Review: CSI: Miami--'Paint It Black'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, May 3, 2011.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

A young woman is killed in a hot tub, and Horatio suspects that her best friend’s memory loss could be the key to their investigation. Synopsis: Monica Dow and Corinne Palmer are relaxing in a hot tub, but Monica feels like someone is watching them. She goes to retrieve her phone so she can call [...]

More...

2. Arkle

Arkle Dead on Arrival

This is hardly the first cop show where the cops have doubts about their own prime suspect, which is a nice change from them spending half an episode going after someone only to find out, sometimes too late (like they get shanked in jail, or killed by a family member of the victim), that they're actually innocent (Law & Order SVU does this to the point of annoyance as the suspect is usually only a suspect because he or she has a sexual habit that isn't monogamous heterosexual missionary sex). But what bugged me about this one is how quick everyone is to back Horatio. Natalia only has a modicum of doubt, but everyone else is "OK, if you say so."

What might make for a compelling episode is if Hortaio has this hunch about a prime suspect being innocent, but no one on the team not even his closest wingmen, Eric and Frank, believe him, and he ends up taking extreme steps to keep an innocent person out of jail, maybe even doing something to get himself suspended (not fired of course, because Caruso would never let that happen). I can even see the last scene of this hypothetical ep in my head; Person In Charge tells Horatio he's on unpaid suspension until a board clear him of breaking any laws or whatever, and as Horatio hands the guy his badge and gun, PIC says "Was it really worth it Caine?" Horatio just slides on his sunglasses and says "Damn right it was."

3. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Thanks for the review!!Really liked this episode!!Very unique storyline...