Grade 'Life Sentence'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 6, 2011.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Action-packed new episode on tonight... watch it and share your thoughts here! :cool:

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

This is the first time I've been able to and wanted to watch the show when it aired for over half a season and my parents wouldn't STFU until five minutes before the episode ended and then asked me "what happened?" :wtf: :scream: :brickwall:

From what I gathered from watching but not being able to hear, it wasn't a good episode. Peter Fonda's character, of course, turned out to be a dirty cop that Mac could be disapointed in and show his superiority over. They wasted a perfect opportunity to off Lindsay. Mac made sure to leap through a window to rescue Lindsay while leaving an unnamed lab tech to lie there wounded and bleeding. Evidently it's mandatory to investigate an officer involved shooting except when it's not (Flack, I'm looking at you). And Super!Mac returned by being able to duck machine gun fire and then hit the bad guy with one shot.

I'll have to rewatch this one tomorrow, but from what I saw I can't see my opinion of the episode improving. The preview for next week's finale has me almost wishing they'd just dump the show instead of giving us a S8, but for some reason I can't stop watching so I actually do want another season.

P.S. My mom said, "Wow he really got thin!" about Flack (she hasn't watched in a long time).

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I give points for both Danny and Lindsay working with other people. And despite the apparently obligatory D/L hug after the chaos, there wasn't that much D/L, thus sparing a few complaints in that area.

I pretty much enjoyed it, even though it'd be nice to see a case like this without a dirty cop part, since it's been done a few times before. And I think next week looks good as well, but that could just be because it's playing perfectly into an RP I'm involved in. IDK.

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I said I would be disappointed if Bill Hunt was a dirty cop. So he was but whatever I still enjoyed the episode. It was entertaining. I liked the twists and turns in the story. It was obvious Hunt was hiding something but what kept me interested was Harris' motive. It was a relief that he wasn't a wrongly convicted man seeking revenge - which would be another cliche.

Overall a very good episode. A.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I haven't watched the ep yet because I couldn't tape it (was taping something else), so I'll have to wait to get the tape from my grandma who taped it for my dad LOL.

But, I'm a bit annoyed with the trend of first/former cop partners/mentors turning out to be dirty. They've done this on both of the other CSI shows! Catherine's mentor turned out to be dirty (can't remember his name) and just a season or two ago, Horatio's old partner Sully turned out to be a dirty cop. Yeesh... don't they have any original ideas anymore?

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  6. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I really liked this episode a lot. It kept me guessing though I figured out that Hunt was dirty cop I mean you could see that from the beginning but I didn't see that as a bad thing. I loved Fonda's performance from the beginning to the end. :)

A lot of action, that is always good in my book.

Mac doing stuff in a lab for a change! I've missed that glad to get that scene.

I literally hold my breath during that car-crash. And that scene was definitely my fav ones with that scene in Hunt's apartment! ;)

One thing that I keep loving this show is the family-kind of atmosphere. :)

I'm sure there might be some aspects that were copied or were similar to other CSI's but since I don't watch'em regularly I didn't catch'em.

This episode gave a nice base to the season finale I think. In the end you can see that Mac isn't the same as he used to be (atleast I think that) Hunt's guiltness and everything that did come with this case affected on him. I absolutely can't wait the season finale what will happen to Mac and the team! :)

I'd have gave an A+ but somehow I couldn't get my vote up. :(

7. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I'd give it an A+, it was the best episode of the season... It won't let me vote though :(

8. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Don't forget Flack's former mentor turned out to be a dirty cop as well..although his motives were far stronger and understandable than the rest.

9. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

There seems to be a glitch. When I tried to vote, after clicking "Vote Now" it says "The poll you selected is closed" and shows no results.

I liked the episode. It sure started out with a bang. I'm curious though. At the very end when Mac is looking angrily at Flack I'm wondering what is going on. Are their looks supposed to mean anything?

10. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

It could be, but I think it was just frustration at the whole sorry mess. If he were irritated with Flack, it could be because the vengeful crook slipped his surveillance. Flack needs better guys, though to be fair, Flack did seem rankled by the other cop's blase attitude.

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Re: the poll - I think it's a glitch where sometimes new polls get attached to old threads. When you click to vote in this one, it goes to an old 'Yelina Salas Appreciation Thread' in the Miami forum. I feel like we've had this problem before, but I can't remember...

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I recall a few times this has happened since I've been here.

13. CSINYADDICT99

CSINYADDICT99 Hit and Run

I would've given it an 'A' but still...

I thought it was a really good episode and I loved the opening but what annoyed me wsa the skipping ten minutes into the future. I think it would have been great for Mac to be checking everyone, Don and Jo arriving all like 'what the hell happened in here?' or words to that effect.
    Not nearly enough Adam for my liking but I was glad he was atleast in the lab when the shooting started so something actually happened to him, but there should have been more reprocossions(i think i spelt that wrong).
    I loved Mac punching Bill. He should do that more often. ;)
    I loved the car crash scene but I dont get why Mac's angry at Flack
    Cant wait for the next episode but MAC HAD BETTER NOT GO!!!!!
    Great episode, cant wait for the season finale though I'm dreading the cliffhanger :S
    x

14. Sarah

Sarah Victim

Isn't Mac mad because Flack and his men were supposed to be keeping an eye on the guy, but then he got away.

15. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Another great episode just a week before the finale!!I really liked Peter Fonda's little story arc...He shared some nice chemistry with Mac!!I was a little disappointed with the opening scene a little bit as I was expecting more action...But the script was awesome-definitely one of the best episodes this season offered us.

What's wrong with the poll???