. Ray did exactly what Haskell wanted.

It would have been better if it looked like Ray was going to give in and then laughed or something and said 'nice try, Haskell! you're going back to prison'.

12. Zipster

Zipster Witness

Well said, I truly believe that if this had happened, a lot of us wouldn't feel as betrayed by it as we currently do. Something radical needs to happen next season to ensure that the spirit of CSI retains some of its prior identity. I'm not calling for WP to come back etc - but - the direction of the show and it's future will greatly depend upon how they move forward from this.

13. profilo119

profilo119 Civilian

[spam]

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
  14. mojero

mojero Victim

[spam]

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
  15. murph116

murph116 Dead on Arrival

At what point in the episode was there a "hint" that Haskell impregnated Gloria??