Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Thanks for posting that Blackflag! :)

Also agree, nobody but Nick would be right, imho.
    It's going to be a long summer though......:lol:

2. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Normally I would agree that Nick would be a shoe-in for the next supervisor, however, his actions in "Cello & Goodbye" give me great pause in that thinking. Over the past season +, the writers have certainly developed his demeanor into more becoming of a supervisor, but I don't think assisting a rogue team member in hunting a serial killer by themselves without alerting the rest of the team and assuring proper backup -eventually putting both of their lives in great danger - would be seen as a sign of a good supervisor. I'm hoping this was just a one-off for the writers in the regression department and they keep Nick's development on the right track - basically because he's the only choice they've got unless they bring a new character with lots of experience to take over, which I'm sure won't happen since they're going to bring in Morgan, who has less experience.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

He was acting quickly in desperation to save Ray from getting himself killed like Warrick did. Whether Nick realizes it or not, it is affecting his thinking. I do think he should have gotten counseling after Warrick's death, but I guess the writers didn't want to go that route. I think they almost have to make Nick supervisor when Cath leaves though. I don't think many viewers would tolerate another new cast member coming in and taking over. Unless they just have Cath stay the supervisor and just not be seen after Marg's last episode.

4. whitecat85

whitecat85 Victim

thank your post.good job. ;)

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah, he's the logical choice...Sara's a senior CSI but between Jorja's part time schedule, and the fact that as far as we know, Sara isn't a super like Nick, it wouldn't sit right if she was tapped. I mean, I personally wouldn't throw a huge fit if she got promoted, since it's been a possibility ever since season 5, but it wouldn't be popular with a lot of us I fear. And she's had anger issues and might end up getting herself in bigger trouble lol not to mention the whole lab. But you never know with the PTBs. I'd pick Nick first but given what we know about the PTBs, I wouldn't call him the *only* choice. He needs some reprimanding over what happened last week, though.

Brass was the super once, but IDK if he'd really want to do it again. And Greg's no longer the new guy, but he's still junior to Nick and Sara.

The one thing that would really make me scream is if they even think about it being Ray...I don't hate him, but no way do I want to see him as a leader when he can't even keep his own butt out of trouble. Plus, he's not a senior CSI. It'd be ridiculous.

What do we know about Morgan...is she a high level CSI or not? Or have we found that out? Someone said she had less up above me.

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  6. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Technically Nick is the next in line. He always had rank over both Warrick and Sara. That's why Marg said logically Nick would replace Catherine.

If this was the real world none of them would be supervisor! :shifty:
    Catherine... too much bucking authority in the past
    Nick... tendency to act without thinking things through
    Greg... always seems to just go with the flow, not the leader type
    Sara... emotional past could cost more cases than not
    Ray... seems to have his own agenda

Susan

7. kittydu

kittydu Hit and Run

Morgan is going to be a regular next season??

8. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Nick will be the Supervisor.

You can't fault him for his actions in 'Cello and Goodbye'.

First, Catherine never should have brought Ray to L.A. He should have not been anywhere near the Haskell case.

She also knows that Ray has gone rogue before and she should have made sure he got on that plane.

And let's not forget her not going through Brass and having Haskell taken out of prison that started all this L.A. crap in the first place.

Nick supports his team members and backs them up. That's what a good supervisor does. Yes, are some of his actions because of what happened to Warrick, probably, but that doesn't mean he can't be an effect supervisor.

Greg can never be a supervisor. Like Blackflag said, he goes with the flow, doesn't take a stand and hasn't shown leadership. Not a jab against him, not everyone can be a boss.

Sara never could be. The fact she was rehired amazes me, because with her insubordination she should have been fired then and there is no way Ecklie would have hired her back. (That's tvland for you) Sorry, I still don't buy that Ecklie would call her for a CSI, Grissom, yes, her, no.

Morgan would be too new so that would leave her out.

They won't promote Ray, with everything he has done they won't put in the boss position. Of course, these are the CSI ptb so you never know. ;)

Who knows maybe they'll put Brass back in charge. :lol:

9. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Didn't we have a thread once about the supervisor thing? Anyway, what I remember coming out of that thread's discussion was that every one of them is flawed. Yet the best choice is still Nick. Sara's departmental record goes against her, Greg has unfortunately not shown any real leadership qualities and Ray is too new and his own job record speaks against him.

So unless they bring somebody else in, it should be Nick.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing Brass back at the helm. :lol: Though I don't think it would work as well without Grissom or Catherine there with him.

10. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I still say the heck with them all and put Hodges in charge....:lol::p

*wonders who will be the first to comment on that suggestion*

11. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I was going to comment about him anyway! :lol:

Using the logic here, he is the only choice left for supervisor because he's the one who wanted to go on record as saying Ray needed to be pulled in. :lol:

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

LOL it would definitely be funny with him in charge.

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I don't think Nick's bad judgement in Cello and Goodbye can be justified by Catherine's mistakes. Even if she did screw up by taking Ray to LA that doesn't mean it's ok or less wrong for Nick to not notify his superior about actions he should've notified. It's two separate things. If my boss screws things up I still have to do my job and do it well.

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I don't think it justifies anything, it just illustrates that they all make errors in judgement now and then when they get too involved in the cases, but a bad decision here or there isn't enough to warrant writing them off for good, be it for a supervisor position or whatever.

15. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Personally, none of them are really a good fit for supervisor, but then again every supervisor/manager has their faults and flaws. So that being said, any of them could almost be supervisor, except Ray. He hasn't been on the job long enough and made too many judgement errors in a short time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.