Modern Family

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Geeno, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Finally, Haley had some very funny scenes! I also like when Gloria threw Jay under the bus! :guffaw: The bar scene was so funny! Damn they're so loud. :lol: I like the quick silence when Jay sit with the gays and all we heard was Cam's crunchy garlic bread. :lol:

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Was that the season finale?

When Luke took a big gulp of air before he went into the old neighbor's house, I almost peed my pants.

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

No, there's still more! :D Four more episodes I think... first one back is April 13th!

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Awesome, that's good news. Thanks. :)

Hah, I just started laughing because I was thinking of Phil saying, "Oh no... he's seen my sexy dance!" :lol:

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Finally, a new episode this week!
    And, another classic, IMO. So many LOL moments and quotes. I don't know which was funnier, Phil's minivan or Cam's play. Phil's dialog on the phone about houses, which unbeknownst to him was really about Claire and Haley, was hysterical; Cam's 'Sondheim-izing' and 'wet dreams' comments were classic (Eric has some of the best comedic timing I've ever seen.); and the kids all had some great lines. Luke: 'I can feel my heartbeat in my eyes.' Haley: 'I'll go home with anyone.' Alex: 'Probably should have put that on the van.' Manny:'I'm thinking of taking a run at her.' And of course: 'We Love the F Word'.
    LMAO!
    Great episode!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Oh my...Gloria was so funny with Lily! :guffaw: And I heard her say she was going to get her earrings. I wondered at the time if that meant pierce her ears, but since none of them said anything...and then... :lol:

Loved Mitchell's line about, "So cows freeze now...are we all just accepting that?" And Cameron falling off of the wall. "I'm just glad my clown training prepared me for a fall like that." :lol:

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Hahahaha!!! I know! Gloria with Lily and very excited to have her (and Mitchell and Cam gone!) was so funny! :guffaw: Earrings and hair rings! :lol: Phil with the shrink and acting like Luke! :guffaw:

Alex: This is a mistake!
    Haley's friend: Why is she kept on saying that?
    Haley: because that's the first words she heard! :guffaw:

8. Merlyn007

Merlyn007 Victim

i was a little bit disappoint from its last episode

9. dizicim1m

dizicim1m Victim

[*SPAM*]

10. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

The finale was quite funny not the best episode though.

Phil was kicking himself that he didn't brag about Claire as his wife. That's a huge lesson learned.

11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

The last few episodes of the season weren't the greatest. I think the show relies too much on miscommunication and its grown a bit tiresome. While the show is still funnier than most of the other programs on TV, I do hope they get back to the season one quality next season.

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Agreed that it probably wasn't as good as Season 1, but hopefully they'll get back on track. I really hope Cam and Mitchell do adopt another child next season. :)

13. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Next season's already going to be hilarious because of the surprising twist at the end of the season finale! A lot of fun scenes can come up with it. Very exciting!

14. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

PHIL WALKS A FINE LINE BETWEEN BEING A RESOURCEFUL REALTOR AND A CYBER PREDATOR, ON ABC'S "MODERN FAMILY"

Benjamin Bratt ("Private Practice") Returns as Javier, Paget Brewster ("Criminal Minds")
    And Rob Riggle ("The Daily Show") Guest Star

"Flip Flop" - Phil is pretty confident in his ability to sell Claire and Cam's flipped house, but when it proves to be a little harder than he thought, he recruits the whole family into taking some desperate, borderline crazy measures. Meanwhile, Javier (guest star Benjamin Bratt) is visiting Manny and brings along his new girlfriend (guest star Paget Brewster), which doesn't sit very well with Gloria, on "Modern Family," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Modern Family" stars Ed O'Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sofia Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

Guest cast includes Benjamin Bratt as Javier, Rob Riggle as Gil Thorpe, Paget Brewster as Trish, Anders Holm as Zack Barbie and Samantha Bennett as waitress.

"Flip Flop" was written by Jeffrey Richman & Bill Wrubel, and directed by Gail Mancuso.

15. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

CAREER DAY BECOMES THE ARENA FOR A BATTLE OF REAL ESTATE TYCOONS -- PHIL DUNPHY VS. GIL THORPE -- ON ABC'S "MODERN FAMILY"

Rob Riggle ("The Daily Show") Reprises His Role as Gil Thorpe

"Career Day" - Phil is jazzed to share the wonders of residential real estate with Luke and Manny's classmates for career day, but unfortunately for Phil, his nemesis, Gil Thorpe, shows up and things get ugly. Meanwhile, Gloria challenges Jay's claims of always wanting to become a novelist, forcing Jay to take some shameful measures, and Mitch and Cam make a costly mistake while executing tooth fairy duties, on "Modern Family," WEDNESDAY, MAY 1 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Modern Family" stars Ed O'Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sofia Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

Guest cast includes Rob Riggle as Gil Thorpe, Autumn Withers as Mrs. Ebbert and Piper Mackenzie Harris as Maureen.

"Career Day" was written by Paul Corrigan and Brad Walsh, and directed by Jim Hensz.