Internet Terms Help ~ Updated 16th March 2006

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

WOW :eek:. Thanks for the answer :thumbsup:

2. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

I think I can help you there, GottaLoveVegas. I'm not sure if this is right though...I hear my friend say this. On the Internet, probably a typo.

Whenever my friend, Zada, likes to rub something she got right I got wrong in my face, she says: "I totally powned you!" (By the way, how do you spell powned?:confused:) Anyways, I think "pown" means "own" ("I totally powned you"="I totally owned you".)

"Pwn" could be a typo, but at the same time, people might be spelling it like that without the "O" on purpose. For example, think how people spell "thanks" on the Internet: "thx", without the "a" and "n". So, "pwn" could be a typo or simply spelled like that in netspeak.

God, I hate netspeak. :rolleyes: Bunch of lazy people on the Net these days. :shifty: Good thing we only use the common ones here. :lol:

3. mefallit

mefallit Victim

Very interesting and informative thread, though it hasn't really had any activity in about a year.

LOL (little old lady)... :lol:

To add onto Miyukiseta, "pwn" is most accepted as meaning...

-Urban Dictionary (I usually go here for any netspeak dilemmas I may encounter)​

4. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Well because it's not really a discussion thread but rather informative what you can check now and then. That's why it's sticky.

But thanks for the input

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I remembered another one...

YMM=Your Mileage May Vary

I have a hard time describing it though. Isn't it like your opinion may vary depending how much you've seen or something?

FF.net-http://www.fanfiction.net

Then we have the actor name short hand...LF,WP,JF,...but why is it used more for some than others? I have noticed that.

Re 'win' that is definately big on LJ. FTW,Made of win,or just plain WIN. Anyone here ever use 'WORD'? That's kind of like 'I agree'.

I see my other post...I realize now that we don't use the chatty ones much. Like POS,AFK,ect.

Oh, did you put IM in there? AIM,YIM...instant messengers. (Yahoo and AOL)MSN IM is usually just MSN.

bff-best friend forever
    bf/gf boyfriend/girlfriend
    FB-Facebook
    NSFW-Not Safe For Work (referring to mature fanart usually, although that's forbidden here)

6. lukeace

lukeace Victim

Could anyone possibly help me by telling me what MHM means?

7. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

In what terms are you referring to as there may be more than one answer.

8. lukeace

lukeace Victim

I am not sure people just keep saying whm.
    Please just tell what you think it could be and I will attempt to apply it to the situation.
    Thanks <3