Danny/Lindsay#24: Because 10 percent is all you need

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Brinchen, Sep 27, 2009.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I just don't get to the shipper threads as much, or this one at least. I'd been too focused on GSR when I came over here lol

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

What's cool about them is their BOTH on the show, married with a cute baby and work together too:bolian:

3. MacsGirlMel

Yeah, that's true :)

4. MacsGirlMel

Anyone see the spoilers that came out?

Danny passes his sgt exam, which is cool :) But if we get another season, it'll be interesting to see how it affects them at work. Things won't be the same since he'll be her superior...any wrong moves could screw up lab integrity and ruin cases. (The interview thingy is in the NY spoiler thread if you wanna see.)

5. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Ah, so who of you guys enjoyed tonight's DL moments? I most definitely did! Gosh, could those two be any sweeter together? I so LOVE how Danny does his little teasing and how Lindsay is all serious. :lol: That's so them, I'm a huge fan of this way of interacting with each other. I love how he tells her about the sergeants test then and how she reacts to it. I bet she's happy he's thinking about their future like that; it'll be good for them to have more money. Maybe they can expand their family a bit. ;) My favourite though is the other scene, where he tells her he's sergeant now. Gosh, that still makes me squeal in delight! :adore: I'm really in love with how proud Danny is and how excited Lindsay is. Their hug is like one of the sweetest hugs ever, and we even got a kiss! You could clearly see how happy they are. And like I said so many times before, you can also clearly feel their love for each other. Wonderful scenes, I love them so much! :D

6. dizicim1m

dizicim1m Victim

good job + rep

7. Desertwind

I so agree, so sweet, their so in tune. all the time. He got the promotion:bolian: His Al Pacino imitation funny and Lindsay mocked him on that. THe kiss so wonderful thank's writers:p

8. klassmsx

klassmsx Victim

Go away spam

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
  9. MacsGirlMel

I enjoyed it all, although I teared up at the ep's end, just in general, not the D/L parts.

10. Desertwind

This will be a long haul waiting for the new season to arrive. I hope they've got something special in mind for these two lovebirds:p

11. Desertwind

Could long time fans of this adorable couple tell me when they first got together, and how long they went together before they married. I'm kinda of a new comer on the CSI/Miami so I don't know their whole past history:confused:

12. MS1213

MS1213 Hit and Run

DW. Danny and Lindsay first got together in the season 3 Finale. Not much was shown in regards to their relationship until mid season 4, when Danny had an affair with his neighbor. After the episode aired where it revealed Danny's affair, there was a lot of debate as to how serious D/L's relationship was at the time. Near the end of season 4 Danny ended his affair and tried to get back with Lindsay. That was the last time their relationship was mentioned until Lindsay told Danny she was pregnant in episode 9 of season 5. Anna's real life pregnancy and TPTB deciding to write that in, made them change the original storyline they had planned for D/L in season 5.--no one knows what that was going to be--which is why there was next to no interaction between them for 10 episodes--two at the end of season 4 and 8 at the beginning of season 5. They got married in episode 17 of season 5. Hope that helps.

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I think it is important to point out that the word "affair" implies Danny cheated on Lindsay. Both Carmine Giovinazzo and Peter Lenkov stated in interviews with CSIFiles that Danny did NOT cheat on Lindsay. There was no canon evidence that Danny and Lindsay were in an exclusive relationship when he slept with Rikki. In fact there was no canon evidence that there was any relationship beyond them sleeping together once in "Snow Day."

14. MS1213

MS1213 Hit and Run

But Danny also said in the episode The Box "See a while ago, I messed up, alright? I was with another woman, I didn't say anything, but she new, I think she knew, you know? A couple months later we get back together, things haven't really been the same" "We get back together" kind of implies Danny and Lindsay had more than a one night stand. And that whole line is also very ambiguous, while it could mean D/L weren't together at the time he slept with Rikki, it could just as easily mean it was his sleeping with Rikki, that caused them to break up.

Carmine said HE didn't think Danny cheated. Peter Lenkov really didn't give a definitive answer. He said the relationship had cooled, that doesn't necessarily mean Danny and Lindsay had broken off their relationship--what ever that relationship was-- before Danny slept with Rikki, it could just mean that things weren't great between them at the time.

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

"A couple of months later we get back together," pretty much states they weren't together when Danny slept with Rikki. Lenkov saying their relationship "cooled" when he could have just said, "yes, Danny cheated on Lindsay," when asked the direct question pretty much states they weren't exclusively dating when Danny slept with Rikki.

I get that fans of this paring want to believe that they have always been true love and soul mates and that Danny is a cheating pig who had to grovel to get Lindsay back, but canon events don't support that at all. It doesn't change the fact that they ended up married and having a kid.

It is very much a part of their canon history that they were not shown to be an exclusive couple when Danny and Rikki slept together. Even Anna Belknap stated she had no clue at the time what the status of Danny and Lindsay's relationship was at that time. Combine that with statements from Carmine and Lenkov and there's no way people can say that Danny ever cheated on Lindsay.