Eva/Natalia #4: Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Mar 29, 2011.

?

thread title

Poll closed Apr 10, 2011.
  1. Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. I am Woman, Hear me Roar

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Boa Vista - A Beautiful View

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Foreva Boa Vista

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Always There For Everyone

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. More than what you think she is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. It's about time, she's waited long enough

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  8. Let's Go Berserk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Berserk for Boa Vista

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

Hmmmm, although I'm hoping for a recovery-stage, I don't think it'll last half the season. Granted, Natalia has been through a hell of alot this season and she deserves a little recovery-time but I doubt TPTB would streach it over season 10. One or two episodes at the most.

I agree with you MJ - The Nick plot has been used time and time again. I think it's starting to hold Natalia back a little. Although it shows it's something that'll always affect her I think it's better to leave that alone.

I've said this on the Ryan/Natalia thread - but I honestly think TPTB have been building up their relationship through season 8 & 9. Especially at the introduction of Molly. With rumors/suspicions that season 10 may be Miami's last, I atleast hope they both get together before the end. :)

A case refering to Nat's FBI days would be interesting. Maybe one that involves a case she once worked or her having to talk to some contacts like before. ;) I'm sure Mickey is gone for good but I'd like to see him again. Though hostile I loved their interaction too. :)

Nat has to survive the premire.....I've a pitchfork,chainsaw and Irish anger TPTB better not kill her off or I'll get Hulk mad!!!! :scream:

Fellow Natters unite!

2. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

What I want most of all is continuity from week to week. As in real life, people change and grow in a sequence. - What this show has been lacking since it’s beginning is a sense that the characters/episodes develop through connection and sequence.

I want to see Natalia (and all the characters for that matter), in a more natural/realistic progression. I want to see how each week builds from the week before. How weeks are connected to months and months to years. --- Miami's character development and storylines all skim the surface. -- When reading interviews with TPB involved in creating the show, they all seem to have a deeper understanding or disillusion (?) of their characters. I want them to take the history and development that they have built up in their minds, and put it on paper. -- I want history/story/development/sequence/big ideas... I can keep going. -- They seem to have motives for what they write, but cannot seem to find a way to translate these motives in a way that the audience/viewers can understand.

There is a reason we are drawn to Natalia. There is a sense of depth to her. She has layers. La Rue (and somewhat, the writers), seem to understand Natalia in a deeper way than any of the other characters. She has a sense of history...-- Now I want them to take that 'sense' and make it more tangible.

3. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I gave them half a season because TPTB tend to have a 'delayed reaction' by not having things being continued the episode after. Who knows we have to wait 3-5 episodes later again for them to give us some follow through. :shifty: That's where my theory comes in. Lol.

Yep, this is what we all want. We saw some of this in S9, just hope we get to see more in S10!

Oh and one more thing, all shipping aside, I do wish she has a little romance, not something in our face but subtle is enough for me to see her happy with her personal life.

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm shocked. Our Eva finally joined Twitter!
    It isn't yet verified, but Omar has confirmed that indeed it's really her. :p

http://twitter.com/#!/evalaruecappoo

Hehee..I love the 'capoo' part.

5. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

It rhymes. :p Love it!

6. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I would love to find out where Natalia is from. I know Frank is from Texas. I think in season one Calleigh said something about Louisiana. In season 4, we found out 10 years earlier Horatio was working in New York. I'd like to know what part of the world Natalia came to Miami from.

7. majdurna

majdurna Victim

[spam]

--Finch

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2011
  8. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

This hiatus is taking a looong time! Now I am already bored, fussy and in need of some Natalia-action. Lol!

Before in S5, she mentioned about her & Nick being in Atlanta. We don't know if they are from there or just lived there at one point. I think she pass off well as a Miami/Florida resident though. ;)

So more than 3 months wait......:vulcan:

9. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

I remember that episode Michya - She mentions Nick got into a bar fight in Atlanta with a biker and that she was present. ;)

I agree, Natalia defiantly seems like a Miami/Florida native. Remember in the season 8 opener - she was in the Miami FBI lab (where Horatio brought the blood sample). If she was there in the 1990s and still there now I'm guessing she always has been a Miami girl ;)

Atlanta was probably a holiday for the couple. ;)

3 months :(:( Do we know the exact date when Miami returns?? I want to mark it on my calander so I can wake up at like 5 am to watch it online lol :thumbsup:

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I second that (or 3rd, rather). Not entirely sure why I feel like she is, but I do. She's definitly got the "look" -- I could easily picture her being raised near the ocean; a little water-bug as a youngster, a beach-babe as a teen/adult.

That's what I was thinking too. Either that, or maybe they lived there at one time & then returned to Miami.

It's going to draaaagg. It hasn't even been a month since the finale aired & I'm already needing a spoiler-fix.

Observation in 'Mayday':
    Did you notice the time on Natalia's watch when Randy called her to meet him at the pier? It makes me curious that tptb actually showed a close-up on it (usually they wouldn't)....wonder if it will mean something in the premiere?

11. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Eva just shared this with me tonight, and I'll put it in spoilers since it is in regards to season 10. :)

While she can't say what happens to Natalia, Eva tells me that she just re-signed for season 10.

13. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Great news!!Thanks for the info vegaslights!!!

14. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Thanks for the scans, Gooniegirl! Eva is looking GORGEOUS in those photos... I'm jealous!

I'm fourthing! She's totally a Florida girl. :) Her comment to the QD labrat in 5x02 about her and Nick in Atlanta did have me briefly wondering if she could be from Georgia instead, but no - she's gotta be a Floridian. (Not to mention, Anya's in South Florida as well. I'm sure the rest of her family isn't very far away either. Maybe Tampa...)

Shane, thank you SO MUCH for this; it definitely puts my mind at ease... though I have to say that I've been assuming she'd re-sign, as she seems to have been doing quite a bit of press lately for the show. Nevertheless, again - thanks!

PS: I'm assuming that's you in your Facebook profile pic... I. AM. JEALOUS. What I wouldn't give to take a picture of myself sitting on the Iron Throne!

15. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

YES! Awesome news indeed! Love it, love her! I am sure we all are now much more relief. ;)

I just noticed she wears that watch all the time! What time was it? The last scene took place perhaps around mid-day(?), since the airplane incident was 6 hours prior. Can't think too much now, I just want S10 right now. Time seems to pass slower...eh!