American Idol- Thread #2

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by GregNickRyanFan, Aug 4, 2010.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Jacob got voted off. He's been in the bottom for several weeks in a row, so I'm not surprised. Lauren should not have been in the bottom two though.

2. napoliten

napoliten Victim

*SPAM*

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2011
  3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I liked Hayley's rendition of "House Of The Rising Sun", although when I was singing along, my cat covered his ears, then ran in to the other room :vulcan: how cold huh? they're all so good, now it's down to 4:confused:

4. Desertwind

So 2 guys and 2 girls, who will be elminated next? Their all so great this is a tough one:confused:

5. Desertwind

They eliminated James. I was stunned. He was so versatile, and poor kid, he cried:( I really thought it would be Lauren. She's good to, but I thought he was a tad better:bolian:so it's down to Haley, Scotty and Lauren~

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Looks like James is the Daughtry of this season. It should have been Hayley that went home after that performance on that first song. The judges liked Lauren's version of "Trouble", but I didn't think it sounded that great. Honestly, I think Carrie did it better when she was on the show. I hope Scotty wins.

7. whocares

whocares Victim

Haley is the best singer left by far. The judges just can't give her a break and it's ridiculous. Earth Song was good and she was leaving her heart on the stage with that song. You could feel her emotion while she sang. And what do the judges do? Rip her to shreds. She sang it just like Michael Jackson did. Good for her for defending herself and the song. At least Steven Tyler has some sense (surprisingly). These "judges" are terrible. I have never voted before, and I am now voting for Haley. I know she's probably toast this week, and that is honestly too bad. The finale will be an absolute snooze with one-trick pony Scotty and Lauren. Haley can do so many things with her voice and her renditions of "House of the Rising Sun" and "I (Who Have Nothing)" are absolutely terrific. I have never been this invested in a contestant before, and I will continue to follow her after the show.

8. Desertwind

I'm with ya' and totally agree, she's incredible a bit like Crystal Bowersox, the same range the same natural talent. She knocked off my socks. I thought Lauren would be voted off, she's great too, but Haley is top of the line. I do hope she'll take it. There are alot of country fans watching and they like Scotty. also great so it's a tough call this year:confused:

9. Hatal

Hatal Victim

James Durbin went home which means I just lost all interest in the show.

10. Desertwind

:eek:hey eliminated HALEY. wow, I was stunned, I thought it would be Lauren. I like her but I thought Haley was better. Her range, her raspy interpretation of Robert Plant's song, no body has ever done that [I forget the name] but it was incredible. Now it's between Scotty and Lauren:confused:

11. Desertwind

Tonight the winner of this season will be picked~

Scotty vs. Lauren:Who Will Win?

Las Vegas oddsmakers say the smart money is on Scotty McCreery to win American Idol "He's the big favorite", says Adam Young of the gambling website bodog.com...Scotty's odds are 2:3 [bet $3 to win $5], he adds while Lauren Alaina's odds are 1:1 [bet $1 to win $2]. So what can Scotty do to keep his lead, and how can Lauren increase her odds? The Idol vocal coaches say it's about making smart choices in the final performance show. Each will sing 3 songs:a new tune that will be the winner's first single, a song of their choice they've already performed, and a selection by the judges, producers Jimmy Iovine Idol associate musical director Michael Orland expects both singers to stay firmly in "the country lane" but thinks Lauren could show more crossover appeal by going country-rock or country pop. But the most important thing to remember, says vocal coach Debra Byrd, is to balance the mood and tempo of the songs. "And the balance comes between what they choose and what is chosen for them~

Deborah Starr Seibel. TV Guide writer [issue May 30-June 5]~

12. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Well, Scotty won. I didn't really care since I'm not too interested in the type of music they both sang. He was good anyways. I'm glad it's finally over though. :lol:

13. Desertwind

I myself am not a big country fan but this kid [he's 17] sang as good as the ones who are much older and famous. He sang with Tim McGraw, and was to me as good as he was. He's just a natural born singer. The show was fabulous, so much pazazz:wtf:So many famous people. I was surprised to see Tom Jones, with white hair a beard:wtf:and so many others. Nice touch to see Steven sing "Dream On", wow he's still got it a 63:wtf:

14. Desertwind