Grade 'Nothing For Something'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Apr 29, 2011.

?

How would you grade Nothing For Something?

1. A+

9 vote(s)
    36.0%
  2. A

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  3. A-

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. B+

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. B

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

First episode of May sweeps! Give it a watch and let us know what you thought... :cool:

2. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Pretty good so far. The guy from "The Event" stole Mac's wallet.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Mac is definitely stressed. I hope he isn't sorry for it. Might not be, from the looks of the promo.

Not too much ship stuff, which isn't a bad thing. I'd love to see a bit more mixing while they work scenes though...a little less pairing up Danny and Lindsay. They weren't interacting really tonight, and it's true Flack was there, but once in a while I'd like to see one without the other, even though I enjoy the ship.

Adam was funny.

Mac needs Jo and Flack to keep on him, with Stella gone, it's even harder to get him to listen LOL

This was obviously the 'fear of heights' thing that was mentioned.

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I'll be very disappointed if it turns out Bill Hunt is another cop gone bad cliche!!! And Mac is there giving him the "you're a disgrace to the NYPD. I don't know who you are." look!!! :scream:

Anyway, the episode was pretty good. The serial killer story was simple and I like it. Noce mention of Stella!

5. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

i'm not gonna lie, when Jo started telling Mac to go home i was literally like "GO BACK TO THE FBI!! NO ONE TELLS MAC TAYLOR WHAT TO DO!!!" followed by a few expletives, and i blame Jo for Mac getting his wallet stolen, but the storyline was pretty nice.
    Peter Fonda was totally giving me the creeps, so he did an excellent job.
    the ending and the promo for next week had me literally scared i was like "MAC NO!!!"
    clearly i haven't had enough caffeine, because i'm commenting in short random bursts but--ooh tangent!
    Flack's comment about the dog years to human years to cop years ratio had me very confused. I'm wondering if there was a point to that or if the writers were just like "Okay, flack's gonna be random this week" :D
    me being the hopeless SMacked shipper that i am, it almost hurt to hear Stella's name casually mentioned, and when i saw Mac was stressed the first thing i thought was "Wow, Stella's absence has really taken its toll on him..." :(
    Also, as the episode plays over, where did Mac being tired and exhausted happen anyway? was this a progressive story arc over the last episode or two that i just missed, or did Mac just suddenly become ridiculously overworked in the 3-week hiatus?

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I think he did...he wasn't that bad last ep, I know that. And agreed with many of your comments, legitly.

7. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I really liked this episode. :) I've only seen coupla eppies in season 7 but I think storyline was one of my favourites. :)

Haha Jo and Flack trying to get Mac out of the crimescene! :lol: I wanna raise a hat for'em! :bolian: I grinned like a fool watching that scene, loved it! :D

Mac's wallet stolen was also nice thing, no need to tell that I love Mac centered eppies! :hugegrin: And when he took that guy on this office....well...:devil::D

I really like Jo also. Even though I haven't watch a lot episodes but I've grown to like her character a lot.

Fonda was excellent. I presumed he'd do amazing job no doubt about that. His character is really interesting and keeps me guessing.

Can't wait how this story continues, when I saw the last scene I thought:
    "O-ou...trouble in front..."

I gave A+ :)

8. CSINYADDICT99

CSINYADDICT99 Hit and Run

I gave it an 'A'
    I absolutely loved Flack's line 'The lullaby's a bit creepy, but the milk and cookies could work' I also liked Jo kicking Mac out of the crime scene but i thought it would've better suited Stella.
    Adam was brilliant as usual.
    I really liked the plot line and I'm looking forward to next weeks
    :)

9. churchmouse

churchmouse Witness

I think what Flack was trying to say was for every year he/they are cops it’s physically taking 2 years of their own life away, with the stress etc. Maybe in away he was trying to tell Mac that they need to some time and take it easy.

10. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I agree. that irked me too. Jo acts like the expert on every damn thing. Like the rare purple paint. Come on! How many cops are going to know about rare paints and how they react with water. I rolled my eyes on that one for sure.

I think it was a good episode, but I also was annoyed that Mac automatically thought Fonda's character was a bad cop. Unfortunately he was right, so the streak of Mac being right continues.

I enjoyed the episode. I was amused that the serial killer guy had been in a Mentalist episode earlier in the season, as the dude who held up a back because people thought he killed his wife. So it weirds me out when actors make the rounds of the CBS shows lol.

I was bummed at the lack of Adam this episode and when he was on, the stupid voice was a turnoff.

I will say that Mac looked very good in that episode. His eyes seemed especially green and bright. I was intently watching more than usual lol

11. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I think Jo is interested in arts. Remember in 'Damned if You Do', she knew something about glass used to design walls (she read about on newspaper/magazine)? Probably a bit of continuation. And she mentioned she worked art theft case/s in her FBI years so she's most probably familiar with that purple paint.

I forgot to mention: this episode is an A! I like suspense episodes! :D

12. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

A+ - Adam's accent cracked me up ("The student has become the master") Mac had his wallet stolen :lol: poor Mac. Nice to see Jo behaving a bit more like Stella, One of the things I loved about Stella was how she stood up to Mac and showed him, yes he is in charge of the crime lab but they are friends and they are both Detective First Grades, nice to see they treat each other as equals.

Actually, on the subject of Stella, I loved the fact she was mentioned, she's still part of the CSI:NY family!

My FAVORITE episode of the season, keep up the good work guys!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  13. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

ummm, why? that reach-over-with-a-map-asking-for-directions stunt, is the oldest trick in the book! Mac needed someone to tell him to go home and sleep, poor man! although working in emergency services and currently having been up for over 24hr myself with only a couple brief dozes, i completely see and understand how that happens :p which leads me to...

errr, do you not remember season 1, season 3, season 4, Veritas, and season 6 in particular? Mac taking his on job and responsibilities without thought for himself is who he's always been. It's not a 3-week hiatus, it's an entire show character trait. And excuse me while i entirely disagree that Stella's absence has taken its toll on him. If anything he's been more relaxed and at ease than he's ever been the entire series this year! And if you want to bring in a possible reason for him staying at work for three days straight, take it from me who's also been running crazy recently. It happens every spring and summer when it warms up. Call volume increases, people go nuts, and we run our asses off. I appreciate if you were a Stella fan and miss her being on the show, but it's not the reason for Mac being tired at the beginning of this ep.

Except she never got him to actually listen and go home :p sorry, had to point it out :lol:

Actually, Mac intimates his old partner always tread in a grey area. Remember when Mac went to see him at the diner and asked him if his informant and warrant was good? He said, "I have a lot of respect for you, Bill. We just had a different way of doing things." It sounds as if he always had a penchant for an end-justifies-the-means method of doing things. And based on how Mac knew exactly what he'd done at the end, I get the feeling that it wasn't the first time Bill had beat up someone like that.

So, for my overall opinion of this ep - it. was. ACE!!!!!!!!!!! I freakin' loved it! did they get a whole new writing staff between the last ep and this one that studied the early seasons properly?! :D I was dying of both *meltiness* and laughter that whole beginning sequence when Jo and Flack teamed up to send Mac home :lol:

Jo - "And I don't want to hear about the trail mix from the vending machine last night."
    Mac - (in feeble protest) "It was a granola bar!" :guffaw: ..... "I dozed off on the couch and then this came in.".... "Look, I am not walking out of a homicide investigation."
    Jo - "No. Don is driving you out. (Flack: "Yo!") It's all been arranged.... Don is going to take you for breakfast to that favorite diner of yours, and then take you home and tuck you in."
    Mac - "Is he going to give me milk and cookies and sing me a lullaby?"
    Flack - "The lullaby thing is a little weird, but milk and cookies could happen!":guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

I SOOOOO :adore: Mac/Flack/Jo, and Mac + Flack = pure awesomeness :guffaw: I loved it how Mac acted like a kid who's been caught doing something he shouldn't have and tries to weasel his way out of it :lol: And the whole thing FINALLY gave them all (particularly Gary, who's talent being wasted like it has been, is nothing short of criminal....) good material to work with! And speaking of Gary/Mac brilliance, i really liked how they gave him such a range in this ep - from tired, to exasperated, to funny, to pissed. I actually SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE'd out loud when he threw that guy across his office and essentially assaulted him, with a swearing tirade! Not to mention looking generally in *ahem* fine form :drool::devil::evil::devil::drool:

But I will try to get back to a technical note. The entire ep was well written. I was quite impressed when they gave us an actual twist that was unexpected in the form of an already "processed" crime scene. THAT, i did not see coming. Adam's accent and poking fun at Lindsey was hilarious! :lol: and it was the first ep in a looooooong time where she did not annoy me! :eek: Like i said earlier and to talkingtocactus at the time, did they hire all new staff prior to these last 3 eps?!

The soundtrack was really good, especially at the very end at the precinct. It was an actual orchestral-type bit!

A+ :D

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I just have to say: Flack, Jo, Mac on a scene together = perfection.

That first scene with the three of them was pure awesomeness!! :) I love concerned Jo and how she is definitely the nurturing part of the team. I'm also always amused as to how Mac reacts to her. His comment about the cookies and the lullaby was so funny and Flack's reaction was priceless. That scene alone made the whole episode for me.

The episode kept me interested. Fonda was great and I'm intrigued as to where it all goes.

Oh, the scene in the roof was pretty good. I liked how composed and firm Jo looked but later we saw she was actually pretty shaken up. Nice bit right there.

I can't believe I missed Stella being mentioned! When was this??

15. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

It was somewhere in the middle of the episode. The scene was between Jo and Lindsay in the layout room and Linds told Jo that the Macy Martinez (the first victim 8 months ago) case was one of the last cases Stella worked on.